LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0184
Garage
Wrench Light

Has anyone had their orange "wrench" show up? I get a notice upon start with an orange wrench that says see manual, no wrench icon in the manual. Once I press okay that goes away but the small wrench by the fuel level stays on. No modifications to the car have been done other than a Green Filter and that has been on for about 500 miles.

Anyone know about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-184 View Post
Has anyone had their orange "wrench" show up? I get a notice upon start with an orange wrench that says see manual, no wrench icon in the manual. Once I press okay that goes away but the small wrench by the fuel level stays on. No modifications to the car have been done other than a Green Filter and that has been on for about 500 miles.

Anyone know about this?
Here is a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0270.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	71829  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 04:34 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
The wrench lights are your check engine lights. It may be storing a non critical code, like an intermittent miss, an EVAP leak (loose gas cap), vacumn leak etc. It should be storing a code that you can retrieve with a scan tool. If it doesn't go off, you should check your oil and coolant levels, and if you have oil pressure when the engine is running, have it checked at the dealer.
Doheny likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit4404 View Post
The wrench lights are your check engine lights. It may be storing a non critical code, like an intermittent miss, an EVAP leak (loose gas cap), vacumn leak etc. It should be storing a code that you can retrieve with a scan tool. If it doesn't go off, you should check your oil and coolant levels, and if you have oil pressure when the engine is running, have it checked at the dealer.
Well, there isn't a (gas cap) so it can't be that. My scan tool stops at '17 so I can't reset it. I just hate taking it to the dealer. It's very odd, it just came on this week after the car sat for two weeks.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 07:35 PM
Supporting Member

Those gas capless fillers are notorious for leaking. A little bit of dirt and.... I just fixed one the other day. I put some gas line anti freeze (methyl alcohol) in a spray bottle and opened and closed the flap with a plastic spatula and sprayed the seal.
Anyway, the car is under warranty, so maybe a trip to the dealer won't be so bad.
VIC-TIM and Doheny like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 11:53 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
I have two vehicles in my family with the no gas cap option....not really an option. they do get dirty on the seal or the sealing surface and have to be cleaned otherwise, yup....cel will come on.
Doheny and bullit4404 like this.

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIC-TIM View Post
I have two vehicles in my family with the no gas cap option....not really an option. they do get dirty on the seal or the sealing surface and have to be cleaned otherwise, yup....cel will come on.
Just seems weird for that to be an issue, we had a FLEX with no gas cap for 6 years and 150k and never an issue. I will take to the DLR and post results.
FarmerDon and bullit4404 like this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 11:37 PM
Car Whisperer

try living in the mold and pollen capital of the world...with constant moisture.....you too can have it.
bullit4404 likes this.

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 10:04 AM
Supporting Member

Talking

When you say it like that, it makes you want to jump on a plane right away. "Tampa, come for the mold and pollen, stay for the oppressive humidity."
Chamber of commerce should jump right on that.
VIC-TIM and JackDW - 852 like this.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 02:26 PM
Car Whisperer

lets not forget the lightning too...think we are back to the lightning capital again
JackDW - 852 and bullit4404 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode