Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

The 2020 Bullitt Nationals

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Bullitt 736 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#10 ·
When previous posters have said 'Sign up', is that for entry with their car or is registration required to enter the show?

I ask as I am seriously considering coming over from the UK (fly to Chicago, rent a car and over the next couple of days do some sections of Route 66 I didn't cover back in April) and visiting the Nationals. Sadly, '08 #1352 will have to stay at home!

Where is the show likely to be in Pontiac and how many cars can be expected?

Thanks, Alan

#11 ·
It would be great if you could make it! Hoondog will put up a registration page when they get the details finalized sometime (probably early) next year. The cost will vary a bit depending on what portions of the event you want to attend. Last year we paid for things like a T-shirt, admission ticket to Hershey's chocolate factory, admission to the Carlisle car show, a cookout, and several other things. I don't know exactly what they'll have this year, but it should be something similar. I'm sure there will be some tours and a car show this year. The size of the show depends on if they can do something in conjunction with another event or not. Last year we had about 70 Bullitts, but it was in a car show with over 3000 other cars, also. I'm sure this year's event won't have that many cars overall, but there should be a similar number (probably a little smaller, but we can hope) of Bullitts. One other thing some of us are hoping for is a track day. They usually try to get some sort of driving event if they can. We've done autocross, 1/4 mile drag racing, and road course. If you're interested you could probably ride along with someone if it ends up being a road course or autocross. There are always people that show up without their cars for various reasons, so you wouldn't be alone. As others have said, it's about the people. It's a lot of fun even if you can't bring your car.

#13 ·
Hoondog and Bullitthead are an extended family! We were warmly welcomed and embraced at our first Nats (PCB FL). Got hooked and eagerly anticipate the next. Each is unique and has a different flavor. Been to places that otherwise we might not have ever gone. And it is not just the destination, it is the journey, hooking up in convoy with other Hoondogs enroute. We have great memories of every gathering. And it is all for charity!

Hope the VOLO Auto Museum is part of the 2020 Nats. Great cruise thru the IL countryside and an unique collection of cars and Americana

acd1t, look for a Hertz Shelby rental out of Chicago. Ain't no ecoboost...

#14 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. I shall check the Hoondog 'site on a regular basis to see what's going on.

Just checked out Hertz and no sign of a Shelby, only a Camaro. I did '66 end to end in an ecoboost earlier in the year but have had Challenger R/T's on previous visits as I rate them, most of all for the ability to carry two large cases and all hand-luggage in the trunk.

If the fee isn't too frightening I might give one a go if the Shelby is out by then!

Alan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.