Broken Heater Hose Tee? - Page 2 - IMBOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Friend of IMBOC

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00388
I have looked for the tee but have not found anything yet. Best headway I found was by calling it a "reducing tee"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:41 AM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 5099
I found a company that makes the "Tee", appears to be a fifty dollar minimum. Part number for Glass Filled black nylon is RT12-6GFBN

http://www.eldonjames.com/PDF/AutoCat.pdf pdf page 67 (17 of 33)

They have two free samples if you are a manufacture or a University.

Glass-Filled Black Nylon (GFBN)
Temperature Range -50F to 275F Pressure 150 psi @ 70F
Heat Deflection Temperature - ASTM D64: 475F (246C) @ 264 psi
GFBN is a standard material used in automotive and marine under-the-hood, heater
and coolant applications. GFBN's enhanced impact resistance results from inclusion
of uniformly dispersed glass fibers that add strength to the resin: automotive industry
approvals.

Still lookin for a brass or stainless but they don't appear to come in that big a size.

Last edited by neile; 07-28-2008 at 08:59 PM.
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 01:33 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 1276
Thumbs up Cool Website ... THANKS !!!

Thanks for the research, website, and link. This always helps everyone out. I've saved the link to favorite places.

"God, Guns, and Guts made Texas free - at any price keep all three"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Many of them cried; ME NO ALAMO - ME NO GOLIAD, and for most of them these were the last words they spoke".

post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 03:26 AM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Multiple Bullitts
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00736
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMarkus
We have a heater???? At first I thought you were talking about the '08 's only!

Man, those 08 Bulls come with everything: Radio, Sat. Radio, IUP, that stainless steel dash-stuff, AND now they also come with a heater?? What will they think of next!??!
Maybe not everything. I mean our '01's do have a spare tire.

No tee for me. I also have the non-heated PSV.

post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 07:13 AM

Super BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 3345
Just saw this thread...

My heater hose tee went out last week. I guess these things have a built in timer! I got the replacement at O'Reilleys in the "HELP!" brand stuff. #47112 Heater hose tee. My local Autozone has the same part as well. I think it was under 4 dollars somewhere, I don't have the receipt anymore.

edit for a couple sources:

$2.98
http://www.partsamerica.com/productd...egoryCode=3117

$4.98
http://www.midwayautosupply.com/pm-1...-34-47112.aspx

DHG #3345 Few bolt-ons
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 12:14 AM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 5099
Found that local Auto Zone can order it, $8.99, 3 day delivery. Went to Checker and it was on the shelf, $4.90 out the door. In the glove box, now

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 03:21 AM

Super BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 3345
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by neile
Found that local Auto Zone can order it, $8.99, 3 day delivery. Went to Checker and it was on the shelf, $4.90 out the door. In the glove box, now
That's the same part I picked up. I know I got mine at O'Reilleys for under 4 bucks though. But hey, I'd have paid a dollar more at the time. Even 10. lol

DHG #3345 Few bolt-ons

Last edited by BeaterBullitt; 08-15-2008 at 03:24 AM.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 08:30 AM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Black
Bullitt Serialized Number: 03439
Yep... that's the same one I eneded up installing!

Knock on wood, but no problems what so ever and I've made some damn long trips in her in the last 2 months.

Born On 6/22/2001

SCT X2/MAC Offroad 3 piece H/CID Shaker/Eibach Pro Kit/Mach 1 Grill Delete/ Chin Spoiler/9.5x17 w/275's & 10.5x17 w/315's Black Bullets/Shift light/fog lights/Nitto 555 Extreme II's/Chaser System/SLP Line Lock/Steeda Tri-Ax/31 Spline/
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 11:50 PM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 00032
Well put my son's Bullitt in the "Broken Tee Club" membership. (Thankfully mine doesn't have this 7-year part). Ford, like everyone else experienced, was no help. We also installed the HELP tee instead. HOWEVER, the top hose is trash, with the bottom two looking not long for the world. If Ford was no help with the tee, I'm thinking they will also think I'm nuts when I ask for the hoses "that don't come on a Mustang". Anyone find a substitute for the top hose, which is a hermaphrodite that is 1/4" on one end, and 3/8" on the other? I'd rather find a proper hose, rather than rig something up.

Jeff Laughhunn

post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 12:09 AM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 00032
Which Ford-forum is run by that Randy - Whatshisname that is so helpful at hooking people up with parts?

Jeff Laughhunn

post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

Bullitt Color: Multiple Bullitts
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Laughhunn
Which Ford-forum is run by that Randy - Whatshisname that is so helpful at hooking people up with parts?
He's been on here lately. Check the '01 section. He listed his sites that he sell stuff.

post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 10:11 AM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Black
Bullitt Serialized Number: 03439
Quote:
Well put my son's Bullitt in the "Broken Tee Club" membership. (Thankfully mine doesn't have this 7-year part). Ford, like everyone else experienced, was no help. We also installed the HELP tee instead. HOWEVER, the top hose is trash, with the bottom two looking not long for the world. If Ford was no help with the tee, I'm thinking they will also think I'm nuts when I ask for the hoses "that don't come on a Mustang". Anyone find a substitute for the top hose, which is a hermaphrodite that is 1/4" on one end, and 3/8" on the other? I'd rather find a proper hose, rather than rig something up.
I found one of those hoses in the HELP section as well. I'll have to look and see if I bought it but I know I seen it. Now you got me thinking I should go get it if I didn't already.

Born On 6/22/2001

SCT X2/MAC Offroad 3 piece H/CID Shaker/Eibach Pro Kit/Mach 1 Grill Delete/ Chin Spoiler/9.5x17 w/275's & 10.5x17 w/315's Black Bullets/Shift light/fog lights/Nitto 555 Extreme II's/Chaser System/SLP Line Lock/Steeda Tri-Ax/31 Spline/
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

BullittHead

Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1465
I also bought the "HELP!" Tee from O'Reilys. The only thing that bothers me is that the Ford dealership has no clue to what part I was referring too. If I'm having problems finding this little part now what else am I to expect down the road? Good news is that they never stopped looking. I went there Wednesday to get my replacement ID sticker and they still had my broken tee there on the desk.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
i bought several of them just in case.

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 12:03 PM

Super BullittHead

Quote:

yup, 'dat's me
I got your message on that other site this morning and I think I know what your looking for and the part # is 387519-S100 but is discontinued from Ford, I have another part comming in todays stock order and I'll let you know what it looks like and if it'll work in place of the above part #, or as stated above by others, you can get these unequal T's in most parts stores....

ok, here's another one that may work, Ford part # 389278-S although the small nipple is a little larger, closer to 3/8" OD but wth a 1/4" ID

Last edited by Randy Stinchcomb; 10-06-2008 at 03:28 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode