Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

E85 Flex Fuel Tune

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  bullit4404 
#1 ·
Had Christian at Power By The Hour install Lund's E85 Flex Fuel Tune

WOW... Completely different power band
Below 3500 RPM pretty much the same as stock
Full throttle above 3500 be carful you don't hit the REV limiter

The dedicated E85 Tune has even more midrange power because it adds timing in sooner, both have about the same peak power. To use the dedicated E85 Tune you have to have at least 70%+ alcohol content. I have not used the dedicated tune yet.

With the flex tune you can fill up with any gas you want as long as you have less than a half tank of gas, then let it fast idle for 10 minutes to burn the old fuel in the line, rail & injectors and then to learn the new fuel/alcohol mix, the tune will give you max power for the fuel blend in the tank
I use my car for work, during the week I run 89 Gas, weekends E85

Start saving to buy rear tires...

Power By The Hour 561-737-2331

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Glad it's working well for you. Goes without saying your warranty is ???? if you use any fuel with over 15% ethanol.
Big issue is running too lean, as E-85 needs to run at about 7:1 AF ratio. E-85 also requires the removal of all paper fuel filters, since they will disintegrate, stainless steel only. E-85 also is hard on fuel pumps and requires higher volumes and pressures.
You also need special o rings for fuel line joints. Finally, E-85 has very little lubricant quality and can cause early wear to fuel system components, and cylinder wash in the engine.
E-85 also produces about twice as much formaldehyde and ground level ozone as E-10 gasoline while reducing CO-2, CO, and oxides of Nitrogen.

#3 ·
Running 83% alcohol I had @ 8.5-9.5 A/F
Most gas already has 10% alcohol, so the lines, injectors & O-Rings in modern cars are already alcohol compatible
The fuel pump will work a little harder but I will be running @ 50% blend so it wont be much of a difference. The 18 & 19's have 16 injectors so its more than capable even at full E85
E85 has a minimum 15% gasoline that contains lubricants & other needed additives, plus I will usually run a 50/50 mix of gas & E85
Cylinder wash is not a issue with fuel injection. Now if I had a Dominator with a manual secondary's & big squirters on a large plenum manifold ….

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.