Daytona 500 - IMBOC
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Super BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Color: Shadow Black
Daytona 500

Didn't see a thread for the Daytona 500 tomorrow. Ford (Mustangs of a sort) have 6 of top 10 starting spots with Harvick and Logano winning both of the qualifiers and Ford taking top 3 spots in each of those races. Hopefully their race day setups and luck are equal to Thursday's.

Starting lineup.

https://www.nascar.com/results/race_...tn/qualifying/
bullit4404 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 12:14 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
I plan on dozing in front of the TV tomorrow as the announcers drone on during the hours of the race...everybody waiting for "the big one".

Never bet against Penske...
bullit4404 likes this.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 02:01 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01251
. Truck race last night was “a WILD THING”. 18+Year young guys with no fear breeds chaos!!!
Xfinity race coming at 1:30 CST. Ought to be a little tamer.
bullit4404 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DHG # 01251-129,000+ miles -ACCEL COP's-LED 3rd Brake Light-Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback Exhaust-Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks-KYB Axle Damper Shocks-Bullitt Center Caps from On in 60-JLT RAI DHG -Chin Spoiler -Mach 1 Grille Delete-FarmerDons Custom Mesh Grille Insert

USAF 70-74

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 04:07 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: Black Cobra
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6840
win on sunday and sell suv's on monday.

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 10:35 PM
Supporting Member

Well, they still call 'em "stock" cars. I was in a Toyota dealership today, but didn't see a V-8 2 door Camry anywhere.
I did get a laugh from a salesman when I asked if they had the new BMW in...
bullit4404 and #94 like this.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 11:09 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4003
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Well, they still call 'em "stock" cars. I was in a Toyota dealership today, but didn't see a V-8 2 door Camry anywhere.
I did get a laugh from a salesman when I asked if they had the new BMW in...
After observing this particular car over the last 10+ years at the Henry Ford Museum, I'm not sure I can say the 1956 era NASCAR race cars could be considered 'Stock'. This is supported by an ex-coworker who volunteered at the museum and seen this car up on a hoist and all the non 'Stock' revisions that were incorporated.

I'm pretty sure NASCAR only refers to them as a Stock Car due to their acronym.

https://www.thehenryford.org/artifac...lide=gs-215582

Greg

'01 Bullitt 4003 - Dark Highland Green & '19 Bullitt K0013 - Dark Highland Green
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 01:31 AM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt4003 View Post
After observing this particular car over the last 10+ years at the Henry Ford Museum, I'm not sure I can say the 1956 era NASCAR race cars could be considered 'Stock'. This is supported by an ex-coworker who volunteered at the museum and seen this car up on a hoist and all the non 'Stock' revisions that were incorporated.

I'm pretty sure NASCAR only refers to them as a Stock Car due to their acronym.

https://www.thehenryford.org/artifac...lide=gs-215582
You're right -- NASCAR has never been true "stock car" racing. But in the 'old days,' the bodies closely resembled consumer driven cars -- and fans identified with that! Nowadays, the only differentiating aspect seems to be the the decals on otherwise identical bodies. But I do like NASCAR because it allows contact without putting a car out of the race. Open wheel racing is exciting, but the least bit of contact can destroy a car and put your favorite driver out of the race.
Serpent and bullit4404 like this.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 12:42 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Color: Black Cobra
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6840
yep, certainly cannot identify with the cars on the track nowadays. in the "old" days, you could. Like Sally calls Lightning McQueen.....Stickers. that's how you know what brand you are looking at.
bullit4404 likes this.

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Super BullittHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
I plan on dozing in front of the TV tomorrow as the announcers drone on during the hours of the race...everybody waiting for "the big one".

Never bet against Penske...
Well, there it is.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 07:47 PM
Supporting Member

Kinda happ0y to se Gibbs win....but...

Man, they don't call it crashcar for nothin'!
73Mach1 and bullit4404 like this.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Super BullittHead

Lousy last 30 laps or so. Disappointing there wasn't a lot of good green flag racing over that stretch.
FarmerDon and bullit4404 like this.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 11:12 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
A couple of million dollars of cars wadded up. And, it takes a long time to slow down from 200 MPH.
FarmerDon and #94 like this.

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:48 AM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4003
For close to a couple of decades, during the 1980's through 1990's, I was a fan of NASCAR. Always considered the Daytona 500 my Super Bowl.

I lost interest several years ago, probably during the start of the COT era or just before.

On a lark, I visited Jayski.com to see what comments were posted about yesterday's race. Apparently ESPN, which bought it about 10 years ago, shut it down on January 24th.

Jayski used to be the place to catch all of the team/driver rumors.

Jayski's NASCAR News, Race Results, Cup Schedule, Paint Schemes & More - ESPN
73Mach1 and bullit4404 like this.

Greg

'01 Bullitt 4003 - Dark Highland Green & '19 Bullitt K0013 - Dark Highland Green
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 01:17 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
15 minutes of fame was up. I just watch the beginning and the end of most races now, usually with the sound off and reading the weekend newspaper.

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 03:17 PM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit4404 View Post
15 minutes of fame was up. I just watch the beginning and the end of most races now, usually with the sound off and reading the weekend newspaper.
A lot of the drivers do the equivalent on the race track -- ride around for 400 miles, hoping to avoid a wreck, until getting serious about racing. Actually, I look forward to watching the pit crews do their thing -- they have some serious skills -- many of them are exceptional athletes! An analogous feat happens in the NHRA -- it's amazing how fast they tear down and rebuild engines between races!
bullit4404 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode