post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 07:08 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1866
These are some of the sources I've always used

http://www.hottr6.com/triumph/BULLITT.html

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...68/68/bullitt/

http://www.ponysite.de/bullitt.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 07:31 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 0115
Allow me to cloud the issue / question even further......

YOU ALL GO TELL CHAD THAT HIS "PERFECT DUPLICATE" OF STEVE'S CAR IS FLAWED......

2008 Bullitt - Number 0115
2011 Shelby GT500 - 1 of 30

post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Alloy
Well guys, I grabbed a couple screen shots from Bullitt: Steve McQueen's Commitment to Reality on the second disc of the DVD, and I gotta say, after looking at these pics, there's little doubt in my mind that Chad's car is accurate.

Trigger | Alloy 2007 Mustang V6 Auto Coupe | FRPP CAI/Brenspeed Tune | Pypes Performance X-pipe/GT Take off Axle Back | 17" Matte Black Bullitt Wheels | Customized Astra Hammond 10467 Quarter Window Louvers | Custom Grille | Rear Deck Chrome Trim | Custom Center Caps | Custom 1968 parking/fog lamps | Poor Man's Shorty Antennae

post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 10:43 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00000
that back panel looks black to me. you can see the trunk edge looks green though.

post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Alloy
Exactly, there's a distinct line of demarcation between the green color of the trunk lid, and the black of the panel; much more than you'd expect from a green panel that's been sprayed with dulling spray. I'm saying that panel's just plain black, exactly like Chad's car.

I think the confusion lies in that there's some green inside the chrome surround, making it look like the black area is just shadow. I was assuming that the whole area would be blacked out. I hadn't considered that there may still be some green as in Chad's car.

Trigger | Alloy 2007 Mustang V6 Auto Coupe | FRPP CAI/Brenspeed Tune | Pypes Performance X-pipe/GT Take off Axle Back | 17" Matte Black Bullitt Wheels | Customized Astra Hammond 10467 Quarter Window Louvers | Custom Grille | Rear Deck Chrome Trim | Custom Center Caps | Custom 1968 parking/fog lamps | Poor Man's Shorty Antennae
post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 02:41 AM

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT OATZ
Allow me to cloud the issue / question even further......

YOU ALL GO TELL CHAD THAT HIS "PERFECT DUPLICATE" OF STEVE'S CAR IS FLAWED......

Hey Mike,

Did he happen to mention why he chose not to put the side mirrors on?

Never mind, looked at the other pics and saw the driver's mirror.
Looks green though, Surprised they didn't put a chrome one on to match the original.

Last edited by Loop; 06-19-2009 at 02:49 AM.
post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 02:45 AM

Monster BullittHead

i have the vin #'s for the 2 cars somewhere. ill try to find them to clear up the gt/ non-gt schlemozzle. whats with the buzzard on the gas tank lid?

post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 02:47 AM

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittgreen
i have the vin #'s for the 2 cars somewhere. ill try to find them to clear up the gt/ non-gt schlemozzle. whats with the buzzard on the gas tank lid?

Logo of the car's fabricator

The cap is available. I called to see if I could modify it to replace our fugly
one but there is a bow along the back to match the 68 panel.

post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 02:47 AM

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop
Hey Mike,

Did he happen to mention why he chose not to put the side mirrors on?
probably because you cant find british jensen sportscar mirrors anywhere on the planet anymore.

post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 02:50 AM

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
Logo of the car's fabricator

The cap is available. I called to see if I could modify it to replace our fugly
one but there is a bow along the back to match the 68 panel.
nothing a rotary tool couldnt fix my man

post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 02:52 AM

Monster BullittHead

How would I keep it from chipping the chrome?

Or are you talking about modding the panel?

post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 02:57 AM

Monster BullittHead

Quote:
How would I keep it from chipping the chrome?

Or are you talking about modding the panel?
the mans way of course! a few layers of duct tape. wrap it exactly to the edge of your cut. but you need to match the contour of your trunk. its not flat. question 2...do not cut the trunk. cut the cap.

post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 03:09 AM

Monster BullittHead

I've cut through painted metal using that method but never chrome.

Don't know if I've got the fabricating skills for that one.

Guess I'll have to turn in the man card.

post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 07:15 AM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 02095
I think one of the cars had the black panel and the other didnt. The one leaving the diner was flat green the one for the highway shots appears to be black. Just my observation on the subject.
post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: Black Cobra
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6840
one reason I did mine...like the original.

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode