LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #451 of 491 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 07:43 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: No Bullitt
Bullitt Serialized Number: 9999
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 491 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 03130
Garage
Well update on Sunday. Was a busy day and we got a lot done
VIC-TIM likes this.

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications mostly suspension and braking work for the fun twisty roads. and an teenage(15) female Mechanic who wants to track her car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #453 of 491 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:56 PM
Car Whisperer

very cool!!!!

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

post #454 of 491 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
And away we go Rachel is off the lift, Driving off under her own power for the first time in a long time. But I am getting ahead of myself. Friday night we looked at a Car for my stepson Josh. His Grandpa is selling his old 2010 Ford Fusion. Well Josh is 6'5" and could not fit and sit in the car comfortably. the car was a good deal so we bought it for the Mechanic, even though she is not driving solo yet and wont be till December. she has plenty of time to get comfortable with the car and we can do some things to it until she is ready. we will register the car so she can learn in it and enjoy driving her car. she is so excited.

Then sunday it was back at the shop to work on the cars there here is another Video of what we did.
Bullitt 40 likes this.

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications mostly suspension and braking work for the fun twisty roads. and an teenage(15) female Mechanic who wants to track her car.

post #455 of 491 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 04:41 PM
Supporting Member

Bullitt Year: 08
Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4404
Sounds like you've got an exhaust leak on the Mopar. And, the GM as well.
The Fusion is a good safe car. Turtle wax Oxy upholstery cleaner is needed. Will take several applications! Have fun.

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
post #456 of 491 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 07:45 PM
Car Whisperer

very cool!!!! what's the compression ratio on the RR?

post #457 of 491 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit4404 View Post
Sounds like you've got an exhaust leak on the Mopar. And, the GM as well.
The Fusion is a good safe car. Turtle wax Oxy upholstery cleaner is needed. Will take several applications! Have fun.
yes the mopar leak will be fixed at exhaust shop the GM is another story a lot needed. long list... yes we have been using oxy on the seats and she is getting better.. thanks again
bullit4404 likes this.

post #458 of 491 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:09 PM
Supporting Member

If the Fusion hasn't had a tranny service yet, it would be a good idea. The Mopar looks nice.
edtrae03130 likes this.

post #459 of 491 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Another weekend of fun with Cars...
FarmerDon likes this.

post #460 of 491 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:37 AM
Car Whisperer

great work over there!!!

post #461 of 491 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well the last couple of weekends have been busy at the shop. getting The Bullitt ready for Daytona. A day out at the FIRM. then more work at the shop. This saturday we installed the roll bar in the RTR. here is the video. check it out and let me know what you think.
Bullitt 40 and greenbull4439 like this.

post #462 of 491 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 10:30 PM
Supporting Member

Nice job. I usually silicone seal around the brackets underneath, and put a little fluid film on all the bolts. Keeps the rusties away.
That's a nice bar, looks good. If you find the cabin is boomy noisy, you can put some dyna mat on the floor under the back seat delete and on the trunk floor. (just use separate pieces on the fuel pump access plates, in case you need to get them out.
Got a hybrid Hans device yet? Or, a regular Hans if you go to harnesses? $1000 brain $1000 helmet and Hans, $10 brain......
Have fun at Daytona, coming down off the banking to the infield section has a high pucker factor.
edtrae03130 likes this.

post #463 of 491 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 11:09 PM
Car Whisperer

nice!!!!

post #464 of 491 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 01:07 AM

Bullitt Color: HG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 4370
I put a Watson roll bar in BLLTT, with the FRP X-brace and back seat delete. 2 half days of measuring many times, drilling once and got it right.
Yes, with the back seat delete, the rear music does increase, but I like it.
Look at roll bar padding for any for anywhere helmet-head or arms can hit roll bar. Upper hoop, upper diagonal and horizontal bar between seats.
I put a halon fire bottle on lower diagonal with a Scott Drake mount.
Cool Tech make a great waist harness bracket that replaces the rear bolt in the front seat mount.
Research has shown 2" lap belts work better and hans devices use 2" straps. Schroth makes a 2" 4 pt harness that prevents submarining. I put in 6 pt, with sub straps threaded between seat bottom and back.
Rick should invest in a hans device now. Some track groups (HOD) require a hans device when a harness is used. Comfort is important. Go to a race shop and get fitted. Each model fits different and the price points vary. I got a Schroth.
And flipping the head rest with a paper clip allows the helmet and hans to fit naturally.
The Simpson hybrid hans costs more than more than a regular hans and harnesses.
bullit4404 likes this.

Last edited by tossass4370; 04-29-2019 at 01:15 AM.
post #465 of 491 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:09 AM
Supporting Member

Yes, roll bar padding, and not the mushy stuff, the real race padding with high density foam. A good fire bottle is required now isn't it?
Most big clubs require a Hans now, PCA, BMW, etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode