LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 01:40 PM

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1500
Sorry its been a while. The options mine has are as follows,
Bullitt Electronics Package
Magna-ride Suspension

The previous owner had all the build sheets, window sticker, and 2 Bullitt brochures. Even the wheel locks were in a bag and never installed. My Mode and garage door opener were never set up either. I paid less than $43,000 for it. To me it was worth every penny because the car still smelled like new. A older gentleman owned it. It had 1,100 miles on it and now has over 2,000 miles on it and Ive had it about three weeks. I ceramic coted the whole car with Opti-Coat ( I own a detail shop) and have window tint going in very soon. Love the car! Pictures can be found below.

www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

2019 DHG Bullitt K1500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 02:05 PM

Super BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 02734
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHBULLITT View Post
Can you elaborate on the transmission issues ? Is this a common problem and does it only affect Bullitts or GT's as well ?

Sorry for the delayed response. So, I just got mine back from the dealer. Have three issues with transmission and one engine noise concern.

This is what those issues are along with their current stance on them:

1. Most concerning (now that they think they know what issue # 3 issue is) - harsh, crunchy 1st to 2nd shift. Tech said yes, for sure it’s there. Much worse when cold. Improves slightly when vehicle has been driven and transmission is at operating temp. Never goes completely away. Tech is their resident “transmission guy” at a fairly high-volume Mustang dealer and says that the only thing Ford has allowed them to do for this was change the fluids so far and that helps some but in ones he has seen as bad as mine it never “fixes” it so he elected to leave mine alone until issues 2&3 are dealt with.

2. Often hard to engage 3rd gear out of a 4000 rpm + shift. Feels tight. He says that is the nature of this transmission unfortunately but says I should be thankful I don’t have an early one as they were much worse. Basically said wait till it breaks. Really concerning seeing how in exactly one year of ownership I have only 5,000 kms on it.

3. This one is the stumper and has me worried that a) maybe he hasn’t seen enough Mustang transmissions of this generation to really know what is goin on and b) Ford is compensating for a known issue. The transmission has a rattling or ratcheting sound and feel coming out of a 2-3 and 3-4 shift while mildly spirited driving. Really worrisome noise. Higher the rpm shift it is, the worse it is. Sounds mechanical for sure. First time I was in for this problem they said to play with the traction control and rev matching. I did, no difference. Nothing at all to do with tire grip or traction control. Today he puts it on the hoist and shows me they think it is an issue with the counterweight on the right side of the transmission. What worries me is he has never seen or noticed one of these on them before. It is loose where it connects with a pin on the outside to a rod into the internals. I’ll take a pic once I get it up on my rack at home here. Looks like an upside down ‘T’, painted black. If you grab it you can see play in the pin and it makes a very similar noise to what you hear in the car.

4. Engine has a slapping sound coming from passenger side rear of engine (firewall almost) when cold started. Increases with engine rpm and eventually smoothes out but really loud at idle then goes away when hot. This is not the standard coyote engine tick. I have had 4 of these blocks in my F150s and have heard that tick in all of those and other Mustangs and this Bullitt has that tick too. This is a slapping sound. Flutters even. They confirmed it and are waiting to talk to Ford Engineers on it and the transmission issue #3

Will keep updating this thread. Maybe even start one in mechanical issues section in the event no one would think to look here if they are having similar concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2734 50,000kms (not miles) | 2019 DHG on order! | 2018 F150 Lariat FX4
post #33 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1PP09
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowCar View Post
Sorry its been a while. The options mine has are as follows,
Bullitt Electronics Package
Magna-ride Suspension

The previous owner had all the build sheets, window sticker, and 2 Bullitt brochures. Even the wheel locks were in a bag and never installed. My Mode and garage door opener were never set up either. I paid less than $43,000 for it. To me it was worth every penny because the car still smelled like new. A older gentleman owned it. It had 1,100 miles on it and now has over 2,000 miles on it and Ive had it about three weeks. I ceramic coted the whole car with Opti-Coat ( I own a detail shop) and have window tint going in very soon. Love the car! Pictures can be found below.

www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Did you get a cover too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT02734 View Post
Sorry for the delayed response. So, I just got mine back from the dealer. Have three issues with transmission and one engine noise concern.

This is what those issues are along with their current stance on them:

1. Most concerning (now that they think they know what issue # 3 issue is) - harsh, crunchy 1st to 2nd shift. Tech said yes, for sure it’s there. Much worse when cold. Improves slightly when vehicle has been driven and transmission is at operating temp. Never goes completely away. Tech is their resident “transmission guy” at a fairly high-volume Mustang dealer and says that the only thing Ford has allowed them to do for this was change the fluids so far and that helps some but in ones he has seen as bad as mine it never “fixes” it so he elected to leave mine alone until issues 2&3 are dealt with.

2. Often hard to engage 3rd gear out of a 4000 rpm + shift. Feels tight. He says that is the nature of this transmission unfortunately but says I should be thankful I don’t have an early one as they were much worse. Basically said wait till it breaks. Really concerning seeing how in exactly one year of ownership I have only 5,000 kms on it.

3. This one is the stumper and has me worried that a) maybe he hasn’t seen enough Mustang transmissions of this generation to really know what is goin on and b) Ford is compensating for a known issue. The transmission has a rattling or ratcheting sound and feel coming out of a 2-3 and 3-4 shift while mildly spirited driving. Really worrisome noise. Higher the rpm shift it is, the worse it is. Sounds mechanical for sure. First time I was in for this problem they said to play with the traction control and rev matching. I did, no difference. Nothing at all to do with tire grip or traction control. Today he puts it on the hoist and shows me they think it is an issue with the counterweight on the right side of the transmission. What worries me is he has never seen or noticed one of these on them before. It is loose where it connects with a pin on the outside to a rod into the internals. I’ll take a pic once I get it up on my rack at home here. Looks like an upside down ‘T’, painted black. If you grab it you can see play in the pin and it makes a very similar noise to what you hear in the car.

4. Engine has a slapping sound coming from passenger side rear of engine (firewall almost) when cold started. Increases with engine rpm and eventually smoothes out but really loud at idle then goes away when hot. This is not the standard coyote engine tick. I have had 4 of these blocks in my F150s and have heard that tick in all of those and other Mustangs and this Bullitt has that tick too. This is a slapping sound. Flutters even. They confirmed it and are waiting to talk to Ford Engineers on it and the transmission issue #3

Will keep updating this thread. Maybe even start one in mechanical issues section in the event no one would think to look here if they are having similar concerns.

Thanks, have started a thread for you here:

https://www.imboc.com/forums/457-19-...ml#post3738795

post #34 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 02:19 PM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 1500
No car cover came with it. It wasn't on the window sticker either.

2019 DHG Bullitt K1500
post #35 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

One of the cars I listed earlier has been reduced and becomes the first sub $43k car I have seen ($42,981)

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...7075/overview/

**ETA**
Found this one on eBay, K0574 with 5210 miles for $42,431 - Cheapest Bullitt I've see so far.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Ford-Mustang-Bullitt/362733448181?hash=item5474992bf5:gl0AAOSwAMJdX~V h

One newly listed, fully optioned with 1500 miles for $46,000. Private seller who bought the car and now has to head abroad.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5316/overview/

Last edited by Tonykart22; 08-23-2019 at 12:44 PM.
post #36 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Also just found this one, K2990 with 10,000 miles and reported damage on carfax. It has a replacement carbon hood so I wonder if the hood was damaged. It also has tinted fromt & rear lights and looks to have been lowered. Asking $43,602.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1398/overview/

post #37 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:27 PM

Super BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonykart22 View Post
Also just found this one, K2990 with 10,000 miles and reported damage on carfax. It has a replacement carbon hood so I wonder if the hood was damaged. It also has tinted fromt & rear lights and looks to have been lowered. Asking $43,602.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1398/overview/

If this is the same car (guessing so from the hood and also the blacked out window trim that the poster refers to as a “chrome delete”) pretty sure this thing has been all over Instagram being beat on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT02734 View Post
If this is the same car (guessing so from the hood and also the blacked out window trim that the poster refers to as a “chrome delete”) pretty sure this thing has been all over Instagram being beat on.

Interesting! Got a link or a username?
post #39 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Another new one listed. Dealer lists it as having heated seats but it has Recaro's, I wish they would research their stock more. 750 miles and asking full MSRP for a new one...nice try.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0107/overview/

Looking at new, most come with Electronics Pkg and Magnaride (MSRP $51k), these are now in the low to mid $40's (I've seen them as low as $42k), the cheapest fully spec'd I have found is $44k in black and $46k in green. That's nearly $10k off MSRP so in my opinion means ANYTHING used (i.e. with thousands rather than hundreds of miles) isn't worth more than high $30's now, especially with the 20's coming out.

Last edited by Tonykart22; 08-26-2019 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Addition
post #40 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 02:27 PM

Super BullittHead

Quote:
Interesting! Got a link or a username?

Hey Tony. I don’t have a username. I only follow the Bullitt related hashtags and it was always posted on one or more of those. Fairly positive it’s the same car as I remember thinking of doing the black wrap on the chrome because of his posts and it’s had that hood done like that for a while.

post #41 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

As we all predicted, Black is less desirable than green and those are the cars getting the biggest discounts at the moment. A Black fully optioned model with 515 miles turned up yesterday:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5660/overview/

Also, I found another 'used' Bullitt with just 96 miles. However when selling a car, it's probably a good attention to detail to be sure the shift knob is straight!

bullit4404 and ShowCar like this.

Last edited by Tonykart22; 09-11-2019 at 10:30 AM.
post #42 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 05:31 PM

BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1392
FYI:Just did a cursory search of new Bullitts for sale at a few local dealerships. I searched 8 Ford dealerships that butt up against each other along the State Route 99 corridor (Central valley California). I found 35 new Bullitts in inventory for sale. Most were advertised at MSRP. Only one or two dealerships were advertising $500-$1000 off of MSRP. All the dealerships had two or more 2019 Bullitts in inventory in both colors. IMHO it appears there is a serious glut of inventory out there. This is even before the new 2020's imminent release. I believe that if one waits longer, there will be some great deals to be made. Searching the internet the lowest new Bullitt I saw were Black colored ones in Florida for $44,000 and change. I think with this amount on inventory, by January 2020 and beyond, new 2019 Bullitt could be obtained under $40,000.
post #43 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

We have a new leader for cheapest Bullitt!

752 miles with Electronics pkg, Magnaride and a car cover. $41,760 (exactly $10K of MSRP)

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4477/overview/

S8MS-01904 likes this.
post #44 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 09:48 AM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01118
Garage
Quote:
We have a new leader for cheapest Bullitt!

752 miles with Electronics pkg, Magnaride and a car cover. $41,760 (exactly $10K of MSRP)

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4477/overview/

Dang, that's a deal! Maybe I should trade - hahaha!
Tonykart22 likes this.

Tony Alonso
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - black, #1118, VIN 1FAFP42X21F213026
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #6323, VIN 1ZVHT82H995129122
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt - dark highland green, K1254, VIN 1FA6P8K06K5500726
post #45 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

We have a new leader, in both lowest price AND highest mileage.

Introducing our first sub $40k 2019 Bullitt.....with 34,000 (yes you read that right, 34 THOUSAND) miles!!!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...7624/overview/

This this just looks tired! Look at the seats...

To me that is significantly overpriced, a max of $5k less than you can now get a new 2019 for.

K2990 (see post #36) has been reduced by $1.5k to $40,977, so becomes the second cheapest Bullitt available now. They seem to have removed the photo showing the K number.

Last edited by Tonykart22; 09-30-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode