Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

H Pipe added

14K views 43 replies 21 participants last post by  druggs1976 
#1 ·
First post here, reading lots of good info. Thought I would share that I replaced the resonator for an H pipe. I'm coming from a 2013 BOSS 302 and wanted to try and get more of the engine popping and spiting that the BOSS had. It worked, made it snappier.

And I see now I cannot post a video yet. :frown2:

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

#3 ·
Do you have the video hosted somewhere? You can link to it. Alternatively, if you want, feel free to contact me and I can put it up on my YouTube account and provide a link. Thanks!

#5 ·
Thanks, PhillyBULLITT, for posting the video!

#10 ·
The placement of the resonator and lack of an H pipe on the current gen Bullitt is nearly inexcusable. It would be one of the first and only mods I would do the exhaust if I owned one, but CERTAINLY NOT AN X Pipe!!!

Granted, they're not Bullitts but here's what an H pipe sounds like on a '15-19 gen Stang.

#14 ·
I’m guessing this never really happened??? They say..No news is...no news!!

In any case, I bought the Steeda H-Pipe and will install in March! Will have before and after videos!
Meanwhile if anyone actually did the H-Pipe on a 2019 BULLITT...we all would love to hear it!! Thanx Ric

#26 ·
I’m guessing this never really happened??? They say..No news is...no news!!

In any case, I bought the Steeda H-Pipe and will install in March! Will have before and after videos!
Meanwhile if anyone actually did the H-Pipe on a 2019 BULLITT...we all would love to hear it!! Thanx Ric
Hey voodoo I know this is old but do you have those before and after vids and could you post them? I’m contemplating whether I should get the h pipe but I love the stock sound so much and scared it will lose that unique bullitt tone.

#20 ·
Steeda H-Pipe Resonator Delete installed

I treated myself to a Steeda H-Pipe for Christmas and just had it installed yesterday. There was a special discount around Christmas so I got it for $165 and a local shop charged $150 to install. Seems like that should've been less since it only took about 45 minutes but it is what it is. I don't have a lift and I'm getting to that point where it was worth a hundred bucks or so rather than crawling under my car for a couple hours which I'm sure it would have taken if I did it myself.

First let me say that although I've heard people talk/post that the H-Pipe is not really much louder, just deeper, I can say that it is definitely louder! This H-Pipe really wakes up the Active exhaust.

One issue I had with the stock Bullitt active exhaust was I couldn't really tell much difference in the cabin between Normal, Sport and Track modes. Now with this Steeda mid pipe you can really hear it in the cabin. Normal is noticeably louder inside and I almost wish it was a tad bit quieter but I always have Quiet mode to fall back on if it starts to annoy me.

Having said that, I couldn't be happier with this mod. It sounds deeper as advertised and I think it sounds GREAT! I am addicted to how it sounds in Sport mode for sure, very aggressive and I love the burbles on overrun.

Unfortunately I didn't take very good videos, just short clips on my phone which I'll post but they don't do the difference justice at all.

#28 ·
Steeda H-Pipe Resonator Delete installed

I treated myself to a Steeda H-Pipe for Christmas and just had it installed yesterday. There was a special discount around Christmas so I got it for $165 and a local shop charged $150 to install. Seems like that should've been less since it only took about 45 minutes but it is what it is. I don't have a lift and I'm getting to that point where it was worth a hundred bucks or so rather than crawling under my car for a couple hours which I'm sure it would have taken if I did it myself.

First let me say that although I've heard people talk/post that the H-Pipe is not really much louder, just deeper, I can say that it is definitely louder! This H-Pipe really wakes up the Active exhaust.

One issue I had with the stock Bullitt active exhaust was I couldn't really tell much difference in the cabin between Normal, Sport and Track modes. Now with this Steeda mid pipe you can really hear it in the cabin. Normal is noticeably louder inside and I almost wish it was a tad bit quieter but I always have Quiet mode to fall back on if it starts to annoy me.

Having said that, I couldn't be happier with this mod. It sounds deeper as advertised and I think it sounds GREAT! I am addicted to how it sounds in Sport mode for sure, very aggressive and I love the burbles on overrun.

Unfortunately I didn't take very good videos, just short clips on my phone which I'll post but they don't do the difference justice at all.
Could u post some sound clips?

#24 ·
The "original" 1968 Mustang '559 movie hero car had a H pipe. The 2001 Bullitt had a H pipe. The 2008/9 Bullitt had a H pipe, which Ford spent a lot of $ to tune to the sound of the '68 movie hero car. The rest of S197 had X pipes with a raspy sound. The 2019 Bullitt has a huge resonator, the same as the other 550's, which IMO muffles the TRUE CLARITY of a H pipe and gives it the raspyness of a X pipe. I have installed the Steeda H pipe on 19 BULLIT2 and love the clear H pipe music!

#32 ·
I went with the Roush H pipe from CJ Pony Parts. Install took about 20 minutes. My co-worker has a lift and is a "weekend mechanic". The sound is night and day and absolutely sick. Don't do it if you don't want your Bullitt to be louder than it is now, with "Track Exhaust". "Normal mode" (exhaust) is louder than "Track mode" (exhaust) (IMO). Check out the pics.