Thread: Mods?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 05:49 PM
Steve68Cougar
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4492
I've been happy with the Tokico adjustables that came with my FR3A kit. The kit as a whole rides a little rougher than the stock suspension, but if you run with the struts/shocks on a soft setting then it's not too bad. I typically go full soft on the fronts and at least 1 1/2 rounds from soft on the rears. If you go too soft on the rears then it will wheel hop. When autocrossing I usually go full firm on the fronts and around 2 1/2 rounds from soft on the rear. You basically want the back soft enough so that the axle will rotate and prevent the inside wheel from spinning as much as possible. On a road course I end up going full firm both front and rear. On a drag strip I go full soft on the front and start out about 3 rounds from soft on the rear. I try to go just firm enough to keep it from wheel hopping. I've done some other suspension mods to mine (lower relocation kit, rod ends on axle joints, adjustable upper control arm, etc), so others may adjust them differently. After all of that - I wouldn't switch out for anything that isn't adjustable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 Bullitt DHG #4492
'68 Cougar 289/4-speed

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome