IMBOC - View Single Post - Post any MT82 Transmission issues here:
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Tonykart22

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1PP09
Quoted from the used 2019's thread. Thanks OP for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT02734 View Post
Sorry for the delayed response. So, I just got mine back from the dealer. Have three issues with transmission.

This is what those issues are along with their current stance on them:

1. Most concerning (now that they think they know what issue # 3 issue is) - harsh, crunchy 1st to 2nd shift. Tech said yes, for sure it’s there. Much worse when cold. Improves slightly when vehicle has been driven and transmission is at operating temp. Never goes completely away. Tech is their resident “transmission guy” at a fairly high-volume Mustang dealer and says that the only thing Ford has allowed them to do for this was change the fluids so far and that helps some but in ones he has seen as bad as mine it never “fixes” it so he elected to leave mine alone until issues 2&3 are dealt with.

2. Often hard to engage 3rd gear out of a 4000 rpm + shift. Feels tight. He says that is the nature of this transmission unfortunately but says I should be thankful I don’t have an early one as they were much worse. Basically said wait till it breaks. Really concerning seeing how in exactly one year of ownership I have only 5,000 kms on it.

3. This one is the stumper and has me worried that a) maybe he hasn’t seen enough Mustang transmissions of this generation to really know what is goin on and b) Ford is compensating for a known issue. The transmission has a rattling or ratcheting sound and feel coming out of a 2-3 and 3-4 shift while mildly spirited driving. Really worrisome noise. Higher the rpm shift it is, the worse it is. Sounds mechanical for sure. First time I was in for this problem they said to play with the traction control and rev matching. I did, no difference. Nothing at all to do with tire grip or traction control. Today he puts it on the hoist and shows me they think it is an issue with the counterweight on the right side of the transmission. What worries me is he has never seen or noticed one of these on them before. It is loose where it connects with a pin on the outside to a rod into the internals. I’ll take a pic once I get it up on my rack at home here. Looks like an upside down ‘T’, painted black. If you grab it you can see play in the pin and it makes a very similar noise to what you hear in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome