Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

The 2028 Mustang E

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  pwd72s 
#1 · (Edited)
They keep advertising that there is a segment on CNN tonight on the electric Mustang. Haven't seen it yet.

#6 ·
:D Amen to that statement!! Mustang II was a farce but kept the mustang name. Fox bodies with the leaking hatchbacks were another lesson not learned. Now put the Mustang name on a hatchback suv!!!! Electric I can handle. >:) GEEZ:nerd2:

Reactions: sganow and waycad
#4 ·
Too late to get Ford to listen...they've spent a bundle in development. Might be another Edsel sales wise.

From a Porsche board I visit...I laughed at this post, but it does make a point.

"Originally Posted by pavulon View Post

In the end, I hope that the transition b/w ICE and electric powered cars is comparable to the mind scramble of transitioning from piston powered aircraft to gas turbines with the added benefit of lower emissions. In the mean-time, Ford has managed to make the answer to a question nobody asked. "What if we made an electric Aztek?" "

#8 ·
pwd72s...……
I hear you. My sell by date tells me that things are changing. The next generation that has future plans doesn't think like we do.

I'm not sure where this is all headed...…….

I honestly think that FORD made a big mistake using the Mustang name for the EV...….

Like you, I got excited about the 2019 BULLITT and then I feel FORD missed part of the sales demographics by not offering a 10 spd auto and appeasing the new generation with black wheels.

So, I sit on the sidelines watching...……..and shining my 2009.

ARMY TC

#9 ·
Jack Baruth:

The saddest part of this is that the Mustang II made money for Ford, but the Mach-E is less of a functional business proposition than a sacrifice to the Molochian deity of modern progressive and collectivist thought. Everybody at the Detroit automakers, and at all the other automakers, knows that electric cars in their current form are a complete fantastical piece of nonsense; they hoover up rare and strategic materials from supply chains that make OPEC look like your friendly neighborhood tree farm while placing massive drains on national electric grids that currently don’t appear adequate to the task of powering all the PlayStations in California. The electric emperor isn’t just naked, he’s stark-raving mad. If you’re foolish enough to point this out, you get a one-way helicopter ride out of the investor class.

Electric cars, like a surprising and dismaying number of other social trends at the moment, have almost no popular support but are nonetheless considered “inevitable” by the media/government/industrial complex. The plain fact is that they are niche products — and they will remain niche products until at least three separate miracles happen in their production, distribution, and refueling. This should inspire Ford to be as cautious as possible, but instead it is taking the one nameplate it has left with any equity—Mustang—and slapping it on what looks like exactly the same vehicle everyone else is developing.

I’ve noticed for a while now that a surprising number of people in the car business are actively ashamed of what they do for a living. The gasoline-powered automobile has done more to improve our lives than almost any other individual invention known to man, but it’s also seen as a low-class, stinking, hopelessly ignorant amusement of the proletariat by the chattering classes who can’t get enough of completely meaningless bibelot trinkets like the AirPods or Airbnb. These people cannot understand our attachment to the automobile, and since they cannot understand it, they fear it. Since they fear it, they have sworn to destroy it. No doubt the heretical aspect of calling this vehicle a “Mustang” is a feature and not a bug to a whole class of individuals who despise the American love affair with the car and who delight in anything that helps destroy that love affair. It’s not that they don’t care about our emotional involvement with Mustangs, it’s that they are actively working to tear that involvement down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.