• 1 Post By B03103

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 03103
new owner of 01' DHG. just got it

Hi Guys, I am a proud owner of my first Mustang ever. I always wanted a Manual V8 Mustang and finally got it. I love the New Edge mustangs and always loved the looks of the Bullitt which is why I pursued that edition.

I hate to say "HI I just got a new mustang and already want more power" but its true. Actually looking to get quicker not necessarily a ton more power but some more hp.

I live in CA so I have to deal with smog.

It came with BBK CAI when I got it, Other than that I believe it is stock with 72K and very clean.

what are the best mods for speed and hp (probably going to get 3.90 Gears & short throw shifter) MGW or TriAX. I am not looking to go Supercharger any time soon.

From your guys experience what are good brands and which brands should I stay away from.

UPR, sve, bbk, SLP, borla, magnaflow, Flowmaster, etc.

I have heard the stock mufflers flow good but should I replace or keep them and maybe go with a midpipe.

I also want to help the Rear end Hook up better and maybe get upper & Lower control arms, does anyone recommend a brand they had good results with.

Sorry for all the questions, Thanks for any advice. If you think I should leave the car stock that's ok let me know.

thx

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:45 AM
BEST BULLITT Nats 06

Bullitt Serialized Number: 00344
Congratulations on your "new" Bullitt! Hey, what color is it and what is the specific ID# off the driver's side shock tower sticker so I can get you on the 01 Bullitt registry here.

Thannks!

~Vicki~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 10:41 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Color: TB
Bullitt Serialized Number: 05019
First of all, congrats on your 'new' Bullitt!

Most would agree that gears and shifter are great first mods.

Exhaust is a matter of taste. I have a JBA off-road h pipe with Magnaflow catback and I love the sound. Like I said, it's a matter of taste. I have had bad experience with MAC and Pypes regarding poor fitment. I can't comment on other brands.

After your gears, you will probably want a tune to correct for the gears and to provide a touch more power.

Also, at 72k miles, you will probably want shocks/struts and probably brakes, unless they have already been done by the previous owner.

I have to tell you though, modding has a snowball effect. One thing leads to another. Are we ever really satisfied???

TB Bullitt #5019

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 12:22 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
Just my 2cents worth (worth less than a penny these days).

First is gears which you already have listed. That may be the "bang of the buck" you can do.

Second, as "sganow" recommended, suspension and more important, BRAKES. Make sure you have a car that can handle any additional power you will be adding. Not sure how much power you have in mind, but while addressing the gears, my be time to consider driveshaft since you will already have it out anyways. Again building for the future.
pwd72s likes this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Color DHG # 3103.

thanks,
TwoStangWmn likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Thanks Guys, Yes, I don't think much of anything has been done to the car, so I should probably check the shocks....

Good point on the drive shaft, I was not thinking about that. Maybe I'll get an aluminum drive shaft if and when I do gears?

How do you make the brakes better? Just better rotors and pads? better materials or better brand? The other day a hammered on the gas kinda mid turn and the back end got a lot more loose than I was comfortable with. I then over steered then over corrected and then just slammed on the brakes. Yes I think I need better breaks. The tires look okay but they are pretty old ( so tires needed as well ).

Any of you guys have coil overs?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 08:12 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6005
Garage
Sweet deal for you - enjoy the new-to-you 'Stang!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- 1970 302 Boss ( deceased
), - 1969 Mach-1 (Sold
), -1982 Ghia ( Sold
) +2009 DHG Bullitt #6005 (
) USAF, Retired (MSgt)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 12:26 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 01251
Welcome to IMBOC from Kentucky

DHG # 01251-130,000+ miles -ACCEL COP's-LED 3rd Brake Light-Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback Exhaust-Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks-KYB Axle Damper Shocks-Bullitt Center Caps from On in 60-JLT RAI DHG -Chin Spoiler -Mach 1 Grille Delete-FarmerDons Custom Mesh Grille Insert

USAF 70-74
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:22 AM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1629
Welcome from the Great White North. ehhh
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 04:21 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 01625
Garage
Yes, I have Maximum Motorsport coil overs on 01625, but frankly they're not really necessary on a street machine. I put them on the car for ride height and leveling issues from side to side, as the car was not level after I installed lowering springs. Since you're starting with an unmodified car, you can find many better bang for the buck mods than coil overs IMO. Happy modding!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Got it, Thanks
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 03:06 PM

BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 00112
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by B03103 View Post
Got it, Thanks
I live in CA also and the laws and smog reg's suck. Look at my garage I have many upgrades including Maximum Motorsports suspension, Kennebell supercharger and Borla exhaust. When I added the Torque Arm and front coilovers it made a huge difference in ride and handling for the street. I am extremely happy with my build so check it out.

2001 Mustang Bullitt # 0112
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

I will check it out. Thanks,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode