You Broke the Server!
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01118
First, the bad
* you don't own one
* highest performing Bullitt of the 3 generations in terms of acceleration, braking, cornering
* phenomenal (in my opinion) stock exhaust sound
* MagneRide (if you get it)
* driving modes to change throttle response, steering feel, exhaust sound, and suspension if MagneRide equipped
* great looking "remastered" Highland Green color (shadow black looks nice too)
* fuel economy (especially for a 480hp V8 )
Looks are in the eye of the beholder. The transmission concerns are overblown, in my opinion. Yes, there was an issue with shift forks for the 2018 model year. It's been corrected for 2019.
Some people don't like the action and feel of the clutch pedal but I didn't find it that problematic. You can change the spring and spring perch with Steeda aftermarket if you really hate it.
Some of 5.0L engines are a bit noisy (rattling sound at 2000-2500 RPM at part throttle) from the direct injection fuel set-up, but I've been in Bullits produced later in the 2019 run that didn't have this.
My recommendation is to go drive one and see how you like it. It will feel different than your '08 because of the increased power and the independent rear suspension.
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - black, #1118, VIN 1FAFP42X21F213026
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #6323, VIN 1ZVHT82H995129122
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt - dark highland green, K1254, VIN 1FA6P8K06K5500726
Last edited by Tony Alonso; 02-20-2020 at 11:34 PM.