• 1 Post By Tony Alonso
  • 1 Post By JackDW - 852

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

K3474

Loving this car..how could you not?

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-ford-mustang-bullitt-109-1536965631.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	73137  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

This is possibly the worst forum platform I have ever been in...so bad.

Last edited by Brandon Deere; 03-04-2020 at 12:43 AM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 02:34 AM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
Welcome aboard..but maybe you've said goodbye? This used to be a pretty active & fun forum. You are fortunate to have missed the personality feuds that hurt it.

Why not stick around & try to make it better by contributing?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 08:01 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01251
Welcome to IMBOC from Kentucky
Brandon Deere likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DHG # 01251-130,000+ miles -ACCEL COP's-LED 3rd Brake Light-Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback Exhaust-Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks-KYB Axle Damper Shocks-Bullitt Center Caps from On in 60-JLT RAI DHG -Chin Spoiler -Mach 1 Grille Delete-FarmerDons Custom Mesh Grille Insert

USAF 70-74
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2020, 07:22 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Deere View Post
Well that's not nice.
pwd72s likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2020, 11:17 AM

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01152
Garage
Quote:
Under new ownership for half a decade or so. It's been better under the previous ownership, it's been worse under the current ownership. Like posted above, personalities and feuds usually killed a lot of these website platforms. As it turns out, this one isn't much different.
Brandon Deere likes this.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2020, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Welcome aboard..but maybe you've said goodbye? This used to be a pretty active & fun forum. You are fortunate to have missed the personality feuds that hurt it.

Why not stick around & try to make it better by contributing?
I just mean how to navigate, sign in, comment...anything I have tried to do has been a struggle. Even signing in to post this response has taken me almost 10 minutes.

I'm not going anywhere, just trying to learn how this forum works, it seems it wants to remain in 1992.
DavidMidgley likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2020, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Not referring to the people...it's like a house you can't find the door into, or out of, or how to get into the kitchen...
DavidMidgley and pwd72s like this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2020, 06:40 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
Okay, gotcha on that...do write your password down somewhere..problems pop up. And this site loves to load you with cookies. When I start getting gateway error windows, I log out, do a clean-up, then log back in. I agree completely on it being problematic to navigate.

David's right..it was much smoother running under the old ownership. Do enjoy the ride in your '19...
DavidMidgley likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 12:06 AM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Color: Shadow Black
Quote:
Not referring to the people...it's like a house you can't find the door into, or out of, or how to get into the kitchen...
I visit and post in a few forums not all automotive. Football, political (that's fun!) and racing related. All are built on different forum platforms and all work a little differently. Familiarity becomes your friend. Regular posts, regular reading and some site exploration all help. IMO they all have their quirks but get better with use.

Happy to have found this last year. Have learned several things about my car and enjoy hearing what the Mustang vets around here have to say.
DavidMidgley likes this.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 12:40 PM

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01152
Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
I just mean how to navigate, sign in, comment...anything I have tried to do has been a struggle. Even signing in to post this response has taken me almost 10 minutes.

I'm not going anywhere, just trying to learn how this forum works, it seems it wants to remain in 1992.
It used to be problematic with the Windows browser. I don't know if it still is, any more I use Google vs. Internet Explorer, and I have the browser remember my login and password. Doing those two things seems to have taken 90% of the drama out of accessing the site.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 01:49 PM

You Broke the Server!

Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01118
Garage
Hello! This forum configuration has been around for awhile, however, there are a lot of enthusiastic Bullitt owners here. In answer to your question, the 2019-20 Bullitt is an awesome addition to the lineage. Glad that Ford has invested in making and selling this car.
FarmerDon likes this.

Tony Alonso
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - black, #1118, VIN 1FAFP42X21F213026
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #6323, VIN 1ZVHT82H995129122
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt - dark highland green, K1254, VIN 1FA6P8K06K5500726
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 10:09 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
Thumbs up

Welcome Brandon.

I agree with you that this site can be a challenge when you first set it up. Just getting an acceptable password may be your hardest challenge. Several years back, when they implemented the current password requirements, we lost several active members just because of the hassle and they gave up. Heck, this is not a financial site so what's the big deal with the password?

I think the biggest impact is the use of Facebook and other discussion platforms. A lot of previously active members now only use the Facebook platform. Me, myself, I don't Facebook (twitter or any other platforms either).

Also, be sure to check out Hoondog Performance Group. This was formed by a group of Bullittheads that wanted to create a forum with a larger reach (expand beyond just Bullitts). This is the group that arranges most of the annual events that you will read about on this site. Be sure to keep and eye on the "National Events" section for what is happening across the country. Plan on trying to attend an Annual Bullitt Nationals, which is put on by Hoondog. They do a fantastic job. Among my Favorites was the RT66 Trip across the country. Weekend cruising "Tail of the Dragon". Track event at Roebling and any Mohawk track events. (You will eventually know the meaning of the Mohawk when it comes to Bullitts. )

Hope to meet up with you in some future event.
Bullitt 736 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode