LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #436 of 489 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 10:45 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtrae03130 View Post
Got the struts. been busy with the Mechanic having the Flu and work,will check them out soon.. hope all is well over there. i will be over your way Tomorrow. Thursday maybe we could have lunch..let me know.

just saw this!!! if you were over, sorry to have missed the opportunity to get together!!!

this site does not give me any notifications anymore to my e-mail of threads I am following. it hasn't for quite awhile. don't know why and neither do they.

hope the mechanic is feeling better!!!!!!!!!!

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #437 of 489 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 03130
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
just saw this!!! if you were over, sorry to have missed the opportunity to get together!!!

this site does not give me any notifications anymore to my e-mail of threads I am following. it hasn't for quite awhile. don't know why and neither do they.
no worries my friend. all is good yesterday was busy...

hope the mechanic is feeling better!!!!!!!!!!
she is home sick still but getting better got meds and rest .... will be at the shop saturday putting motor back in Roadrunner. might video some stuff for the channel...
FarmerDon and bullit4404 like this.

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications mostly suspension and braking work for the fun twisty roads. and an teenage(15) female Mechanic who wants to track her car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #438 of 489 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 05:27 PM
Car Whisperer

glad she is better. good luck tomorrow!!!!

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #439 of 489 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks ,
We got the motor back in car and checked the tolerance for the transmission input shaft all is good. went to install clutch and pressure plate and they sent him a new clutch but it is larger than the old disc and rubs on the pressure plate so need to get the proper one... that stalled us out till it comes in . Chuck and Maridyth came by the shop and hung out with us for the day. she got a new challenger and was bringing it over to show it to us. originally we were going to look at an exhaust buzz but the dealer finally figured out it is an issue in the resonator causing the buzz. a back pressure sensor or something along that line so her 2 month old car is getting its 3rd exhaust with the new upgraded sensors. next weekend i have track instruction on sat then back at the shop sunday.... busy busy busy..
VIC-TIM and bullit4404 like this.

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications mostly suspension and braking work for the fun twisty roads. and an teenage(15) female Mechanic who wants to track her car.

post #440 of 489 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well this weekend I spent Saturday at the track instructing and Sunday afternoon in the shop working on the Roadrunner and finally installing the race seats in the Pandora. Next we need to finish getting getting the transmission in and measure for the drive shaft. But that will be in a few weeks as next Saturday is the Mid Florida Mustang club show and the next weekend I will be up at the track again. So I will Update more when I can. Please check out the video and let me know what yo think in the comments.
tossass4370 and bullit4404 like this.

post #441 of 489 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 10:22 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
Looking good Ed!. Show us the completion of all projects.
edtrae03130 likes this.

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #442 of 489 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 11:15 PM
Car Whisperer

thanks for all the updates!!!great stuff. you'll have to let me know when you have a free saturday for the red machine!!!!
edtrae03130 likes this.

post #443 of 489 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
thanks for all the updates!!!great stuff. you'll have to let me know when you have a free saturday for the red machine!!!!
Will do my friend, anytime you are ready just let me know....

post #444 of 489 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Good Morning everyone. while spending a little time cleaning under the hood for the show Saturday. I took the time to switch out the hood struts that i received from TimSpeed and man what a difference. the hood does not go up as fast and harsh as the ones provided with the kit. it is much more controllable. once again Thanks to Tim and his crew over there at TIMSPEED for the knowledge and parts. tonight I will be back out here making sure everything is good with the interior and trunk. The show is about 10 mins from my house so i don't think i need to bring my tool box. but will throw my tent in there just in case we need it for some shade.
bullit4404 likes this.

post #445 of 489 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 08:23 AM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 00040
Ed, really like the looks of your shop. Great job. Not a bad corral of cars also....
bullit4404 likes this.

Dave DHG#00040 - Front Chin Spoiler, MGW, Fog Lights, Retro Rings, Drilled and Sloted Rotors and Ceramic Performance Pads, Russell Steel Brake Lines,
Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, MAC Prochamber, 3.73 Ford Racing Gears, JLT CAI, Ford Aluminum Drive Shaft
post #446 of 489 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt 40 View Post
Ed, really like the looks of your shop. Great job. Not a bad corral of cars also....
The shop and car corral is my brothers stuff. My corral consists of a 2001 Bullitt and 1986 Mustang GT convertible... but thank you. it is a lot of fun working on those cars and hanging out with my brother.
bullit4404 likes this.

post #447 of 489 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 06:59 PM
Car Whisperer

well Timspeed performance traveled to Traekner Performance for the upgrades to my son's Mustang. first set of bullitt springs installed courtesy of Wayne. Thanks again Wayne!!!!

installed at the same time were new upper and lower rear control arms. bushings were shot in the oem arms. car was all over the place with old ones. now all is tight and good. a really long day for sure for all of us to get it done on our backs in the garage.

Sorry, no pictures. just too much work and too long a day to even think about that. also too dirty to hold our phones.

my son described the new feel to the car as "sturdy". Ok, I will take that!!!!!

Ed and I were both ready for a bath of ice after that one!!!! Many thanks again to Ed for his offering to help, his assistance and all of his hard work. A truly good friend and great mechanic.

post #448 of 489 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Tim it was my pleasure to work with you on this project. it was a long day but it flew by very quickly. It is true time does fly when you are having fun.... here is the one picture i took during the day. Sam Supervising the installation of the last wheel after we fought with the spring....

Sunday was no time for the ice bath. went to the shop had breakfast and then got to work on Rachel. I am happy to report the transmission is in place and torqued to spec. we measured for the drive shaft and should have that by next Wednesday. She is getting closer after a long period of sleeping. still have some things to do but we got a lot of progress done on her. Skipped lunch both days, but it was worth it. Did go out for dinner and have a green beer to celebrate.

All in all it was a very productive weekend. next is new springs on the serpent. Maybe this one we do on the lift at the shop.
bullit4404 likes this.

post #449 of 489 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 09:44 AM

Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01625
Garage
You're welcome, Tim.
post #450 of 489 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Rachel Got her new drive shaft. She is getting closer to being on the road. a ton of little annoying things to do now. Plus ordered new door hinge bolts for the nerdy girl as I snapped another one off sunday trying to adjust the sagging door that doesn't want to close right.. here is a quick video. Enjoy..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode