• 1 Post By Bullitt4003

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4003
Boy those Millennials......

......are really impressed with the 2019 Mustang Bullitt. I've owned my '19 for 11 months now and by far, the most compliments I have received are from the Millennial demographics, 35 and younger........You know, the generation that has no interest in cars.....according to the media.

The compliments I have received are based on the color (the best color of the 3 editions in my opinion), the exhaust sound as well as overall looks. No references are usually made to Steve McQueen or the movie, as it should be, all three editions should stand on their own merit.

This could be just a Detroit area phenomena, but I doubt it.

One hipster said today....."Man is that one cool car....but you know that since everyone should be commenting on it." I told him he was the first one...Today. He said, ".....then they just don't understand....."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'01 Bullitt 4003 - Dark Highland Green & '19 Bullitt K0013 - Dark Highland Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:49 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
Talking

I just came home from a lovely evening, and sunset drive in 4404, and an encounter with a millennial driving a new Bullit. He just got it in May (University Grad present) and had to learn to shift gears. I was in a general store getting a bottle of water and told him where he could get 94 Octane gas, as I was headed there.
I said to him as only an old racer can; " Follow me if you can keep up."
Hwy 518 is a very twisty, short straights, two lane highway with very few crossroads. I took off headed for Parry Sound. It was a good bit of fun. The road is so twisty that you don't make great speed but corner entry and braking are critical. He tried to keep up but early apexed every corner and washed out coming off the turns. On the few straight sections he blasted up behind me, only for me to wiggle away on the twisty bits. ( I also know this road really well) Anyway, we both made it to the gas station grinning all the way.
He commented that I knew how to drive my car, and I confessed that knowing the road and having a few thousand race laps under my belt may have helped. I gave him the names of a two good performance driving programs he should try. And then, on my way home, a beautiful sunset lit up the horizon. I guess maybe the old Bullit and it's gray templed owner still have a few tricks left. As Jimbob might say, whippersnappers!

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 08:34 AM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6005
Garage
This past Fri I finally sold my son's stock cat-back exhaust from his '16 GT (nice to have garage space back)& the three young men who bought were in early 20's. I opened the garage to get some rags f/protecting exhaust tips and their jaws dropped wen they saw my Bullitt sitting inside. Asked if they could hear it run and...of course I complied. They oogled over the car & took some pics to show friends back home. Even knew who Steve McQueen was & saw the movie.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
- 1970 302 Boss ( deceased
), - 1969 Mach-1 (Sold
), -1982 Ghia ( Sold
) +2009 DHG Bullitt #6005 (
) USAF, Retired (MSgt)

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:39 AM
Supporting Member

Still think the 08/09 is the best looking Bullit. IMHO.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 08:21 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6498
I agree 100%! The 08/09 is the as close to the 68 as it gets...………...now if someone would figure out how to easily put a Coyote in the 08/09...………
At three hundred and fifteen horsepower...……..there are lawn tractors that rival my BULLITT!

LOL!

ARMY TC
Jimbob, FarmerDon and bullit4404 like this.

IT MUST BE THE GREEN!!!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 10:43 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01118
Garage
There is an easy answer to this "which is best" dilemma - buy them all

Greg D., at the local auto show back in February, I had my '19 as one of the display cars for a local Mustang club to which I belong. I was similarly surprised at the number of younger folks who reacted positively to it. I'd say about half of them knew it was a Bullitt Mustang and it's connection to the movie, and the other half appreciated the styling and the color.

It is my opinion that the marketing on this car was really helped by the resurfacing of the '68 hero car and the splash that Ford made at a number of auto shows worldwide. I find it excellent there is interest in the Bullitt Mustang that has gone on for 18 years now, when truly, it was an "invented" special edition back in 2001.

From my discussions with Bullitt owners outside of North America, and what we've seen posted here, there is a lot of interest in this car. I am glad that Ford invested in the Mustang to the extent we have the '19 in the current line-up...and can now add it to the one that kicked it off in 2001 and continued it in 2008/09. Someone should write a book about all three

Nice shots!

Tony Alonso
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - black, #1118, VIN 1FAFP42X21F213026
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #6323, VIN 1ZVHT82H995129122
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt - dark highland green, K1254, VIN 1FA6P8K06K5500726
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 08:58 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 01251
Hee hee. Yes you should! ^^^^^^^^^Write the book!
Marguerite likes this.

DHG # 01251-129,000+ miles -ACCEL COP's-LED 3rd Brake Light-Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback Exhaust-Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks-KYB Axle Damper Shocks-Bullitt Center Caps from On in 60-JLT RAI DHG -Chin Spoiler -Mach 1 Grille Delete-FarmerDons Custom Mesh Grille Insert

USAF 70-74

Last edited by FarmerDon; 06-24-2019 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Add on
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 10:11 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
UH,,,, What's a book?

Is this those "old timey" things that contains a lot of wiggly lines on square pieces of papers.

I think I recently saw one at an antique shop.

Isn't those from the same time period where people drove cars with clutches and you had to shift the gears yourself?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:24 AM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 3122
Garage
Sunday, my 2008 literally stopped a young man in his tracks when he saw the B approaching him. The group he was with kept walking while he stood on the sidewalk spinning his entire body around to watch me go by. When I turned into the restaurant almost a block away, he was still standing there watching. Put a big grin on my face! “Lookit that, baby, you’re the prettiest car in the world!” (I already knew that, I was just stroking her ego.)

I always wonder if people know what my car is, or if they are responding to a good looking car going by.

On our way to the Nats in Detroit a couple years ago, we stopped at a rest area and an older man immediately came up to the B. “I never in my life thought I would ever see a Bullitt.” I was happy to put on a one-car car show and I insisted he sit in the driver’s seat so his wife could take some pix of him in it. Do y’all let people sit in your cars? I’m up to three people now.

--
I had the right to remain silent... but I didn't have the ability.
-Ron White
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:55 AM
Supporting Member

Maybe it was the awesome driver that caught his attention? And, yes, I let people sit in my car, especially little kids at car shows. No ice cream allowed.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 03:22 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4370
On our recent drive back from Minnesota to Tallahassee (1400 miles), we overnighted in Birmingham AL. During conversation with our dinner waiter, we learned he was a gear head, torn between rice burners, bowties and blue oval. I gave him the keys to 08 BLLTT and told him to take a run around the parking lot. The manager and him both did so. We got a very discounted, nicely served fine meal! Along with excellent martini's, with the shaken top ice layer. Perfect end to a day's drive.

Last edited by tossass4370; 06-26-2019 at 03:33 AM.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:49 AM

Super BullittHead

Millennials are over 35. I'm 36 and considered one, I think it goes up to like 38 or 39 depending on the source you use. I mean nearly ALL auto YouTubers are Millennials.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4003
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyBULLITT View Post
Millennials are over 35. I'm 36 and considered one, I think it goes up to like 38 or 39 depending on the source you use. I mean nearly ALL auto YouTubers are Millennials.
Exactly, but the media wants society to believe otherwise. The highest percentage of participants at Cars and Coffee events, at least in the Detroit area, are Millennials.
bullit4404 likes this.

Greg

'01 Bullitt 4003 - Dark Highland Green & '19 Bullitt K0013 - Dark Highland Green

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode