LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 07:31 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 5656
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMidgley
Heresay.

Always has been two 390s, both HG. One a GT, one a non-GT Fastback.

Although, as Droopy has posted, there is always contention about this. Imo, if you want to have the back panel black, paint it, cover it in black. No issues there unless your trying to build the definitive clone. And if you are, you need to read and correspond with Dave Kunz. Also like what Droopy advised.
Aside from the suspect and questionable tales I've heard, that's pretty much what I'd heard. There's a lot of hearsay out there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 10:55 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: Former Owner
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6072
Garage
Check out "Celebrity Rides: Hollywood's Speeding Bullitt" on the DIY network on Directv channel 230 sometime. Shows the whole build of the car.
post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
by the way, didn't this question come up on here in a another thread? and wasn't it decided in that thread by the various photos that the car did in fact have a blacked out rear panel? the pics and the source utilized for the build for Chad McQueen's car both said it did.

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 11:43 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1866
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortymustang
Check out "Celebrity Rides: Hollywood's Speeding Bullitt" on the DIY network on Directv channel 230 sometime. Shows the whole build of the car.

Thanks for the info.

Next show date is 6/28 Set it up to record.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 11:07 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00000
the surviving cars vin is 8R02S125559 that'll clear up the gt or not on that one wont it?

post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1917
How many times is this going to get kicked around before everyone gets it? The panel was black. Flat black. Not gloss. Not green. Not half-green. Not alien green. Not shadows. Not trick photography. No smoke. No mirrors. No rabbits popping out of hats. Black. Just plain flat black.

THE ETERNAL COW

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." --Yogi Berra
post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 12:41 AM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00000
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvMcQueen
How many times is this going to get kicked around before everyone gets it? The panel was black. Flat black. Not gloss. Not green. Not half-green. Not alien green. Not shadows. Not trick photography. No smoke. No mirrors. No rabbits popping out of hats. Black. Just plain flat black.
^^^ what he said ^^^

post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 01:11 AM

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01152
Garage
Not exactly. If it's black, it must have been matte black. Flat would not have the muted sheen of the cars photographed above.

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Alloy
I'm convinced.

Trigger | Alloy 2007 Mustang V6 Auto Coupe | FRPP CAI/Brenspeed Tune | Pypes Performance X-pipe/GT Take off Axle Back | 17" Matte Black Bullitt Wheels | Customized Astra Hammond 10467 Quarter Window Louvers | Custom Grille | Rear Deck Chrome Trim | Custom Center Caps | Custom 1968 parking/fog lamps | Poor Man's Shorty Antennae
post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 07:27 AM

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1917
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMidgley
Not exactly. If it's black, it must have been matte black. Flat would not have the muted sheen of the cars photographed above.
David, you're in trouble. Okay, matte then. But the "muted sheen" you speak of is a result of the highly polished chrome bumper, reflecting sunlight. Even flat black is going to pick up on that. Are we clear on this? No rabbits. No hats. No hidden keys. No digital choreography. FLAT (or matte) BLACK!

THE ETERNAL COW

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." --Yogi Berra
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 06:14 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1866
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvMcQueen
This happens on every group I've ever belonged to. Every time you get a new wave of members, all the old questions come back around again.

Not complaining, I'm used to it. IMBOC has a great search function though and everyone should try it before they create a new thread.

post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 11:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop
This happens on every group I've ever belonged to. Every time you get a new wave of members, all the old questions come back around again.

Not complaining, I'm used to it. IMBOC has a great search function though and everyone should try it before they create a new thread.

And miss the thrill of (re)discovery?

Killjoy

JK!

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 11:42 PM

Garage
Muted Matte Black. I can live with that!

post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Alloy
Sorry for the noob question, but, well... I'm a noob.

But, judging from the early replies, I wasn't the only one that wasn't clear on this one. I did a quick search, but gave up early. I couldn't figure out a good combination of key words to narrow the search. Laziness kicked in and I figured, no harm in asking. Figured you O.G. (original Gangsta) members wouldn't mind helping a greenhorn (highland greenhorn?) out.

Besides, let's be honest with ourselves, it's not like we're all here to discuss world history, natural science, or politics. Given the common interest we did come here to discuss, we can pretty much expect that the same subject is gonna pop up from time to time.

Trigger | Alloy 2007 Mustang V6 Auto Coupe | FRPP CAI/Brenspeed Tune | Pypes Performance X-pipe/GT Take off Axle Back | 17" Matte Black Bullitt Wheels | Customized Astra Hammond 10467 Quarter Window Louvers | Custom Grille | Rear Deck Chrome Trim | Custom Center Caps | Custom 1968 parking/fog lamps | Poor Man's Shorty Antennae
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 01:03 AM

Garage
No prob Cos...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode