• 4 Post By pwd72s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
BEST BULLITT Nats 06

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00344
The 2028 Mustang E

They keep advertising that there is a segment on CNN tonight on the electric Mustang. Haven't seen it yet.

~Vicki~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TwoStangWmn; 11-18-2019 at 10:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 12:03 AM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
Looking at pics, can't help but notice that it's side profile is almost identical to my honorary nephew's Chevy Volt...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 01:51 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Color: TB
Bullitt Serialized Number: 05019
I don't think they should have called it a Mustang. Just my opinion.
pwd72s and FarmerDon like this.

TB Bullitt #5019

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 02:55 PM
Supporting Member

Too late to get Ford to listen...they've spent a bundle in development. Might be another Edsel sales wise.

From a Porsche board I visit...I laughed at this post, but it does make a point.

"Originally Posted by pavulon View Post

In the end, I hope that the transition b/w ICE and electric powered cars is comparable to the mind scramble of transitioning from piston powered aircraft to gas turbines with the added benefit of lower emissions. In the mean-time, Ford has managed to make the answer to a question nobody asked. "What if we made an electric Aztek?" "
FarmerDon likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 02:47 AM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Too late to get Ford to listen...they've spent a bundle in development. Might be another Edsel sales wise.

From a Porsche board I visit...I laughed at this post, but it does make a point.

"Originally Posted by pavulon View Post

In the end, I hope that the transition b/w ICE and electric powered cars is comparable to the mind scramble of transitioning from piston powered aircraft to gas turbines with the added benefit of lower emissions. In the mean-time, Ford has managed to make the answer to a question nobody asked. "What if we made an electric Aztek?" "
I'm not so sure that the Porsche version is much better cosmetically, but that's just my opinion...

pwd72s likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 09:35 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 01251
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sganow View Post
I don't think they should have called it a Mustang. Just my opinion.
Amen to that statement!! Mustang II was a farce but kept the mustang name. Fox bodies with the leaking hatchbacks were another lesson not learned. Now put the Mustang name on a hatchback suv!!!! Electric I can handle. GEEZ
sganow and waycad like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DHG # 01251-130,000+ miles -ACCEL COP's-LED 3rd Brake Light-Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback Exhaust-Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks-KYB Axle Damper Shocks-Bullitt Center Caps from On in 60-JLT RAI DHG -Chin Spoiler -Mach 1 Grille Delete-FarmerDons Custom Mesh Grille Insert

USAF 70-74
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 01:06 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Mach1 View Post
I'm not so sure that the Porsche version is much better cosmetically, but that's just my opinion...

https://youtu.be/Ud03Hl9yZMo
It's not...and the reaction from Porsche fans is much the same as on the "Mustang"...let's just say not all that favorable.

(edit) You know, when the '19 Bullitt came out, I found myself reading all the net hype and the video reviews. Fell in love with little Molly McQueen and that opening parking garage video. Seriously considered buying one but my now wonky left ankle making clutch work difficult and a dislike of TV dashes had me deciding no.

This electric mini SUV labeled a Mustang? Well, the hype is an annoyance. To have labeled it a Mustang? Well...we'll see. The market has yet to make it's decision. I've made mine.
FarmerDon and bullit4404 like this.

Last edited by pwd72s; 11-19-2019 at 01:38 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 10:02 AM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Color: Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6498
pwd72s...……
I hear you. My sell by date tells me that things are changing. The next generation that has future plans doesn't think like we do.

I'm not sure where this is all headed...…….

I honestly think that FORD made a big mistake using the Mustang name for the EV...….

Like you, I got excited about the 2019 BULLITT and then I feel FORD missed part of the sales demographics by not offering a 10 spd auto and appeasing the new generation with black wheels.

So, I sit on the sidelines watching...……..and shining my 2009.

ARMY TC
pwd72s, FarmerDon and bullit4404 like this.

IT MUST BE THE GREEN!!!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 02:31 PM
Supporting Member

Jack Baruth:

The saddest part of this is that the Mustang II made money for Ford, but the Mach-E is less of a functional business proposition than a sacrifice to the Molochian deity of modern progressive and collectivist thought. Everybody at the Detroit automakers, and at all the other automakers, knows that electric cars in their current form are a complete fantastical piece of nonsense; they hoover up rare and strategic materials from supply chains that make OPEC look like your friendly neighborhood tree farm while placing massive drains on national electric grids that currently don’t appear adequate to the task of powering all the PlayStations in California. The electric emperor isn’t just naked, he’s stark-raving mad. If you’re foolish enough to point this out, you get a one-way helicopter ride out of the investor class.

Electric cars, like a surprising and dismaying number of other social trends at the moment, have almost no popular support but are nonetheless considered “inevitable” by the media/government/industrial complex. The plain fact is that they are niche products — and they will remain niche products until at least three separate miracles happen in their production, distribution, and refueling. This should inspire Ford to be as cautious as possible, but instead it is taking the one nameplate it has left with any equity—Mustang—and slapping it on what looks like exactly the same vehicle everyone else is developing.

I’ve noticed for a while now that a surprising number of people in the car business are actively ashamed of what they do for a living. The gasoline-powered automobile has done more to improve our lives than almost any other individual invention known to man, but it’s also seen as a low-class, stinking, hopelessly ignorant amusement of the proletariat by the chattering classes who can’t get enough of completely meaningless bibelot trinkets like the AirPods or Airbnb. These people cannot understand our attachment to the automobile, and since they cannot understand it, they fear it. Since they fear it, they have sworn to destroy it. No doubt the heretical aspect of calling this vehicle a “Mustang” is a feature and not a bug to a whole class of individuals who despise the American love affair with the car and who delight in anything that helps destroy that love affair. It’s not that they don’t care about our emotional involvement with Mustangs, it’s that they are actively working to tear that involvement down.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode