Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

F/S on ebay

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  68SCODE 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Having just finished my 68 restoration last summer I feel I'm pretty "up" on the 68 Bullitt car. Maybe it's just me, but something seems off about the Highland green paint. Maybe it's the lighting, but looks almost like more of a forest green to me. Again, maybe it's just me. Also, right behind the driver side louvers I swear I see a drip in the paint. Maybe a reflection, but I don't think so. I like the custom wheel, rear black out panel, and moving the antenna to the rear pass. side quarter panel.......seems those are three things a lot of Bullitt replicas lack. Very nice car. I wouldn't kick it out of my garage.

#6 ·
I think it may be the lighting as to the paint color but I also see a drip/run in the paint by the rear louver. Hard to believe someone went to all the trouble to do a restomod like this and leave a run in the paint but then again they also painted the door latches. Also door panels are standard type and not the delux style. Shifter boot is a Hurst for a rectangular handle, should have used a stock or delux mustang boot.

#10 ·
Bring them to your future Bullitt purchase imspection - hahaha!

#11 ·
Mine isn't perfect either. I just found a few minor paint flaws as I was detailing it for the OKC International Auto Show in Oklahoma City this weekend. I agree with 68stang, why go to all that trouble and then leave a big run in the paint. Other than that and the painted door latches it's pretty damn nice. I'm just picky as hell.

#13 ·
I've seen yours, before it was finished though, and it is, "damn nice". A top quality build. It's not gonna be perfect if you drive it.
Too many little things wrong with this one, for me, for the asking price. You should be "picky as hell" when you're looking to spend nearly $70,000 on a car.

#15 ·
Its funny to hear the salesman ramble on in the video with incorrect information. I think this is a nice looking ride as well. Few departures in the interior...and having those shock towers erased opens up all sorts of room for that big block. looks tiny in there now! The paint looks moss green too, but I agree, might have more to do with florescent lighting.

I too think about all the effort that went into the car and my biggest gripe is the non-deluxe seats and door panels! If I am spendy 70k I want full DELUXE kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.