Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

I was 1 lucky girl today!

2K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  TwoStangWmn 
#1 ·
I hate to admit this but: I went to Walmart with my 69 and parked as always way out in the parking lot. I left the car windows down as I wasn't going to be long, hence - unlocked. There was some activity in the parking lot not far from where I parked. There were 3 Sheriffs, 1 ambulance and 1 firetruck. I think I got distracted when I left my 69 as I left the keys in the car. I searched and searched my purse for the keys and ended up rushing out to the lot to see if my car was still there as I was sure I left the keys in the ignition, as I was distracted.

Sure enough, I did. My car has a toggle switch on the outside and just under the hood chrome so I am always sure to switch that when I park somewhere so no one can steal it.

The Mustang was still sitting there just like I had left it, keys in the ignition and all the windows rolled down. WHEW!!:redface::shock:

See less See more
#4 ·
:D One lucky woman!! Paul was right about the lottery ticket though. Glad your enjoying retirement. Been reading about your camping adventures. Enjoy. Being able to do what you want when you want is great or if you want to do nothing. So be it.

Reactions: TwoStangWmn
#5 ·
wow, so lucky!!! wouldn't have lasted anytime down here. glad it worked out all right!!!

#6 ·
I can hear the thief muttering to himself now. "What? The keys left in THIS car? Give me a break. This has got to be a set-up! No way am I stealing this one!"

:lol:

(Ding dong! Whatsamatta you!) :rolleyes:

#8 ·
:lol: Something that everyone has done at some point. (Just between us, I will admit to doing that more than once.)

For me, the 69 and 70 Mustang are my favorite. Years ago, I was in a Mustang restoration shop in FLA surrounded by Shelby's and lots of older classics. When the shop owner asked which was my favorite, I pointed to a Black 69 Fastback. Owner seemed shocked that I would choose that one over the Shelby. I just like that Body Style the best.

When we had our 70 convertible, it was also equipped with a ignition kill switch. Also had a hood lockout to keep someone from bypassing the kill switch. While not total protection, enough to stop someone for doing a quick snatch. Most thieved don't want to go to that much trouble.

Reactions: pwd72s
#15 · (Edited)
Pearl has the best theft-deterrent I've ever seen. It's made by Smith & Wesson. One evening I was in the far end of the house, about to get ready for bed, when suddenly from out back I hear BANG! BANG-BANG! BANG! I run to the back and there's Pearl, smoking gun in hand. "Bastards were trying to break into the garage!" she says. Needless to say, we never saw them again. And I'm sure that evening Kmart sold another package of Hanes underwear. :lol:

Any questions? :wink2:

#17 ·
Now that is the kind of neighbors that I like to have.

When my neighbor (across the street) starts working on his 1200hp 67 Pro-Street Camaro, several neighbors show up to "help". In the "uppity" neighborhoods with those McMansions and postage stamp lots, people would call the cops because of the noise. Here, yep the cops show up to join the party and check out the cars.

Reactions: pwd72s and Jimbob
#21 ·
Ballistics say the AK47 round has about the same accuracy and ft. lbs. of energy as my old lever action Winchester 30-30. The 7mm Reminton Magnum round my Elk hunting rifle uses makes either seem like a pop gun. Yet, those "black" rifles seem to scare the krap out of those unfamiliar with firearms.

(edit) All that said, I'd still recommend a good ol' 12 gauge pump with an 18" barrel as a primary home defense arm. Different tools for different jobs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.