Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Cheapest Mod..EVER!

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bullit4404 
#1 ·
So picked this set up for $3 Cdn!!! Green valve collars and caps!! Perfect!!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes, the green caps tell techs that nitrogen was used to inflate the tires. Racers use pure nitrogen for more effective predicting of tire pressure..and it supposedly doesn't migrate through tire rubber as rapidly as regular air.

But the main reason it's used in passenger tires today? Shops have learned they can charge extra for it because people have learned that their turn signal blinkers don't need fluid refilled. A harmless money grab, but there it is..

I just check my tire pressures every time I wash the car. It works.

if you want to read more:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a3894/nitrogen-in-tires/

#5 ·
Air is fine in tires, but Nitrogen's big advantage is that it's dryer. When I worked for Goodyear, we had a Nitrogen generator and it also dried the gases really well. We also had dryers on the air lines, so the air was dry as well. Nitrogen is a bit lighter, so maybe your car will be up to 1 oz lighter with Nitrogen in all five tires. Should improve your 1/4 mile times by .0001 seconds, give or take. Pain to fill tires with Nitrogen, cause you have to seat the bead on the rim, pressurize the tire, then let all the gas out to displace any air that was in the tire, then refill tire with Nitrogen. We used to charge $49.95 for Nitrogen with new tires. That was ten years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.