36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1PP09
Used 19 Bullitts thread

There are 16 2019 "used" Bullitts for sale within 500 miles of me. Some interesting price and mileage variations.

Looks to be a fully loaded model with 5300 miles:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...erview/http://

Yet this one, albeit dirty, is the same spec with only 55 miles for the same price:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...9048/overview/

Cheapest overall is $43,877 for a car with electronics package, magnaride and 1100 miles.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1770/overview/

Not sure without window stickers though how to see the exact spec of each car.
FarmerDon and bullit4404 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 01:13 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
Link didn't work on the first one. Sure wonder what the story is on the 2nd one. Seller isn't saying much...
FarmerDon likes this.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 03:31 PM
Supporting Member

Just curiosity on my part, but it would be interesting to contact the original buyers of these cars...

But you never know...as many here know, I simply regretted buying my '09. Still kinda do, but Cindy convinced me that it's best to try to drive my money out of it. I offered it for $20K here when the odo read only 4,000. Mark wanted it, but was unable to buy...no other offers. Probably best for me that it didn't sell. It's been a reliable and comfortable driver for a hair over 30,000 miles now. Just not a thrill ride for me.

So, could be a story similar, with the original buyer simply not happy with the car, or could be repoed, or something fishy...damage not being revealed.

Anybody considering one of these cars, I'd advise proceeding with extreme caution..

(edit) These a bit weird in light of a recent thread showing dealers still asking additional markup. I'm puzzled.
bullit4404 and Tonykart22 like this.

Last edited by pwd72s; 07-31-2019 at 03:50 PM.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 08:01 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
Not good if selling so soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 02:07 AM

Super BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Serialized Number: 02734
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit4404 View Post
Not good if selling so soon.

Iím going to be brutally honest here. Iíve thought of selling my 2019 a couple times. For a loss even. The transmission issues scare the crap out of me. Itís just not right. Itís a garbage transmission with spotty at best shifting. I have a collection of Mustangs and Capris and countless other performance cars over the years and with the exception of my 2001 Bullitt with the known issue going into 2nd gear, not one other of them give/gave me hesitation to drive it. Like I mean drive it. Like they were built to be driven. Until this one. Iím beyond far from hard on this car. I have drag raced Mustangs. Mustangs I built to drag race. I donít do that type of driving on the road in my stock car. I save that for the track in my built for the track car. Fun, spirited driving in the 2019 just isnít right. There is definitely an underlying issue. My buddy is a Nascar crew chief and the first time he drove my car ďaround the blockĒ he said ďTake it back. Your transmission is f*ckedĒ. Same thing Iíve been saying since delivery. Sad thing is, I was warned by my local dealer prior to taking delivery that there were still issues and I didnít listen. Wanted the car too bad. Drives me nuts that Matt is piling miles into his with zero concern and I feel like I have the lemon.

My 2019, while it puts a huge smile on my face every time I drive it, the transmission has issues 100%. I know it. Dealer knows it. Ford denies it. Itís well documented on service history but I know I put too few miles on it having so many other cars to spread my driving time around that the real issues will surface when itís well out of warranty. With Fordís terrible track record with my last 6 F150s and various warranty issues, I just know Iím on my own to correct their manufacturing flaws. This transmission included. That cost will far exceed the money I have spent fixing F150s on my own that Ford wouldnít step up on.

I bleed Ford blue. But my blood is running thin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pwd72s and bullit4404 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2734 50,000kms (not miles) | 2019 DHG on order! | 2018 F150 Lariat FX4
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 02:07 AM
Supporting Member

Many old phrases hang around because they are true. So....

If something seems too good to be true, it's because it is.
bullit4404 likes this.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Just curiosity on my part, but it would be interesting to contact the original buyers of these cars...
Is that possible here? I know in the UK you can pay the DVLA (DMV) a fee to get every previous registration certificate (title) issued on your car. It is popular with classic car owners wanting to get the history of their car.

Quote:
But you never know...as many here know, I simply regretted buying my '09. Still kinda do, but Cindy convinced me that it's best to try to drive my money out of it. I offered it for $20K here when the odo read only 4,000. Mark wanted it, but was unable to buy...no other offers. Probably best for me that it didn't sell. It's been a reliable and comfortable driver for a hair over 30,000 miles now. Just not a thrill ride for me.

So, could be a story similar, with the original buyer simply not happy with the car, or could be repoed, or something fishy...damage not being revealed.

Anybody considering one of these cars, I'd advise proceeding with extreme caution..
Could be any of those like you say. Could some also be dealer test cars etc? I think the most likely explanation is either people aren't enjoying them and got the opportunity to buy something else or can't keep up the payments (I have seen one confirmed case of this). I'd be surprised if they were damaged and been fixed up so quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT02734 View Post
I have a collection of Mustangs and Capris
Any 1st/2nd gen? (1971-1977)

Quote:
My 2019, while it puts a huge smile on my face every time I drive it, the transmission has issues 100%. I know it. Dealer knows it. Ford denies it. Itís well documented on service history but I know I put too few miles on it having so many other cars to spread my driving time around that the real issues will surface when itís well out of warranty. With Fordís terrible track record with my last 6 F150s and various warranty issues, I just know Iím on my own to correct their manufacturing flaws. This transmission included. That cost will far exceed the money I have spent fixing F150s on my own that Ford wouldnít step up on.

I bleed Ford blue. But my blood is running thin...
That sucks, I'm so sorry to hear that. I haven't gotten mine yet and will probably buy used but I'd be crushed to buy my dream car and be having issues with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Many old phrases hang around because they are true. So....

If something seems too good to be true, it's because it is.
16 for sale within 500 miles of me, which what, 9000 built new in the last yr? I think they are all probably legitimate cars but then that's me giving them the benefit of doubt.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 11:59 AM

Super BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT02734 View Post
Iím going to be brutally honest here. Iíve thought of selling my 2019 a couple times. For a loss even. The transmission issues scare the crap out of me. Itís just not right. Itís a garbage transmission with spotty at best shifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you elaborate on the transmission issues ? Is this a common problem and does it only affect Bullitts or GT's as well ?
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Mega BullittHead

I'm not sure of all the issues, but I believe the main issue on the 2018 onwards MT-82 transmission was failure of aluminum selector forks. I BELIEVE this was a batch issue and not a design issue but others can correct me. Other issues I don't know much about but have heard voicing's is of it being difficult to select gears when cold.
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 04:34 PM

Super BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 1234
So I guess this is not something you would notice when you first pick up the car ? It gets worse over time ? I am thinking of a 2020 GT. Maybe I should go Auto
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 10:45 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
Cool

The problem seems to be exacerbated with heavy use. The cast aluminum shift forks deform, eventually causing loss of gear selection. Apparently this has been corrected, but I'd like to see billet aluminum shift forks or a steel variant. (Billet forks already available aftermarket) There were some synchro. issues as well, no doubt in part, as a result of wonky shift forks.
The other thing is the ratio selection in the 18> is not close ratio enough for my liking. A buddy has a 16, and I like his gearbox better than the current one. The 18> has 2 overdrives, the fuel mileage is very good, but the progression through the gears seems wide to me.
My new Dodge truck has an 8 spd automatic and you can hardly feel the changes, very close together. I have nearly 500 KM on the truck and have just used a 1/4 of a tank of fuel so far. For me, in the Mustang GT, the Ford 10 Spd automatic is superior in all ways except the for the tactile pleasure of shifting gears.
pwd72s, FarmerDon and Tonykart22 like this.

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 12:21 PM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Shadow Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit4404 View Post
The problem seems to be exacerbated with heavy use. The cast aluminum shift forks deform, eventually causing loss of gear selection. Apparently this has been corrected, but I'd like to see billet aluminum shift forks or a steel variant. (Billet forks already available aftermarket) There were some synchro. issues as well, no doubt in part, as a result of wonky shift forks.
The other thing is the ratio selection in the 18> is not close ratio enough for my liking. A buddy has a 16, and I like his gearbox better than the current one. The 18> has 2 overdrives, the fuel mileage is very good, but the progression through the gears seems wide to me.
My new Dodge truck has an 8 spd automatic and you can hardly feel the changes, very close together. I have nearly 500 KM on the truck and have just used a 1/4 of a tank of fuel so far. For me, in the Mustang GT, the Ford 10 Spd automatic is superior in all ways except the for the tactile pleasure of shifting gears.
The gear ratios in a '19 Bullitt could really be improved. The engine is "peaky" but the gear ratios IMO are better suited to an engine with more low end grunt. 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear are too tall and could be tighter spaced ratio-wise. Same for 5th too really. OK to leave 6th where it is for highway driving. That and the car is too heavy but don't get me started on that.

Personally if Ford made the next Mustang under 3400 pounds, same engines, revised gear ratios and made a few chassis improvements to give it a lighter driving feel and slightly improved handling, the car crowd would go crazy over that and there would be some very clear differentiation between the Mustang and it's domestic competition. Oh and ditch the vacuum gauge and replace it with an engine oil temp gauge.
pwd72s and bullit4404 like this.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 01:28 PM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 1500
I purchased the DHG one with 1,100 miles on it from Victor Ford yesterday. Love the car!

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

2019 DHG Bullitt K1500
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 01:29 PM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 1500
I purchased the DHG K1500 with 1,100 miles on it from Victor Ford yesterday. Love the car!
Bullitt4003 likes this.

2019 DHG Bullitt K1500

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode