Once upon a time ....... - IMBOC
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By MrStangman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Once upon a time .......

Once upon a time I sold my 08 Bullitt #203 Now 3 and a half years later I find back on the same dealer lot I traded it in on. The sticky price is like 23k and it has 64 k miles on it. I talked to the salesman who didn't have a clue about the car. I kept a low profile about the car asking all kinds of questions and even getting a carfax on the car . Low and behold the person who had bought it from that dealer had kept it 3 and half years and actually took quite good care of it . Yet he racked up 54K additional miles since the time I traded it in.

I drove the car and it drove rather quite well. I opened it up so to speak while getting on the freeway . I took it up to 80 pretty quickly pinning the salesman into the passenger seat and brought it back down to 70 After the drive we talked numbers and finally left with thier lowest offer of of about 21k after T&L with my 1500 trade in value on my 96 Chrysler New Yorker go to work car. Which means 72 months at 10% interest and 400 month payments .

The real questions remain and they are ... Do I buy it back cuz I know its history? OR do I pass it by and wait for another lower mile Bullitt for the same price OR a higher mileage Bullitt at a lower price? OR totally pass and just keep and enjoy my 68 Replica?

Talk to me my fellow Bullitt owners .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 3383
Garage
Hmm Bullitt for a daily driver and a 68 in the garage for fun! works for me!! Personally I would look for a lower mileage one unless you want your car back!!! Something to be said for that....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 08:33 AM

GONE TO PLAID!

Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01994
Garage
frankly, I would pass just on the price alone..... in my opinion they are asking way to much for the miles on the car. too many other bullitts out there in much better condition and much lower miles going for less money.

and whats with the 10% interest at 72 months anyway ?

they are killing you on all 3 basic elements of a car deal
1) asking price of THEIR vehicle ( too high )
2) financing / interest rate ( way to high ) depending on your credit / rating
3) trade in allowance : 1500 is at best wholesale depending on condition etc so they
aren't doing you any favors in that department either

18-20k tops as sales price on theirs, 6% INTEREST max, and 2k for yours in trade or keep it and sell privately ( the sales tax savings on 1500 just isn't worth it )

mark...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 3107
Pass on it. The interest rate is also ridiculous. Contact a local credit union for your loan. Or, a bank. NEVER use the dealer for financing unless it is a special rate from Ford, etc. You should find a very low mile Bullitt for that price or much cheaper for the miles that one has. For your own sake, please look around.

K3107 Mods: dual horns. Soon Steeda tune.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 12:21 AM
Inactive

Bullitt Serialized Number: 3423
Smile

MrStangman,

Good-Luck on your final decision.

No wrong call really it just comes down to what you want.

tigerhonaker
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Thanks all for your responses . I say ...Yeeeeeuuuuup I agree with Texas Bullitt Price too High,Mileage too high,Interest too high. Probably the salesman was too high He did call me back with a a lower interest rate and payment of $365 month and 6.99% interest. My credit is not so good cuz of a BK I had in the past. My employment history is good 17yrs plus same company and I am on the road to financial recovery.

Come to think of it the 08 Bullitt would have to be the daily driver. With that in mind I just cannot see pullin the trigger on it . Ya it was fun driving it back from La Palma Cal when I first got it and putting another 5k miles on it but thats about it.

After driving the 08 again It just doesn't feel enough like retro 68 especially on the inside it's too much like a 67. I guess that's why they have an aftermarket industry. I'll stick with my replica for now . Target date for "Show & Tell" is July 21st for the Mustang RoundUp at Bellevue Comunity College Hope to see alot of you there. This year Bullits have their own classes One for the 01s and one for the 08/09s For more info go to [email protected]
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 19
Bullitt Serialized Number: 3107
MrStangman I think you made a good decision

K3107 Mods: dual horns. Soon Steeda tune.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Monster BullittHead

Hello Everyone
It's been awhile .... like 6 years lol... Well your not going to believe this, Bullitt # 203 has come back into my life and this time I bought it
with 114K on the clock and at $10,500 runs great. has some upgrades, looks great and has stayed in the Great Nortwest. recent clutch,plugs,differential fluids changed at 96 K Tires,Sequential tail lights,Flowmaster Outlaw exhaust, battery and wipers at 113K
Has slotted cross drilled rotors and is fun to drive again. Woo Hoo
pwd72s, FarmerDon, B3NN3TT and 1 others like this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 01:18 PM

PY-Like BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Serialized Number: 0852
Congratulations MrStangman. You and #203 was just meant to be.

Hope you can hold on to the for the rest of your (or the car's) life. I have several cars, including #852, that I expect to be with me as long as I am "above ground".

Last edited by JackDW - 852; 08-27-2019 at 05:55 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 02:20 PM
BEST BULLITT Nats 06

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00344
Pete, you did it! You are one of us again! Start thinking of some Northwest Bullitt cruises for the spring/summertime.

It was great talking to you yesterday.

~Vicki~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode