Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Replacing the Single Horn

8K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Voo Doo 
#1 ·
All Mustangs built on or after 5/14/18 are built with a single horn. This means all 2019 Bullitts. I made an appointment with my local dealer to have a new pair of 2018 horns installed. It looks like the bumper cover has to come off to get the job done, thus a trip to the dealer.

#3 ·
Thought I'd go the 2018 route since the car is essentially a 2018. My guess is that the 2018 parts will be a direct fit, but don't really know because I don't have a shop manual.

In this case I'm relying on the shop tech's expertise.

#5 ·
Let us know, Shipey! I also like the dual horn set-up. I wonder if that was done because of a supplier issue, a regulation somewhere, to cut costs, or some other random reason.

#13 ·
That one time you want to lay on it though... :)

I haven't done it yet, but it's in the plans.

#14 ·
Ordered the 2018 part from Ford and a DIY install took about an hour give or take. Much better sound.

The install is relatively simple. Involves removing the air filter box - 5 bolts and loosen a clamp. The horn is accessible from above on the driver's side behind the headlights and secured with one bolt. Simple plug and play.

While I was doing that I also replaced the air filter with a Green Filter unit.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.