post #46 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Inactive

Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 3423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hey Billy,

Not to worry Pal it will be Up-Dated as soon as it gets to the

The Times it ran the other night were for (Testing) purposes "ONLY" .......

tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 03:34 PM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 2712
Here's my new one. Best so far!

Former Bullitt Owner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 DHG 2712 ● Vortech Si Trim ● Steeda CMDP ● 12.3 @ 116mph on street tires ●
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #48 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 08:39 PM

BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 4856
Nice job, Rob! Looks like Z-Max may be a regular deal for our area. I may even have to try it someday.....

post #49 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 01:13 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1011
Garage
Hmmm I have to learn to drive. I just went to Cayuga "Motorsport Park" in Ontario to see what my latest mods would do.
R/T ?
60' 2.334
1/4 : 14.072
mph : 100.92
tire pressure stock 32lbs
outside temp 35 degrees centigrade (about 86 farenheight?)
(will look for the slip for all info.
Mods BBK UDP, 91 Octane Tune from DaSilva HR Cams
Dyno 301.5 rwhp 309.1 rwtq

I really thought I would get in the 13's I am working on my power shifting not as easy as I thought it would be 1-2 seems to be tougher for me than 2-3. Would lowering my tire pressure help? I do realize the heat/humidity didn't help either major power drain there. I have been told Cayuga is not the best prepped track either. There is a track in London Ontario that is prepped much better will wait for cooler weather and update. Any tips for me? I hit the track once maybe twice a year so I know that more time at the track will help. Still shooting for 13's.

HR Cams/BBK UDP's/UPR LCA's SCT 3 91 Tune 302RWHP/311TQ
post #50 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 01:44 PM

You Broke the Server!

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 03549
Garage
Your loosing everything in your 60 foot time...need to be under 2.0

Konis,Eibach sportlines,MM caster camber plates,MM X adjustable lower control arms,MGW Shifter,Alum driveshaft,Mac Prochamber,Mach chin spoiler,19" Forged wheels with BFG 255/295
Best 1/4mile Vortech V1 [email protected]
post #51 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 4492
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan
Hmmm I have to learn to drive. I just went to Cayuga "Motorsport Park" in Ontario to see what my latest mods would do.
R/T ?
60' 2.334
1/4 : 14.072
mph : 100.92
tire pressure stock 32lbs
outside temp 35 degrees centigrade (about 86 farenheight?)
(will look for the slip for all info.
Mods BBK UDP, 91 Octane Tune from DaSilva HR Cams
Dyno 301.5 rwhp 309.1 rwtq

I really thought I would get in the 13's I am working on my power shifting not as easy as I thought it would be 1-2 seems to be tougher for me than 2-3. Would lowering my tire pressure help? I do realize the heat/humidity didn't help either major power drain there. I have been told Cayuga is not the best prepped track either. There is a track in London Ontario that is prepped much better will wait for cooler weather and update. Any tips for me? I hit the track once maybe twice a year so I know that more time at the track will help. Still shooting for 13's.
As Chris said, your 60' is keeping you from the 13's. On stock tires you should be able to get your 60' time in the 2.05-2.15 second range with a little practice. My best 60' time (2.09) was done at 32 psi. Others seem to do better at 28. What rpm are you shifting at? Anything less than 6500 is leaving something on the table. You should leave it in 3rd at the top end unless it's hitting the rev limiter before you get there. Are you switching off your traction control?

'08 Bullitt DHG #4492
'68 Cougar 289/4-speed
post #52 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 05:27 AM

Monster BullittHead

Garage
I know my 60' has to decrease, traction problems. I am walking it out T/C is off. I have been shifting at 60000 as my dyno shows the torque drop off at this point. I think track prep should help, so St.Thomas is where I should have an easier time. I was also told to drop my tire pressure. guess it can't hurt. Thanks for the responses. On a side note would LCA's help? I do plan on getting a set of tubular LCA's to help control the live axle. Not sure if it'll help straight line but was told it's night and day for track. Anyway cool weather and will report back. Cheers.

post #53 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 05:57 PM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 4492
What rpm is your HP peak at? A good rule of thumb is to shift at about 10% higher rpm than where that peak occurs. It will feel like it's starting to fall on it's face, but it still ends up being faster. I can go deeper into that subject if you'd like, but for now I'll leave it at that.

LCA's will help at least slightly and should get rid of any wheelhop. They are a good first step. My eventual list of mods includes LCA's, a one-piece driveshaft and a driveshaft loop. That way I can comfortably run slicks if I want to.

'08 Bullitt DHG #4492
'68 Cougar 289/4-speed
post #54 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 05:45 AM

Monster BullittHead

Garage
HP peaks pretty much at 5700 and stays flat till it drops at 6100 so I guess shifting at 6300 should work. Rev limiter set at 6700 rpm

post #55 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 02:30 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
Many years ago (with another car), I managed my best time by launching around half throttle and once it hooked up, then nail it. People laughed when I told them that but my ticket proved it worked.

Play around with your launch to get the best time. Depending upon the track and weather conditions, sometime you need to leave softer. Other time you can come out the hole a lot harder. Use a couple test run to find "the sweet spot" at each track.
post #56 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 12:04 AM

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Serialized Number: 3107
Talking Great Lakes Dragaway

My best time at Great Lakes Dragaway near Racine, WI was a 13.63 at 101. Just stock tires, CMDP, underdrive pulleys, and Tune. I was disappointed and so now have an intercooled Vortech SC. Hope to do some low 12's or so...
post #57 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 12:07 AM

Wheel Hop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve68Cougar
What rpm is your HP peak at? A good rule of thumb is to shift at about 10% higher rpm than where that peak occurs. It will feel like it's starting to fall on it's face, but it still ends up being faster. I can go deeper into that subject if you'd like, but for now I'll leave it at that.

LCA's will help at least slightly and should get rid of any wheelhop. They are a good first step. My eventual list of mods includes LCA's, a one-piece driveshaft and a driveshaft loop. That way I can comfortably run slicks if I want to.
I found that LCAs alone didn't do it. I had to use UCA as well. You will get a bit more noise from the shifting, but I don't think there is any way around it.
post #58 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 12:09 AM

I found that my best time was kind of riding the clutch and no wheel spin...
post #59 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker
Always like to look at those babies. Nice time. Looking forward to seeing what 6010 will do with the mods this spring. I will post the timeslip hopefully.

K3107 Mods: dual horns. Soon Steeda tune.

post #60 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Inactive

Bullitt Serialized Number: 3423
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonbullitt
Always like to look at those babies. Nice time. Looking forward to seeing what 6010 will do with the mods this spring. I will post the timeslip hopefully.
I wonder where Bob has gone as Spring Time has now come and gone.

tigerhonaker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode