Dashboard did not light up - IMBOC
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Dashboard did not light up

Simply yesterday started car up, no dashboard display. Restarted 2 times no luck. Drove to dealer to drop off approximately 20 minutes later service advisor started car, poof git a dashboard display. Hoping it doesn't happen again. Will request diagnosis when I do oil change at dealer but if this is one of those it never presents itself at dealer then probably hard to resolve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 12:42 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
Interesting. Do you have the optional Electronic package or the standard equipment?
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 03:35 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
Electrican gremlins can be very difficult to track down. The more electronics our cars have, the more likelihood of future problems. I sure wish you luck with this...terrible to have things happen with a new car.
VIC-TIM likes this.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 06:56 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
There was a recall on automatic transmission cars for partial display failure. Call them every time it happens and bring it in even if you don't have an appointment. The new dash boards are a complicated interface.
pwd72s likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 08:26 AM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6005
Garage
Not the same, but similar story w/my old 2006 Chevy Colorado. Driving home one day the gauges all quit working (out-of-the-blue). Got home, cycled ignition on/off a few times & still nothing. Make appt w/svs & go to start truck...voila = everything works fine. Never knew/discovered the issue and, on a good note, never happened again.
pwd72s likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- 1970 302 Boss ( deceased
), - 1969 Mach-1 (Sold
), -1982 Ghia ( Sold
) +2009 DHG Bullitt #6005 (
) USAF, Retired (MSgt)
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

I have the electronics package. Happened again today, waited 5 minutes good all day. I was about 100 miles from dealership or else I would roll in.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
I woulda rolled in anyway and said here...fix it.
bullit4404 likes this.

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 02:42 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 1PP06
Garage
Gonna be alot of these '19's on used lots when warrantys' are up.
Marguerite likes this.

08 HG 2498
08 HG 2751 VNP
08 HG 5486 STB
08 HG 1PP06

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 09:11 AM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 5245
Garage
Take to Dealership - Fix it! - No Fix - I get lawyer and sue!!!
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:21 PM

Bullitt Year: Other
Bullitt Color: PY
I have a 2019 BULLITT with electronic pkg.. Have only 520 miles. Today I took it out for a run and all was good with dash lights. Two hours later, NO DASH LIGHTS!!
Called FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE. They told me how to do a key recycle. Tried it three times. No Luck!!!!
Will call Ford Service dept. tomorrow morning and then will probably have to bring in the BULLITT.

Last edited by moms; 04-14-2019 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Add electronic pkg. to description
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:40 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
Probably a loose connector. Likely these electronic dashes use low voltage message circuits for all this stuff. Can be temper mental, instigate your temper and make you "mental."
Years ago when I worked for Nissan in the early 80's, they had electronic dashes and the car would speak; "the door is ajar," "fuel is low," Parking brake is on," and "Lights are on." Sometimes when the electronics would malfunction the car would start speaking French which was a selectable language in Canada. The dash would flash or go off and the car would start speaking in a lovely female French voice. Ohh La La.

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:55 PM

I hope it is something like a loose connector. It's nice to have these electronic gadgets but..... The funny think is that on my other car, a 2017 Lincoln, the front windows are now "temper mental". It's hit or miss to get the electric windows closed. That one I'll take care of with the next oil change. The Bullitt will go in ASAP. I appreciate you input and humor! Thank you!
bullit4404 likes this.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:26 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
More reason to keep the Ford Extended Warranty in effect as long as possible. Things like this can cost a small fortune to fix. Not because of the $2 part to fix it but the 100 hours of labor to chase it down.
bullit4404 likes this.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:16 AM

Well I called my local FORD dealership yesterday. Bottom line, tomorrow it goes in to be checked to hopefully correct the "no dash lights on dash" problem. I hope they don't have to keep the car. I put in $30 of gas because I can not see the fuel gauge reading. By the way, I have been noticing that the gauge seems to be "off" and not giving an accurate reading as the gauge nears "empty". I believe this was pointed out previously by an avid BULLITT fan. I'm not going to even mention it to them because I can deal with this and would rather not mess with this.
I have asked them to replace the original horn with a dual horn. The original horn sounds like a clown horn to me. Anyway, I love those exhaust pipes/sound and wonder what was FORD thinking by having a BULLITT come off the line with a single horn. "What a way to save a buck" (a line from the movie CHRISTMAS VACATION).
Once this is resolved, I'll update you BULLITTT Friends! Thanks for your ears.
JackDW - 852 and bullit4404 like this.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:21 PM

Hi,

"And then there was light!"
Today, I started my BULLITT up and the Dash Lights went on! I Drove her around and made a few stops. Still working. In a way I am happy and then in a way I'm not. If this is intermittent, then OH BOY!. I have not heard anything from the dealer yet. I did call Ford yesterday and have a case # for the dash lights not going on and my need to go from a single horn to dual.
The tech at the dealership said that this would be a problem because the set up is different. He mentioned this off the top of his head.
I didn't want to get into this at that time because the manager was upset that I didn't buy the car from them. Later the manager said, "let's first work on the dash lights, then we will address the horn". I decided to contact Ford when I got home. The representative said that they would contact the dealer "to escalate" both of my concerns. The representative said this way they will act on it sooner. I'll contact Ford on Monday and then contact the dealership. Reading the previous treads on the horn certainly is a great help. I did find that some dealers sell the dual horn for just under $20 and also list what cars the part is compatible with. The 2019 BULLITTI is noted as one of them.
I will get back to the group as soon as I have an update.

Thanks for you support and Happy Holidays to one and all!
Doheny and bullit4404 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode