LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #421 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 02:40 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtrae03130 View Post
stock ones i guess... didn't know there were options..

they make the struts according to the weight of the hood, thus the resistance to collapsing. the stock ones, may, over time, take it's toll on the thinner, lighter fiberglass of your hood....i.e.. make it crack. This due to the increased amount of pressure required to close the hood. the stock will have more resistance to closing and that is what creates the potential damage.

I was going to put some on mine and decided against. It. I think I still have the ones for a much lighter hood if you want those. do you know what your hood weighs?
bullit4404 likes this.

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 03130
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
they make the struts according to the weight of the hood, thus the resistance to collapsing. the stock ones, may, over time, take it's toll on the thinner, lighter fiberglass of your hood....i.e.. make it crack. This due to the increased amount of pressure required to close the hood. the stock will have more resistance to closing and that is what creates the potential damage.

I was going to put some on mine and decided against. It. I think I still have the ones for a much lighter hood if you want those. do you know what your hood weighs?
no I dont know what the hood weighs but its not much..
bullit4404 likes this.

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications mostly suspension and braking work for the fun twisty roads. and an teenage(15) female Mechanic who wants to track her car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #423 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Car Whisperer

my guess is somewhere around the same as mine which if I recall is like 22lbs. much lighter than stock. if you are interested, let me know.
bullit4404 likes this.

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #424 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
my guess is somewhere around the same as mine which if I recall is like 22lbs. much lighter than stock. if you are interested, let me know.
sure if you arent going to use them..
bullit4404 likes this.

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications mostly suspension and braking work for the fun twisty roads. and an teenage(15) female Mechanic who wants to track her car.

post #425 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Car Whisperer

will verify I still have them...pretty sure I do.

post #426 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Went over to Matt's today to scan his 08 Bullitt and see what is going on with the check engine light and the miss and knocking he got on Saturday.
Scanned the car and got a PO340 and a PO012.
The car started fine when he loaded it up on the tow truck to bring it home and when he unloaded it off the truck. so next he will need to replace the Camshaft Position actuator sensor. other than that a slow day here at the shop. everyone have a great day and enjoy Super Sunday. I am watching some Hockey right now...
bullit4404 likes this.

post #427 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 01:45 PM
Charles

GONE TO PLAID!

Bullitt Color: Multiple Bullitts
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00736
Ed,

The camshaft sensor is very common for diode problems in the alternator. Get the alternator checked and make sure the battery is fully charged. It can cause a lot of gremlins and false codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VIC-TIM and bullit4404 like this.

post #428 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt 736 View Post
Ed,

The camshaft sensor is very common for diode problems in the alternator. Get the alternator checked and make sure the battery is fully charged. It can cause a lot of gremlins and false codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the car had a miss on the track but was fine when he parked it for a little while then missed on the way home when he got into his neighborhood, and then after sitting it was fine again. then when he went out in the car about a half hour driving he got a bad miss and possible knock noise. got it towed home and then it was fine. i will let him know bout the Alternator issue, he did mention it and we shall see.
bullit4404 likes this.

post #429 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 05:13 PM

Super BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 5546
Showed Jake Lamotta the codes and he suggested that we should switch the two CM's and redo the scan.

That should say if it is the alternator or the CM.

Glad it's nothing internal.

Going to install my red air cleaner so the wheel wells have some brotherhood there at the front end.

MC
Aceblade and bullit4404 like this.
post #430 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 07:39 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
You all may be right. Could be a combo of everything, low battery, struggling Alternator, cam sensor, weak coil/s, etc. Car is 10 years old and has been "rode hard," from time to time. Good luck and keep us informed.

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #431 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 10:30 PM
Car Whisperer

alleged lighter hood struts found. brand new, never installed. pm sent to you. boxed in what I got them in and ready to go. be sure to check the tension to insure they are in fact lighter. don't want to damage your hood if they are stronger.
edtrae03130 and bullit4404 like this.

post #432 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Car Whisperer

should be there monday
bullit4404 likes this.

post #433 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Got the struts. been busy with the Mechanic having the Flu and work,will check them out soon.. hope all is well over there. i will be over your way Tomorrow. Thursday maybe we could have lunch..let me know.

post #434 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 02:20 PM

Super BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 09
Bullitt Color: B
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6071
is the ride better with the KYB shocks and struts?
post #435 of 488 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud#6071 View Post
is the ride better with the KYB shocks and struts?
i likes the ride with the KYB shocks and struts but started to do more track events so i wanted the Bilsteins on the car for better performance as the KYB 's were stock replacements style and not adjustable.
bullit4404 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode