Steve McQueen's Bullitt goes to auction - Page 2 - IMBOC
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 02:41 PM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1PP09
Quite possibly, though Mecum think the car is going to break the record for the highest priced American muscle car ever sold, and I think that record is $2-$3 million.

One thing is for sure, I won't be able to afford it! However, I'm thinking we should start a crowdfunding for Tony Alonso to buy it!
Marguerite and bullit4404 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 01:41 AM

Monster BullittHead

WOW I’m glad I saw it when it was here in Tacoma Washington at the Lemay Museum
I’m going to take a guess at 3.5 million
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 06:22 PM

BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1400
$4.5 million easy

Blue Oval 4 Life: 1968 Fastback-2019 Bullitt

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 09:58 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 2700
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHBULLITT View Post
I think you guys are estimating the value way too high. Burt Reynolds Bandit sold for $317K I would guess more people know about the Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am than the Bullitt
Burt Reynolds Bandit car wasn’t the original from the movie, those were both destroyed. They were replicas and also there were 10’s of thousands of “Bandit” edition Trans Ams.

Bullitt ‘559 is perhaps the most significant original movie car in existence and having been the subject of such great mystery all these decades has only increased its potential value. Also a Steve McQueen owned Ferrari sold for $10 million 5 years ago.

I think ‘559 will sell for at least 5 million and my official guess is $7 million.
mungus likes this.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 11:11 PM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Shadow Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHBULLITT View Post
I think you guys are estimating the value way too high. Burt Reynolds Bandit sold for $317K I would guess more people know about the Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am than the Bullitt
GM cars always sell at a deep discount
pwd72s and Marguerite like this.
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 05:29 AM

Bullitt Year: 68
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
Garage
Wink Have to agree - 559 is special...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fords4ever View Post
Burt Reynolds Bandit car wasn’t the original from the movie, those were both destroyed. They were replicas and also there were 10’s of thousands of “Bandit” edition Trans Ams.

Bullitt ‘559 is perhaps the most significant original movie car in existence and having been the subject of such great mystery all these decades has only increased its potential value. Also a Steve McQueen owned Ferrari sold for $10 million 5 years ago.

I think ‘559 will sell for at least 5 million and my official guess is $7 million.
I have to agree.

Think about it, every James Bond car that comes up for auction goes for millions, the last Aston went for $6.3+ million USD, the one before $4.6 USD back in 2010. And there are quite a few Bond cars... They are nowhere near as exclusive as #559.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/james...1-a2cdc375f41a

There was only one Bullitt movie and only 2 Mustangs, and the other is really nothing more than a shell. When finished it will be largely a replica.

There was only one Steve McQueen, the king of cool, (and some of the Bonds were total nonces IMHO, only Connery had enough 60's tough / cool about him, to compare with McQueen, I mean did any of us really want to be ponce like Roger Moore or a weedy metro like Pierce Brosnan? - give me a break!). (sorry couldn't resist).

That plus all the 50 year anniversary hoopla etc and I'm picking it'll go well into the millions.
I only hope it stays stateside and with someone worthy, like say Jay Leno, or the Peterson Museum etc. I'd hate to see it go to some Chinese billionaire or a middle east oil brat.

I hope the family puts some riders on the auction, to that effect.
waycad and bullit4404 like this.

March 68' S code GT Fastback - build underway.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 01:19 PM

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01625
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mungus View Post
I have to agree.

Think about it, every James Bond car that comes up for auction goes for millions, the last Aston went for $6.3+ million USD, the one before $4.6 USD back in 2010. And there are quite a few Bond cars... They are nowhere near as exclusive as #559.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/james...1-a2cdc375f41a

There was only one Bullitt movie and only 2 Mustangs, and the other is really nothing more than a shell. When finished it will be largely a replica.

There was only one Steve McQueen, the king of cool, (and some of the Bonds were total nonces IMHO, only Connery had enough 60's tough / cool about him, to compare with McQueen, I mean did any of us really want to be ponce like Roger Moore or a weedy metro like Pierce Brosnan? - give me a break!). (sorry couldn't resist).

That plus all the 50 year anniversary hoopla etc and I'm picking it'll go well into the millions.
I only hope it stays stateside and with someone worthy, like say Jay Leno, or the Peterson Museum etc. I'd hate to see it go to some Chinese billionaire or a middle east oil brat.

I hope the family puts some riders on the auction, to that effect.
Couldn't agree more with you that McQueen was a generational guy, and while I'm also a Sean Connery fan, IMO Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever, and his persona is more like McQueen's rough around the edges, physical presence coupled with subtle intellect. Connery is cool, but if I had to be "in the trenches" with any of the three, he'd be my third choice. Just my two cents worth .
VIC-TIM and Marguerite like this.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 06:33 PM

Bullitt Year: 68
Bullitt Color: HG
Garage
Talking Too soon for those Bond cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waycad View Post
Couldn't agree more with you that McQueen was a generational guy, and while I'm also a Sean Connery fan, IMO Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever, and his persona is more like McQueen's rough around the edges, physical presence coupled with subtle intellect. Connery is cool, but if I had to be "in the trenches" with any of the three, he'd be my third choice. Just my two cents worth .
We're getting off topic I know, but yes I do think Craig is equal to Connery, but different and hard to equate them. They are both believable in the role, both men of their times, and very different times they are. They are the only 2 worthy Bonds IMHO. As for the mooted idea of the next Bond being a black woman. Give me a break... When will these cucked corporates learn? Didn't they pay attention to the Ghostbusters flop? etc. What next? Neil Armstrong being played by a one legged Chinese lesbian?
Bond is Bond, ENGLISH, WHITE and MALE. Get over it. Don't like it? Then they can go and bleet to their college brainwashers and ask for a refund of mummy's cashola. Get woke = Go broke as they say. If they do make the next Bond like that, I predict it will tank.

Anyway car wise. Its too early for any Daniel Craig cars to hit the auction circuit. Maybe 20 years from now. But even then, they use so many different cars in a modern Bond movie; Fords, SUV's, even hybrids... Not just an iconic DB5 or whatever. It will sure be interesting to see how much #559 goes for on the day. And to whom it goes...

March 68' S code GT Fastback - build underway.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mungus; 09-05-2019 at 11:13 PM.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 07:41 PM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 01625
Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mungus View Post
We're getting off topic I know, but yes I do think Craig is equal to Connery, but different and hard to equate them. They are both believable in the role, both men of their times, and very different times they are. They are the only 2 worthy Bonds IMHO. As for the mooted idea of the next Bond being a black woman. Give me a break... When will these cucked corporates learn? Didn't they pay attention to the Ghostbusters flop? etc. What next Neil Armstrong being played by a one legged Chinese lesbian?
Bond is Bond, ENGLISH, WHITE and MALE. Get over it. Don't like it? Then go and bleet to your college brainwashers and ask for a refund of your mummy's cashola. Get woke = Go broke as they say. If they do make the next Bond like that, I predict it will tank.

Anyway car wise. Its too early for any Daniel Craig cars to hit the auction circuit. Maybe 20 years from now. But even then, they use so many different cars in a modern Bond movie; Fords, SUV's, even hybrids... Not just an iconic DB5 or whatever. It will sure be interesting to see how much #559 goes for on the day. And to whom it goes...
So if a black woman ends up in the role, would that suddenly make both Bond and Miss Moneypenny lesbians based on their relationship over the last 57 years?
I heard a while ago that Idris Elba was under serious consideration to play Bond when Craig exits, but haven't heard anything since. Elba has done some very good work (Luther comes to mind) and I would be intrigued to see how he would play Bond. He's in the same mold as Craig IMO, and he's probably the best choice if a person of color gets the role.
As far as auction cars go, Craig's Aston in Skyfall would likely fetch the highest price, but it appears to have been blown up, unless that was a model car.
In any event, all good things must come to an end, and if what you referenced above takes place, what an ugly end it will be.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 11:34 PM
Car Whisperer

if I recall, Steve McQueen's personal Ferrari sold for like 9m. this THE iconic movie car if not car period. I can see this eclipsing the Ferrari.

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 11:37 PM
Car Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waycad View Post

Have to agree. I never thought I would like anyone better than Sean Connery in the role, but Daniel Craig has at least been the equal if not more. It's all about the cool factor and both of them have it in that role.

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 08:26 AM

Super BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 5546
How many of you think that it has already been sold?

By Sean - to Mecum ?

Just a thought.
JackDW - 852 likes this.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 01:29 PM

BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 2443
Garage
Nice write-up and pics on Mecum's website.
https://bullitt.mecum.com/?utm_sourc...eid=71a73be49d

'65/'88/'88/'03/'05/'15/'19
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old Today, 09:25 PM

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1248
I saw the Hero car in Detroit and spoke at length with the owner.

It is in ROUGH shape. Bondo is about to fall out of the passenger-side door, if I recall correctly.

It was driven in northeastern winters and is rusted.

It is a horrible shame that this car did not receive better care.

Bullitt Lifer
....Rick....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode