Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

2020 Bullitts

8K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  Tonykart22 
#1 ·
It is now the middle of July. When should we expect the first of the 2020 Bullitt to start showing up.

I wonder how they will be numbered? Will they continue where the 2019s left off or will they change the "Model" character and start over with the numbers?

I think (MHO) that the total number of 19s and 20s will exceed the number of the previous model Bullitt (01, 08 and 09) combined.

Reactions: bullit4404
#4 ·
It is now the middle of July. When should we expect the first of the 2020 Bullitt to start showing up.

The order banks opened recently and production will start next month on August 19, so probably by early September we should start to see some.

#6 ·
Thanks Tony, that is the information that I was looking for. If someone is looking for a Bullitt today, wait another month and there should be big discounts available. Maybe even a rebate if there are enough hanging around on the lots.

#10 ·
Greg, I don't disagree with you but my thoughts is that since the Bullitt is Limited to 2019 and 2020 ONLY, they may just continue with sequence number as the total number will be limited. In the case of the GT350, it is (was) destined for a number of years so it made sense to start over each year to prevent exceeding the number of digits.

It will be interesting to see how the first 2020s are sequenced. I expect them to change the Model Year from K to L but will they actually start over or pickup where they left off (like the did with the 08/09 ).

We don't have long to wait.

#11 ·
Greg, I don't disagree with you but my thoughts is that since the Bullitt is Limited to 2019 and 2020 ONLY, they may just continue with sequence number as the total number will be limited. In the case of the GT350, it is (was) destined for a number of years so it made sense to start over each year to prevent exceeding the number of digits.

If the 4 printed digits are a limit, then there would be only up to 9999, with 8000 of them produced in a single model year. That would seem to be some lopsided production :)

Reactions: JackDW - 852
#18 ·
Here we are. Depending upon the resources you read, the 2020 Models will start production either this week or next week. Once the production start gearing up, I expect to see a push to clear out the 2019 models. If you have been on the fence, this may be your opportunity. This is the time of the year to get your best deal on "last" years models. I expect to see some great bargains in the next few weeks.

On the other hand, if you want the latest and greatest, the 2020 will start showing up on the lots in about a month, maybe less. With all the 2019's still stilling around, I do not see dealers trying to add ADM to the 2020s. If you happen to encounter a dealer that is adding an ADM to a 2020, RUN. That dealer is looking at your wallet and not you.

#21 ·
As Tony Alonso pointed out, they almost have to start the plaque number over since it only allow for 4 positions and seeing that the 2019 is in the 8000 range, they will have to start over. So I expect that the 2020 will have a K prefix on the dash plaque and start the numbers over for the 2020.

#22 ·
Just did an inventory search for 2020s. A fair number of 2020 Mustangs in the area but no 2020 Bullitt.

Has anyone else see one show up yet.

I find a lot of 2019 Bullitt at the local dealerships. Even the local dealership, who loves to add ADMs, have one that is now discounted. So many out there, the dealerships are bargaining. When the 2020 Bullitt start showing up, the discounts will be even greater.

#24 ·
Weren't there almost 10,000 2019 Bullitts built?

We have one registered here that's in the 7900 range. Supposedly someone saw one over 8800 at a dealership but we didn't get a look at a chassis plate.

#26 ·
I don't think a 2009 is more desirable or collectible than a 2008, even though many less were built for MY2009. Would expect the same for the 2019-2020 builds, and agree that most people who really wanted one has it by now. I believe there will be more dealer ordered cars for MY2020 than 2019, and expect the 2020 total production will be less than 2019. Maybe Ford will allocate more units to foreign markets than they did for MY2019.

#28 ·
I saw a HG 2019 at a car cruise yesterday. It was numbered in the low 7500's...…...the fellow told me that it was a very recent delivery to a Ford dealer in my area. He said he got a $4K discount...…….no trade.
Beautiful car...……..
Anyone want to buy my 2009??? LOL!

ARMY TC

#34 ·
Did you see this on a valid window sticker? There should be no change in the engine output.

#37 ·
This was listed on the Ford website-No Change to the HP or Torque...Not sure why the gas guzzler charge is on of the 2020's?

Like being shot out of a smoking gun, this engine brings the pin-you-to-your-seat type of speed that you expect out of a Mustang. The BULLITT engine takes the standard 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 from the Mustang GT and adds a 97 millimeter air intake for enhanced horsepower and torque.
•480 horsepower
•420 lb.-ft. of tire-squealing torque*
•Port fuel direct injection

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.