Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

BLLT2 K4254 MODS - Addiction Redux

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  RonReam 
#1 · (Edited)
'559 was modded into Bullitt to fulfill it's then acting role , creating the mystique of subdued, discrete, cool performance machine. It's later disappearance just further enhanced this.

With '08 BLLTT, the first owner and I modded with the same goals, to fulfill the role that BLLTT played in our lives. For me, the roles progressed (at first unintentionally) from fun weekend ride to smooth road tripper then to show car (1 gold MCA NATS )(thank you chuckh) to fully modified road course track crack driver, getting another MCA NATS gold and having run over 50 track days. There are more MODS pending for BLLTT to enhance it's continued role as a track crack driver, ie- downforce and increased HP while staying NA. BLLTT tows a small enclosed trailer with the track slicks. 97k miles and running strong.

What Susan and I have learned from from numerous road trips (RT 66, many Hoondog Nats, car shows and family gatherings from FL to MN) is that driving the BLLTT than an SUV enhances the trip. Minimize packing and possessions brought, more interaction with others encountered as everyone has their Mustang story. Speed when needed and still comfortable.. The BLLTT makes the adventure.

That is how BLLT2 arrived into our stable as it will be our road trip ride and progress into an MCA show car, DRIVEN! Lincoln Continental comfort with Mustang performance. 08 BLLTT will remain as the trackster, giving a incredible visceral experience of driver control, feel and sound with minimal computer assist. (And to be honest, the idea of driving a 52k ride on track scares me, even with track insurance.)

So, within 5 days of arriving home, first MOD for BLLT2. JLT oil separator, The NA Coyote breathes from the driver side and expelles from the passenger side. Should have been factory installed. Ford Performance sells one, but it is over engineered, requiring detachment from both ends to remove and drain the oil residue out. And it has a replacable fiber filter. The JLT reservoir just unscrews from the filter head and the filter is permanent steel fine mesh. Easy to maintain. Have used a JLT on 08 BLLTT for years and it is amazing how much oil vapor it prevents from contaminating the intake manifold and heads! When one buys a car, it is the motor, take care of it!

Tomorrow, Ford Performance hood struts install... Heck, my 03 Sport Trak has OEM hood struts.

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice! So if there is a track day at nationals will yall be driving the 08 up? Or bringing the new one and not tracking?

Yes I would be nervous about tracking a car worth more than my yearly income lol! Primary reason I haven't upgraded to a boss 302. Well, that and consumables would be a bit more and I would have to reduce seat time...

#6 ·
Nice! So if there is a track day at nationals will yall be driving the 08 up? Or bringing the new one and not tracking?
NATS track day and just spectating?:crying: Heretic thinking. I am a track crack addict and 08 BLLTT would Nats road trip, towing the track trailer. >:)

2nd mod done, Sto n Sho quick release front license tag bracket. Have to represent.

#9 · (Edited)
Today was more MODS.
First was MOD 3, the Steeda clutch assist spring and perch. Please go to 2019/20 Discussion, MOMS thread of, " Need Help With My 2019 BULLITT Clutch". Full rant and photo's at the end of the thread.
IShould have been mod 2, or even done at dealership, but then I would have never how soft and non-tactile the 19 clutch pedal engagement was. Now it is a touch harder to depress and resistive to release, but with visceral feel of engagement. 185 lb/in spring assist OEM vs 35 lb/in Steeda. Still have a left leg, can work 3 pedals.
Next was Steeda interior hood release handle. Just subtle bling and ordered with 15 % off. Nothing is plug and play.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.