40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
I want to cry..

What the hell happened, the cry of a young man as he looks at the old man in the mirror. Well, I feel the same about cars these days. Foot problems make clutch work difficult, but resisting buying a new Mustang GT to get an automatic because I don't like all the electronic bling...

So a thread in a Porsche site promped me to view a review of the latest and greatest 911 variant. As this guy sat inside the car, kind of oohing and ahhing over all the features, tears began to flow...a car that had soul in it's beginnings has now become...well, I dunno what.

I just want to cry. Just shoot me now. I no longer belong in this brave new world.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 12:30 AM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
I'm with you pal, my buddy just paid $200K(Can) for a 2016 GT-3 RS. A used car, I mean really, really!
pwd72s likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 11:51 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
Paul, I think the world has passed us by. So much happening these days that I just can't understand. Heck, what bathroom do I suppose to use today?

(Remember, I am in North Carolina. When the state tried to say males used male facilities and females used female facilities, ALL HECK BROKE LOOSE!).
sganow, FarmerDon and Marguerite like this.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Well, in a way, Mustang fans can say the same as long time Porsche fans.

That is...That a once lithe, lean, and lovely to look at car has evolved into a heavy and fast luxobarge overburdened with bling and electronics.

My only solace is knowing I'm not alone, that I'm not the only crusty old bastid who is an analog person trying to survive in a digital world.

Thinking of firing up my old turntable and digging out my American pie LP...
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 07:21 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6498
It Is What It Is!!!

Pwd72, I feel your pain...……….everything I touch has some digital issue to figure out. Nothing is simple.....

From cars to coffee pots...………..we have turned the world into a nightmare. I understand why people are nasty, and uncooperative. Everyone is just fed up with the NEW WORLD ORDER of problems and issues to do a simple task.
Here's the good news...…………...it's not going to get better!
I told my wife...... in the near future the lights will go out and never come back on again!

Hang in there...……..life could be worse...……

Take the BULLITT for a ride and shoot some pool!

Sad day here...……..put 2009 HG #6498 in Winter storage...…….see it in April 2020!

ARMY TC
FarmerDon and jws2008 like this.

IT MUST BE THE GREEN!!!!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Well, at least no snow and salt here, so I can drive mine rain or shine. Not quite true. We do get snow here on the Valley floor from time to time, but it usually gone in a few days. I just hunker down and wait for the rain to return. Lemme tell ya, it's much nicer to watch it drain away than have to shovel it.

Pool is better than golf...it can be played year 'round!

On the car thing...why do we need power adjustable everything? Hand adjustable mirrors and seats always worked okay for me. So did roll up windows. Those damned touch screens are dangerous distractions. Yet, all the youtube reviews have young guys going ga-ga over all the unneeded krap!

Well, it must sell...hopefully just not to me.
FarmerDon and jws2008 like this.

Last edited by pwd72s; 10-15-2019 at 08:30 PM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 08:26 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01152
Garage
I too have been lamenting the coming new cars. I thought the new 2019 Bullitt would be fun. It is, in it's own way. Everyone that has bought one is loving it, sorta everyone.

Some don't care that for 20K less they could drive the Ecoboost four and have similar numbers. The fact that the Eco isn't a V8 doesn't rattle them at all...

Some want the green on a CS, not the Bullitt. How different is a California Special equipment wise? Nit pickers...

But while the cost of the new Bullitt is high, it isn't out of line for similar cars coming from other shops.

I just don't feel the love for it that I have for my 01, or even the 7Up Anniversary car in our garage. Get behind the wheel of either of those and I know I am actually the driver. Not some nanny that is blipping my downshift for me! What the hell? Over! That really ticked me off! I don't know why, but I'd take it off and toss it into the unused parts box for some dolt to have reinstalled because he (the new owner is so dull) can't match engine speed to gear on a downshift.

And BTW. Yes my feet hurt too! But I devoutly refuse to give in!

My name is David J. Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me that. You can call me David. Or you can call me David J. Or you can call me David Midgley. But you doesn't have to call me David J. Midgley....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DavidMidgley; 10-15-2019 at 08:50 PM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 09:39 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01118
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMidgley View Post
Not some nanny that is blipping my downshift for me! What the hell? Over! That really ticked me off! I don't know why, but I'd take it off and toss it into the unused parts box for some dolt to have reinstalled because he (the new owner is so dull) can't match engine speed to gear on a downshift.

It's just computer code that can be bypassed by checking the "OFF" box so unless you want to rip some of the circuits out, I recommend just selecting it on the menu
bullit4404 likes this.

Tony Alonso
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - black, #1118, VIN 1FAFP42X21F213026
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt - highland green, #6323, VIN 1ZVHT82H995129122
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt - dark highland green, K1254, VIN 1FA6P8K06K5500726
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 11:51 AM

Bullitt Color: Former Owner
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1917
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
What the hell happened, the cry of a young man as he looks at the old man in the mirror. Well, I feel the same about cars these days. Foot problems make clutch work difficult, but resisting buying a new Mustang GT to get an automatic because I don't like all the electronic bling...

So a thread in a Porsche site promped me to view a review of the latest and greatest 911 variant. As this guy sat inside the car, kind of oohing and ahhing over all the features, tears began to flow...a car that had soul in it's beginnings has now become...well, I dunno what.

I just want to cry. Just shoot me now. I no longer belong in this brave new world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYLMKAIJRd8
Suck it up, Buttercup. We've lived too long. Admit it!

pwd72s and FarmerDon like this.

THE ETERNAL COW

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." --Yogi Berra
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
Suck it up, Buttercup. We've lived too long. Admit it!

Yep! Even the actuary tables say so. But hey! Doesn't that mean we beat the odds? Our prize for having done so is...uh...damnedifiknow.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 10:14 PM

BullittHead

Bullitt Color: TB
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4133
I've had this thought before. Im 47 now but if I ever couldn't clutch in my older years.... one option is to swap the manual for an auto. This could be frowned upon but if it means the difference in keeping or having to sell I would go auto and keep the manual in case it's sold or passed down to my kids.
DavidMidgley and Jimbob like this.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 10:20 PM

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Serialized Number: 2700
This is nothing new, electronics have been advancing for the last 30-40 years in our cars though I’ll admit at a much more rapid pace the last few years.

I’m no spring chicken, I’m in my 50’s and I was set on a base dash package GT before seeing the Bullitt. Now that I have one with the electrics package I really love it. You can make it appear like analog gauges no matter what mode your in and that’s what I did. It looks great!

I think it’s like anything else, you’ll get used to it and might even like it if you give it a chance. I’d guess your using a remote to change television channels on your TV and not getting up to change the channel right? Probably have a garage door opener and aren’t getting out in the rain to lift the door open? And you didn’t type this post on a typewriter and mail it to us all either, you used a computer, tablet or smartphone I’m sure, right?

Live a little and enjoy some of these advances!

Now regarding the video reviewer, Doug, I do not like how he over annunciates/emphasizes every other word for effect. I find it annoying, just speak in your normal voice, am I right?
Jimbob likes this.

Last edited by Fords4ever; 10-16-2019 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 06:45 PM

Super BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 0504
As one of the younger guys here, I have to say the best part of my 01 is the hydraulic steering, hydraulic brakes, cable clutch, and a real throttle cable. With the IRS, it can scare far more expensive cars through the corners.

I daily drive a volt, and the brake pedal varies based on how much power is in the battery. Its unnerving to say the least
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich M. View Post
I've had this thought before. Im 47 now but if I ever couldn't clutch in my older years.... one option is to swap the manual for an auto. This could be frowned upon but if it means the difference in keeping or having to sell I would go auto and keep the manual in case it's sold or passed down to my kids.
I discussed my problem on the S197 forum. Trans swap discussed. Anything is possible with enough money, but it really wasn't a sensible option.

Bottom line is I really do not want a new Mustang. Sorry...find myself thinking Lexus if I have to go with an electronics laden Luxobarge, might as well go with a company with a history of reliability and experience in that area.

So far, even though it's problematic, I'll stick with the '09 until I absolutely can't.
FarmerDon likes this.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 01:03 AM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 3122
Garage
I keep eyeing those older Jeeps with the snap off covers. Even less practical up here in the frigid northland than a Mustang! There is nothing new on the road that catches my eye besides Mustangs, Chargers and Camaros.

I preferentially drive a clutch, I’m not sure I would have bought the B if it had been an automatic. Luckily, my knees are still holding out, the day I can’t drive her is going to be a very sorry day in my life.

I spent the better part of two days spiffing up the B for the last car show of the season a couple weekends ago. Turned out to be a high of 51 F, overcast all day, 30 mph wind gusts. She’s still spiffy, I don’t like car shows _that_ much.
DavidMidgley likes this.

--
I had the right to remain silent... but I didn't have the ability.
-Ron White

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode