Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

DHG quarter window louvers

6K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  NS80 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have been searching high and low for pre painted DHG quarter window louvers for my 2019. They made them for 2008/09 but as of now have not found them for 2019. American Muscle has a nice set for $299 for every color except the Bullitt DHG. Has anyone found these pre painted anywhere ? Thanks in advance to my bullitt brothers and sisters.

#4 ·
Thanks for your response. Your's look great but not the design I was looking for. I like the Hurst kits but no DHG. I did check RPI design as suggested from other response and they do not have DHG either. Looks like I will have to work with a body shop to paint a pair for me. Thanks again for your response.

#5 ·
Contact them!! 1-877-887-1105 In their video they say...painted “All Factory Colors” ! See what they will do?? False advertising if they don’t!!

However, if it were me, I’d order the unpainted set and get a good local shop to match the paint exactly as on your car... either way... your choice! I do like the Hurst Louvers tho!! Give it a more McQueen look!!

#6 ·
I couldn't agree more about false advertising. The quote is "we have these in all 2019 & 2020 colors. I sent American Muscle several notes about making DHG available and they said they had no plans to do that. Anyway I purchased the unpainted louvers and brought them to a body shop to paint. $225 they came out ok not amazing. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

#7 ·
I found a paintable matte black set on Amazon that fit perfectly onto the glass, not connecting to the body paint or chrome trim. I wanted the original 1968 louvered look & not the solid panel look. I then had a paint shop mix the Ford DHG Color for spray-can use. It was expensive for the Bonding agent, DHG spray paint & Gloss coat spray. Turned out great! I wanted something that was a good fit & looked correct since the original BULLITT had rear louvers. Then again, I also wanted to be able to remove them if need be for the original 2019 look. It took a lot of work, but I'm happy how this option turned out. It would be easier if somebody offered up a color correct "Ready to Apply" set. If you find a great set, let me know!

#10 ·
Bullitt 1/4 window scoops.

Also looking for the exact same thing and disappointed to see American Muscle don't do the scoops in DHG. However, here in Australia there is company called Autoware: www.autoware.com.au and they have pre painted scoops including in DHG. They look quite good with 3 slots and cost $513.90 (Aus $) painted and delivered in Australia. No idea if they deliver to the US, but imagine the cost, with your favourable exchange rate, shouldn't exceed $500 (US) including delivery.

Wondered too, why Ford didn't produce the Bullitt with the scoops as standard, given the movie Bullitt had them, although I counted at least 11 or 12 twelve slots and looked a bit untidy to my ageing eyes!

I intend to order the Autoware scoops.

#12 ·
Personally, I am not a fan of louvers, but they are very nicely painted and appear to be a quality product. Great catch!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.