post #8071 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 06:47 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: Former Owner
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1917

via GIPHY

bullit4404 likes this.

THE ETERNAL COW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." --Yogi Berra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8072 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 07:49 PM

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01695
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
And 13 years later they'll be extinct from excessive cholesterol. War of the worlds fast food style.
Jimbob and bullit4404 like this.
post #8073 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 09:02 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by waycad View Post
And 13 years later they'll be extinct from excessive cholesterol. War of the worlds fast food style.
Not all of us. My doctor says I'm in fabulous health and have the "immune system of Superman." I, of course, told him not to use medicines on me that have even a trace of Krytonite. But, all things considered, I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in.

And that "shape" includes a lifetime of eating Mom's "Fried Everything" (if she could've found a way, I'm sure she would've fried dinner salads). And, when McDonald's got rolling, so did I. Cheeseburgers, large fries, thick milk shakes, then on to Colonel Sanders (not the POLITICAL one) and his greasy fried chicken, Big Boys for double burgers, more fries, more shakes. Back home, it was brats, hot dogs, mashed potatoes, eggs, bacon out the wazoo, biscuits and thick sausage gravy (lathered with more grease). On and on and on it has gone.

I should be the poster child for heart attacks. But, nope. No problems. Cholesterol levels, low. Heart, strong. Circulation and blood pressure, normal. MRI, good. Fit as a fiddle. And, the cherry on top of the whipped cream in all of this? I smoked like the Little Engine that Could since I was 18 years old! Quit smoking, lungs fast forwarded into normal, wheezing ended, coughing stopped, lung function... 100-percent! Superman? I dunno, but I've been lucky, I guess.

And that concludes my lecture tonight. Many thanks to the faculty and staff for allowing me to make this presentation and I wish all of you good health, good living and good grades. Thank you.

THE ETERNAL COW

post #8074 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 10:07 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
Glad you are in good health, may it continue for many years to come!
VIC-TIM and Jimbob like this.

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #8075 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 12:26 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit4404 View Post
Glad you are in good health, may it continue for many years to come!
Thank you, Pat. I've just been lucky, I guess. It certainly isn't because I've taken good care of myself. But to be honest, the one I have to thank is far above us, and I do thank God.

I've seen too many times how everything can change on a dime. In 2011, my big brother hosted a big family/friends get-together at his farm in southern Ohio. He was robust, tan, full of life and fun and playing his true name, "Charlie Harper" to the hilt. He even wore his custom made "Two and a Half Men" bowling shirt that day.

As he passed I stopped him and asked, "Charles, how old are you now?" (I knew he was 72, but was just making conversation). He looked at me incredulously and answered. I said, "Man, I hope I'm in half as good of shape as you when I get there."

It was 4 1/2 years later that he was laid to rest. Forever. Yes, it can all change in the twinkling of an eye and we must always try to live each day to the very fullest, lest it be our last.

Below is a picture of bro' and I the day of that get-together. And that is ALL I have to say about that.

No one would think the guy 8 years younger was on the right...

(Okay Tim, you can have your thread back now! Sorry)...

THE ETERNAL COW

post #8076 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 03:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thank you, Pat. I've just been lucky, I guess. It certainly isn't because I've taken good care of myself. But to be honest, the one I have to thank is far above us, and I do thank God.

I've seen too many times how everything can change on a dime. In 2011, my big brother hosted a big family/friends get-together at his farm in southern Ohio. He was robust, tan, full of life and fun and playing his true name, "Charlie Harper" to the hilt. He even wore his custom made "Two and a Half Men" bowling shirt that day.

As he passed I stopped him and asked, "Charles, how old are you now?" (I knew he was 72, but was just making conversation). He looked at me incredulously and answered. I said, "Man, I hope I'm in half as good of shape as you when I get there."

It was 4 1/2 years later that he was laid to rest. Forever. Yes, it can all change in the twinkling of an eye and we must always try to live each day to the very fullest, lest it be our last.

Below is a picture of bro' and I the day of that get-together. And that is ALL I have to say about that.

No one would think the guy 8 years younger was on the right...

(Okay Tim, you can have your thread back now! Sorry)...
The somberness of your post is a reminder that we're all dying from the moment we leave the womb. It's just a matter of how and when. It sounds like your bro enjoyed himself while he was here, and brought joy to those in his circle of life. RIP Charles.
Jimbob likes this.
post #8077 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 05:34 PM

DavidMidgley and bullit4404 like this.

THE ETERNAL COW

post #8078 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 05:44 PM

Wink And awaaaay we go!

Quote:
The somberness of your post is a reminder that we're all dying from the moment we leave the womb. It's just a matter of how and when. It sounds like your bro enjoyed himself while he was here, and brought joy to those in his circle of life. RIP Charles.
Bring joy, he did. I cannot honestly remember a time that I did not erupt in at least one hearty laugh in his presence. He was a master of bringing joy and laughter. Back in the 50s, when The Jackie Gleason Show was at its peak, he cracked the entire family up by grabbing a cane and doing a Gleason routine, gliding across the living room entrance with a hearty "And awaaaaaaay we go!" We laughed until we cried. God, I miss that guy!

Which brings to mind a theory that I developed that I often must use to explain my fondness of doing nothing.

As you so aptly indicated, humans have a limited amount of time on this mudball spinning through space. During that lifetime we are allocated a specific amount of heartbeats. When that number is reached, we croak. Therefore, I refrain from activities that would increase my heart rate, thus conversing that precious number of heartbeats. Thus, I will most definitely live longer.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Speaking of my brother and Gleason, I found this vid of Gleason clips and remembered bro's spoofs of The Great One. "How Sweet it is!" "One of these days, Alice, one of these days, POW! right in the kisser!" To the moon, Alice, to the moooon!" Bro' did 'em all! I got a tear in my eye watching this...

THE ETERNAL COW

Last edited by Jimbob; 03-12-2020 at 06:12 PM.
post #8079 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 06:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Which brings to mind a theory that I developed that I often must use to explain my fondness of doing nothing.

As you so aptly indicated, humans have a limited amount of time on this mudball spinning through space. During that lifetime we are allocated a specific amount of heartbeats. When that number is reached, we croak. Therefore, I refrain from activities that would increase my heart rate, thus conversing that precious number of heartbeats. Thus, I will most definitely live longer.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Well, there's an old adage that roughly says: don't leave any heartbeats in the bank when you croak. I figure to use 'em all while the usin' is still good.
post #8080 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 06:14 PM

Wink

Quote:
Well, there's an old adage that roughly says: don't leave any heartbeats in the bank when you croak. I figure to use 'em all while the usin' is still good.
When I reach that moment I'm going to beg God to at least give me back the time I wasted sitting at red lights. That ought to give me a couple more years.

THE ETERNAL COW

post #8081 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 06:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
When I reach that moment I'm going to beg God to at least give me back the time I wasted sitting at red lights. That ought to give me a couple more years.
That is a reach!
Jimbob and FarmerDon like this.
post #8082 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 06:38 PM

Red face

Quote:
That is a reach!
All right, then. How about just the time i wasted standing in line at the grocery store? That would be good for at least a year, wouldn't it?

Marguerite and bullit4404 like this.

THE ETERNAL COW

Last edited by Jimbob; 03-12-2020 at 06:52 PM.
post #8083 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
There have been recent posts which marginally violated the forum rule regarding religious content, referring to Jesus Christ in an off-handed way. But by far the most egregious offense involved the defacement of a highly religious painting with a degrading commercial reference. That post and the leading posts have been deleted..
Please accept my apologies for posting that. I should have known better.
bullit4404 likes this.

THE ETERNAL COW

post #8084 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 12:25 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Delete this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
There have been recent posts which marginally violated the forum rule regarding religious content, referring to Jesus Christ in an off-handed way. But by far the most egregious offense involved the defacement of a highly religious painting with a degrading commercial reference. That post and the leading posts have been deleted.
"That" should never be there to begin with. Public shaming of a party accused of violating forum rules is wrong and should be dealt with via the PM feature, not in a public forum. But, since it was dealt with in such a crude and public way, I feel I'm justified in answering the issue in depth here, and in a public way.

First of all, I truly meant my apology in that I suspected it may be viewed as a potential violation. But, I also thought it was innocuous enough to be allowed. Obviously, I thought wrong. And for that I am truly sorry.

What I am at issue with is being "shamed" over the object of my alleged transgression. Yes, it was a spoof. Yes, it was a take on the Last Supper. But it was done in the spirit of humor, not of humiliation or disrespect. My relationship with my God and my Creator and His Son is MY business, and I happen to believe that my Lord and Savior does have a sense of humor. If I felt any other way, I would certainly never dreamed of posting the spoof.

Which brings us to the issue of referring to the Lord in an "off-handed" way. This again falls into the category of the Lord having a "sense of humor." I'm certain that when the person(s) behind those posts are down on their knees at night, the Lord knows their hearts. And I also know that He made it abundantly clear that we should "judge not, lest thou be judged."

For my part, I will never again attempt to post such humor here. I would hope that the offended party would also refrain from future public displays of displeasure and humiliation. To continue such actions would only serve to perpetuate angst, in such a way that has often led to the exodus of many fine people who once graced the pages of this website. People don't mind rules, but they certainly mind public shaming. And with that, let's move on and not let this minor disruption morph into a full-scale brouhaha. Thank you. ---Jimbob
pwd72s and FarmerDon like this.

THE ETERNAL COW

post #8085 of 8167 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 12:30 AM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
..........................................And don't do it again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bettie_page_spank01.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	73155  
Jimbob likes this.

Tags
twostangwmn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode