Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

#5837 - totalled

7K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  tigerhonaker 
#1 ·
Saw this on another forum, Brian aka-'Skwerl' wasn't hurt, only Bullitt# 5837 was totalled.
Pics:

Brian's desc. of incident:
Ass end got sideways, I bounced over the curb and slid through the wet grass smack into a brick wall. It's gone. I'm completely unharmed other than some chemical burning on my hand from the air bags.
http://www.imboc.com/forums/member.php?u=13055

:cry:

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh My! This is sad. I am glad the driver was OK, and the safety features looked like they did their job. That car looks like it had just got a new blower. It might just be the pic, but the blower looks brand new...even newer than some of the surrounding area. I've had Mustangs all my life, and know very well about how they can step out in the back end. I've had lots of cars that would do that. These Mustangs handle so good up to the point they get loose that they can lull you...of course you guys already know that that have driven them. Hopefully the car can be restored, or live on in other Bullitts that need special parts. Again, the driver was the most important thing, and I'm glad he is OK.

#5 ·
so sorry to see that Brian. Glad you are all right!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 ·
That's a shame but at least no one was hurt.

#13 ·
Saw this on another forum, Brian aka-'Skwerl' wasn't hurt, only Bullitt# 5837 was totalled.
Pics:
Brian's desc. of incident:
"Ass end got sideways, I bounced over the curb and slid through the wet grass smack into a brick wall. It's gone. I'm completely unharmed other than some chemical burning on my hand from the air bags. "

:cry:
This sounds familiar. At Texas, Dale Jr got too low, slid on the wet grass and smacked the wall. Brian aka-'Skwerl', you are in good company. This can happen to the best of them.

#15 ·
I missed this thread as I don't visit here often. Got a decent payout from insurance, bought the car back and parted it out. Ended up getting about $35K out of it so far which is way more than I ever could have gotten selling it outright. Waiting to finalize a deal on selling the chassis to somebody wanting to build a race car out of it.

No plans at present to replace it. Feels good to pay off all my credit cards and have a few dollars in the bank. Work has been slow so it's nice having a couple months worth of income in the checking account. I'll see how this year pans out and might think about picking something up in 6 months or so.

#18 ·
4400 miles on my 2014 GT/CS and while it's a better car than the Bullitt in every measurable way, it doesn't feel like 'my' car. It's nice but I simply do not think about it except when it's time to go drive it. Might as well be a rental in my mind.

I will never buy the first year of a new model but maybe 2016 or 2017 will bring along a model I will like enough to call my own. Until then I'm stuck driving the rental.

#19 ·
I think I know exactly what you mean. Because I bought a 2014 Focus and to me its just a car, just transportation. I mean I really like it but it does'nt have that special thing the B does. Somehow I feel personally connected to the Bullitt. And while I'm glad I got a muscle car I like, I don't really like being too attached to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.