43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #226 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Bullitt Year: 68
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1PP06
Garage
I think we need to treat whatever is giving you hang ups as a fresh case. Been a long time and multiple updates since initial reporting.

So, though I'm sure this is somewhere in the 225+ posts, browser and device you are on?

Kevin

If you need Admin Assistance please post below:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
actually been ongoing since I first reported this as can be seen in the various posts, not just by me. it's not fresh.

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #228 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

back at again the last two days.

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #229 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Bullitt Year: 68
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1PP06
Garage
The issue itself is fresh, but I don't feel it's the right call to assume it's the same cause. Not with month long gaps in reporting.

I running with Chrome and PC, and from random checks around the site I'm not recreating any slow downs or failed loads. Next time you get this, can you link the page you were on

Kevin

If you need Admin Assistance please post below:

post #230 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

got it trying to get on the site when I reported it and three times just now. got it when the page came up and clicked on recent posts, last 8 hours; got it when I clicked on this thread. then I finally got to this thread. in all cases I got this

Database error
The database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.imboc.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.imboc.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I don't, nor will I ever use, chrome. I use firefox and pc, windows 10.

and I don't assume anything. the cause may change, the result is what I see, which is the same. thus, for me, it's the same. thanks
pwd72s likes this.

post #231 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01251
Tim I got Database error 4 or 4 times just now. So itís not you alone. Iím using an iPad about 10 mo old.
pwd72s likes this.

DHG # 01251-130,000+ miles -ACCEL COP's-LED 3rd Brake Light-Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback Exhaust-Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks-KYB Axle Damper Shocks-Bullitt Center Caps from On in 60-JLT RAI DHG -Chin Spoiler -Mach 1 Grille Delete-FarmerDons Custom Mesh Grille Insert

USAF 70-74
post #232 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 07:43 PM
BEST BULLITT Nats 06

Bullitt Serialized Number: 00344
I also am getting "Data base error" on my explorer and chrome. Just today....
pwd72s likes this.

post #233 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

Thanks for the validation guys!!!! Now it isn't just me jumping the gaps!!!!!
pwd72s likes this.

post #234 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Car Whisperer

just got this again, trying to go to the motivational poster thread from an e-mail link.

Database error
The database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.imboc.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.imboc.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

looks familiar!!!!
pwd72s likes this.

post #235 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 01:37 AM

Mega BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 0000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Mach1 View Post
I'm beginning to think that it's the forum software:

imboc.com: powered by vBadvanced (occasional database errors and sometimes slow)

allfordmustangs.com: powered by XYZScripts (slower than imboc)

s197forum.com: powered by XenForo (always super quick)

These are just my amateur observations...
Quoting myself regarding a theory about the forum software -- the Admin even gave me a 'like' on this post from May 2019. I don't know how an Admin could not replicate the issue in the last 24 hours. It's happening on multiple platforms and multiple browsers, and multiple times during multiple sessions! It even happened while writing this post -- fortunately everything came back by refreshing the page...

Edit: I also got a 'Database Error' when I hit the submit button -- again, refreshing the page fixed it.
pwd72s likes this.

Last edited by 73Mach1; 10-11-2019 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Additional info
post #236 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 02:28 AM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6380
Me too..database error...I got to the forums by going to the IMBOC home page first, then clicking on forums. A royal PITA.
post #237 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 08:17 AM

Bullitt Serialized Number: 01251
SOS this morning. Database error to even log in. Refresh and Iím in. Geeeez!!!
pwd72s likes this.

DHG # 01251-130,000+ miles -ACCEL COP's-LED 3rd Brake Light-Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback Exhaust-Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks-KYB Axle Damper Shocks-Bullitt Center Caps from On in 60-JLT RAI DHG -Chin Spoiler -Mach 1 Grille Delete-FarmerDons Custom Mesh Grille Insert

USAF 70-74
post #238 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 10:44 AM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
For me, it had been extremely stable for a few months. Starting yesterday, I also starting getting the DATABASE ERROR. It is a BIG issue today. Using Windows 10 with Edge.
pwd72s likes this.
post #239 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 02:48 PM

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: Former Owner
Bullitt Serialized Number: 1917
Exclamation

History repeated itself the past few days. I think they might have it fixed, though. So far, no "Database Error" monkey business today (cross your fingers)...

But, I just jumped on the site, so.............

If it starts again, well...

THE ETERNAL COW

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." --Yogi Berra

Last edited by Jimbob; 10-11-2019 at 02:55 PM.
post #240 of 243 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 04:08 PM
BEST BULLITT Nats 06

Bullitt Serialized Number: 00344
Working for me too since this morning.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode