LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

You Broke the Server!

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01118
Garage
No OEM Spare Tire for Clearing Brembo Brakes

I believe there is an opportunity for those of us who would like a spare tire kit in the trunk rather than the fix-a-flat/inflator arrangement. Over on the Mustang6g forum, there is a thread for '15+ owners that wanted to have a tire. See this thread here for the discussion.

It seems that someone has been inventive and put something together for a wheel and tire. It appears you could then order Ford's compact jack and components to secure them I would seriously consider this for peace of mind. What do others think? Is this something where a group order might be beneficial?

And if you think this is too early, well, I've got a lot of time to think about this since these cars won't be here for awhile

Tony Alonso
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - black, #1118, VIN 1FAFP42X21F213026
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #6323, VIN 1ZVHT82H995129122
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt - dark highland green, K1254, VIN 1FA6P8K06K5500726
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

You Broke the Server!

Garage
Also, since the '19 will have a Torsen differential in the rear, it is important for the diameter of the wheel and tire to match up with the overall OEM spec. It's nice to have your ABS work as well!
VIC-TIM, JUST 1BULLITT and Shipey like this.

Tony Alonso
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 07:55 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1750
Thumbs up

All Good Points Tony! No argument from me! (Not sure I'm buying a 19 yet, BUT IF I do; i'd definitely be 'IN' on this!)

You're NEVER 'Low On Ammo' When You Drive A BULLITT!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 10:58 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
makes alot of sense. I would think they would offer a volume discount to a club. i won't be getting one of the 19's but certainly think all on here who are, should seriously consider this. well worth the investment IMO.
bullit4404 likes this.

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 11:38 PM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 01152
Garage
How many flats have you guys had? I suffered the disgrace of a flat on my 94 F-150 in 1995. Nothing since in what I estimate to be about 1.5 million miles and over 20 years of driving. I also am of the age that changing a flat is getting outside of my wheelhouse. Maybe not really, I exaggerate. But should I buy, and drive 15 or later Mustang whether or not it's a Bullitt. I should think a roll off truck would be on order should the fix a flat be insufficient.
TrueBlue02058 and bullit4404 like this.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 07:50 AM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0095
I'd consider this. I've only gotten 1 flat in the past 11 years of driving and it was a tire that somehow went flat in the driveway. New Fords do come with 2 years of free roadside assistance but I'd be interested in this just for peace of mind if I was far away from home and needed to limp the car closer before calling a tow. If there's a volume or club discount that would be nice too, otherwise I'd hold off on ordering this until the summer. Thanks for sharing this Tony, didn't know a solution like this existed.
bullit4404 likes this.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

You Broke the Server!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMidgley View Post
How many flats have you guys had? I suffered the disgrace of a flat on my 94 F-150 in 1995. Nothing since in what I estimate to be about 1.5 million miles and over 20 years of driving. I also am of the age that changing a flat is getting outside of my wheelhouse. Maybe not really, I exaggerate. But should I buy, and drive 15 or later Mustang whether or not it's a Bullitt. I should think a roll off truck would be on order should the fix a flat be insufficient.
Had one in my '15 GT not long ago in my own driveway! It's the doggone road debris that makes it more likely around town to pick up nails or screws. In fact, I've had 1 for the last 3 Mustangs I've driven, all for the same reason.

Roadside assistance aside, I do think people find it desirable to have a backup, especially if you are less than enthralled with goop.
bullit4404 likes this.

Tony Alonso
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 10:08 AM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6498
While we are into flat tires............what was the ultimate solution for the 2008/2009 models?

BTW............not looking for...........don't drive it or join an auto club or trade it on a F-150 or .............

Thanks.........

ARMY TC

IT MUST BE THE GREEN!!!!
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

You Broke the Server!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMY TC View Post
While we are into flat tires............what was the ultimate solution for the 2008/2009 models?

BTW............not looking for...........don't drive it or join an auto club or trade it on a F-150 or .............

Thanks.........

ARMY TC
People were buying the Ford part CR3Z-1K007A "Mustang Mini Spare Kit" or even going with a fullsize set-up. See here.

Tony Alonso
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 10:42 AM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1PP09
I'd definitely be interested in this when the time comes.
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 11:22 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
For those without a spare, the Roadside service will not be of much assistance. I called Ford Roadside Service several years ago. What I was told, if you do not have a spare, they will tow your vehicle to a repair shop. What will happen to the passengers (wife, kids, etc)? The driver will drop them off in a safe location as defined by the driver. What happens at night, weekend, holidays were no service close by, is open. Vehicle will be dropped off at the service center to be repaired when they are next open.

All this due to lack of a simple "mini" spare. That is why I will never drive off the lot until the spare is in place.
VIC-TIM likes this.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 12:31 PM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 01152
Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso View Post
Had one in my '15 GT not long ago in my own driveway! It's the doggone road debris that makes it more likely around town to pick up nails or screws. In fact, I've had 1 for the last 3 Mustangs I've driven, all for the same reason.

Roadside assistance aside, I do think people find it desirable to have a backup, especially if you are less than enthralled with goop.
I under quoted our experience. I had an inherited minivan.......from hell. It is a Honda Oddity. If something could go wrong, it would. I don't know about all the rest of the world's experience with Hondas. But ours was bad. I'll walk if they are the only car maker in the future. Included in the negative is two flats. Honda in their wisdom placed the spare in the center of the floor behind the front seats. I suppose that's the best place their minds could come up with, and the tire is clean, which is more than I can say about the spare placement on pickups. The spare is tiny, and slightly less difficult than impossible to get to when needed. A goop solution would have been better. I needed to reinflate the tire to use it. You need a mini pump to do that.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....

Last edited by Tony Alonso; 02-06-2018 at 10:00 PM.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 02:46 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6498
Tony,

Thanks for the link on the info on spares for 08/09 models!

I'm still pondering a new BULLITT or a nice 08/09. I want to be prepared for either possibility.

Right now, with 3-5 inches of snow/freezing rain, etc. coming in Western PA, a car is still a few months away.

ARMY TC

IT MUST BE THE GREEN!!!!
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 3383
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMY TC View Post

Thanks.........

ARMY TC
Full size spare on Bullitt wheel in my trunk. It fits in the spare tire well. Also my 2 ton jack in a case. Full size spare makes the trunk floor sit up a bit but not enough to bother me.

post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 04:43 PM

Bullitt Color: True Black
Bullitt Serialized Number: 04742
I am curious if the S197 tricks would work for the S550? Any of the 6G members know?

a.k.a. Hoosier Daddy a.k.a. Eco-Bullitt, Save Water

I'm sorry you find my normal behavior inappropriate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode