40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
Arrow Complete Track setup, S-197, 05-14

I'm going to post a complete set up for S-197's that I know works and is street able. This particular set up is from a 2011 GT that was purchased with tracking in mind. Set up initially was for Mosport, Watkin's Glen, Road Atlanta
The car: 2011 GT, 6 spd M-82, no options except 3.73 Differential. Coyote V8
Engine Mods: Power Pack: 93 Octane tune, GT 500 mufflers, K&N filter, Ford racing oil filter. FP X pipe, Mobil 1 5W30, Morosso drain able oil separator. On 94 Octane, makes about ~450 HP. Stop tech 600 F Brake fluid. Change trans. fluid to Dexron/Mercon 5. (came with gear lube, changed due to TSB, shifts much better)
The suspension: FP MFR3A-MGTAA Lowers about 1 inch. Includes: Strut tower brace, Front struts/springs, Adjustable shocks, Adjustable sway bars with bushings and hdw., rear adj. shocks/springs, adjustable panhard bar. Modified struts for "crash bolts" for camber adjustments. Alignment settings: Camber 1 1/2 deg. neg., Caster 7 deg. pos. Toe in 1/16" total. (Shocks set at #3-4 turns front and rear. 0=soft, 6 full hard) (Front and rear bar on middle setting)
Brakes: Front 14" Brembo FP upgrade kit. Pads Hawk HPS or HP+ or Yellow stuff, front and rear, street and lapping. For more track hours switch to Hawk Street and Race. (Pads that come with kit good for street, OK for limited lapping)
Wheels and Tires: BBS 9.5 X 18 w 275-40-18 Nitto R compound, or 555's. The Nitto 555's wear quite well, not as grippy as R compound. (Tend to be noisy) Toyo 888 or 888R work well also.
Other: Auto Power roll bar w/harness bar. 5 point harness, remove back seat and spare tire, Back seat replacement cover. Dynamat floor under back seat and in trunk.
Total cost ~ $10,000.00+ Street drawbacks are that the sway bars are clunky, and the pads are a little noisy, ride is quite acceptable. And it's a lot of money! And, no back seat.
"Bargain version": Tokico adj. shocks, (Alignment set up) Stock brakes with slotted rotors, Hawk or Yellow stuff pads, UHP street tires, BFG, Michelin?? Oil separator. Total cost ~$2500+
So, on an 08 Bullit you could do this whole package and it would work very well. The so called bargain version would give you a good improvement. Bill is going to give me his set up, that he has developed during over 40 track days, which one of us will post.
I'd like to hear from someone with an 01 Bullit, who has a set up that they like? Post as a reply.
VIC-TIM likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Last edited by bullit4404; 04-18-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Forgot about tire pressure. Get a laser pyrometer ($25) Start out at 30-32 psi. After a session measure temps across the tire. Higher in the middle, let air out 2 Lbs at a time. Higher on the edges, add some air 2 Lbs at a time. Cars with lots of neg. camber will show higher temps. on the inside getting gradually cooler on outside edge. This is normal. For most tires to grip well they need to be at least around 150 degs.F. Probably 180F for R compound.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Talking

Somebody asked me why Tokico Adjustable shocks. Well, they make them for Ford and you can get a 4 wheel kit DSP-12 on Amazon for just over $700. When you adjust the Tokico's you are adjusting both compression and rebound. With the Koni Sport shock you are just adjusting rebound, and Bilstein, no adjustment? I think adjustable shocks are a must for a street/track car. Nice ride on the street, firm it up for the track.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

repost Wed am

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

repost wed pm

post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 07:29 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
nice suggestions!!!

01 would benefit from bilsteins or adjustable tokicos on the high end, vogtland or eibach springs, mm panhard bar and if really want to go all out, the torque arm. mm lower control arms and ford racing uppers (if you can still find them.) or if you have the coin, swap in the cobra IRS like some have done (I did when I had mine). wilwood front brakes and slotted rotors, or on the cheap, performance friction pads or EBC yellow or red stuff pads all around.
bullit4404 likes this.

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 09:01 PM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Multiple Bullitts
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
nice suggestions!!!

01 would benefit from bilsteins or adjustable tokicos on the high end, vogtland or eibach springs, mm panhard bar and if really want to go all out, the torque arm. mm lower control arms and ford racing uppers (if you can still find them.) or if you have the coin, swap in the cobra IRS like some have done (I did when I had mine). wilwood front brakes and slotted rotors, or on the cheap, performance friction pads or EBC yellow or red stuff pads all around.

You speak the truth.

MM carries an OEM Ford replica now. I have them in Blue along with the XD height adjustable LCA's.
bullit4404 likes this.

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 10:58 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4492
A cheap alternative to the 14" brakes is going to the 2011-2014 standard GT brakes. It uses the same caliper but goes from 12.6" to 13.2" on the rotor. It's a simple swap requiring just a new caliper mount and larger rotor (used to be available as new-take-off kits, but the bracket is probably just a junkyard item by now). A big plus with those is that the stock rims can be used without having to make any modifications. I ended up making my own brake cooling ducts, which seems to have helped, too. To go along with larger brakes and cooling, I would also recommend braided stainless steel brake lines (no matter which year car you have). They improve pedal feel and are capable of withstanding high pressures. Also, an excellent alternative to the brake pads you mentioned is Ferodo's DS2500. I've used them for 5 track days and numerous autocrosses and they've still got some life left. They work well on the street but come to life once they get a little heat in them. I'm planning to get a new set for the fronts before I hit the road course again.

As quite a few people on here know, I've got the FR3A package on my car along with the brake upgrades mentioned above, rear control arms and a rear lower control arm relocation kit. It's a nice setup. This same basic suspension package along with larger tires was used on the '11-'14 Shelby GT350 (Shelby American package, not related to the current GT350) and pulled something like a 1.06G skidpad number back when they were new. With my P235/50R18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires I'm sure I don't get that high, but it's way higher than the .87G our cars are/were when stock.
tossass4370 and bullit4404 like this.

'08 Bullitt DHG #4492
'68 Cougar 289/4-speed
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 11:29 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 03130
Garage
On my 01 I have replaced the shocks and struts with Bilsteins. the rear lower control arms are BMR and the rear upper control arms are Custom Timspeed with spherical mounts on the differential. the springs are still the stock Bullitts. The brakes are upgraded slotted rotors with EBC yellow stuff pads. tires are 18" Saleen replicas and Hankook tires. I had a rear shock brace fabricated for the car. JLT cold air intake with 93 octane tune from SCT. Silverhorseracing oil catch can. stock front control arms but replace the lower ball joints. Stainless steel brake lines. Hurst short throw shifter Amsoil trans fluid 3.2 qts. 373 gears and royal purple gear oil. mobil 1 5W20 synthetic oil. MM caster camber plates
Bullitt 40 and bullit4404 like this.

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications mostly suspension and braking work for the fun twisty roads. and an teenage(15) female Mechanic who wants to track her car.

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Thanks for the great input Steve and Ed. I haven't used Ferodo pads since I worked on Fiats as an apprentice. Another story, another time. They are an old reliable. Good tip on the 13.2" brakes. The car I did, the lady wanted the big 4 piston calipers. Her other car was a Nissan GTR. Steve , you seem to have a good set up.
Ed, the 01's seem to have their own quirks. I haven't worked on them much. Seems like the rear suspensions need some assistance to work right. I really like using the oil separators, keeps the oil vapour mist from carboning up the intake valves. The 11 Coyotes had piston squirters and they made a lot of oil mist in the PCV. If you ran them hard you could get a foul miss at high RPM. Apparently in 12 they used a different piston and axed the squirters.
Stainless steel lines are a good addition and there are DOT ones (Goodrich)without the "plastic" liners that can kink. I love the adjustable shocks, one of the only things that can improve turn in and exit.
Anybody swap out their sub frame connectors for the full length ones?

Last edited by bullit4404; 04-19-2018 at 12:29 AM.
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Any 01 guys find a strut tower brace where you don't have to drill through the "hologram?"

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 02:16 PM
Car Whisperer

one company had one but no longer makes them as I recall...kenny brown
bullit4404 likes this.

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Thanks Tim, and for your other info. as well.
VIC-TIM likes this.

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 02:45 PM
Car Whisperer

checked their site and they still sell strut tower braces for the new edge, just don't know if the gt one will clear the bullitt intake. I think they had one that was specifically for the bullitt. I had one and sold it years ago. if it will clear the intake, theirs does not mount to the front of the strut tower and thus interfere with the hologram sticker.

Strut Tower Brace For '99-'01 Cobra, and '99-04 Mustang GT and V-6 | Shop Kenny Brown
bullit4404 likes this.

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 04:34 PM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

Bullitt Color: Multiple Bullitts
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00736
I believe Stifflers has one that fits if not discontinued
edtrae03130 and bullit4404 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode