Traenkner Performance open Tomorrow - Page 32 - IMBOC
 259Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #466 of 476 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 01:39 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Year: 01
Bullitt Color: Dark Highland Green
Bullitt Serialized Number: 00040
Hey Ed, just ran 2 track days at Daytona in early April in my GT350. In the last session on the last day, I caught a rock thru the windshield just at the braking point heading into the Chicane on back stretch. Lesson is don't follow too close into that section because of all the rocks kicked up at both ends of the Chicano. I'll try to come out and see you if I can. Good luck and have fun. By the way I finally hit the 170mph club this last time out at Daytona. Got it several times at start finish line, makes braking to infield turn in real interesting.
edtrae03130 and bullit4404 like this.

Dave DHG#00040 - Front Chin Spoiler, MGW, Fog Lights, Retro Rings, Drilled and Sloted Rotors and Ceramic Performance Pads, Russell Steel Brake Lines,
Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, MAC Prochamber, 3.73 Ford Racing Gears, JLT CAI, Ford Aluminum Drive Shaft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #467 of 476 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bullitt Serialized Number: 03130
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt 40 View Post
Hey Ed, just ran 2 track days at Daytona in early April in my GT350. In the last session on the last day, I caught a rock thru the windshield just at the braking point heading into the Chicane on back stretch. Lesson is don't follow too close into that section because of all the rocks kicked up at both ends of the Chicano. I'll try to come out and see you if I can. Good luck and have fun. By the way I finally hit the 170mph club this last time out at Daytona. Got it several times at start finish line, makes braking to infield turn in real interesting.
Cool Wow the 170 Club i wont be in that club with my 01 thats for sure. Hope to see you there if you can make it. I am looking forward to this but just found out 40 cars in the group should be interesting thats for sure..
Bullitt 40 and bullit4404 like this.

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications mostly suspension and braking work for the fun twisty roads. and an teenage(15) female Mechanic who wants to track her car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #468 of 476 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 03:17 PM

Monster BullittHead

Bullitt Serialized Number: 00040
40 cars is a bunch. I had 36 in my group in early April and that is too many. After the first day of 5 - 30 minute sessions, I would wait until about 15 minutes into my session and wait for others to drop out and come in and for the rest to get separated by their talent level, then go out and be able to pretty much run flat out the last 15 minutes of the session.
edtrae03130 and bullit4404 like this.

Dave DHG#00040 - Front Chin Spoiler, MGW, Fog Lights, Retro Rings, Drilled and Sloted Rotors and Ceramic Performance Pads, Russell Steel Brake Lines,
Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, MAC Prochamber, 3.73 Ford Racing Gears, JLT CAI, Ford Aluminum Drive Shaft

post #469 of 476 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The only work done at the shop this weekend was me washing the Lovebugs and track dirt off my Bullitt. Got to spend the day hanging out with Brian and driving some laps. We had a blast and no Agricultural experiences. we did kill some Lovebugs and my tires will need to be replaced soon. I will be changing the oil in the B and with new dipstick Per Lamotta Performance we will be running 6 qts in the Bullitts from now on.
Serpent and tossass4370 like this.

Bullitt 3130 has a few modifications mostly suspension and braking work for the fun twisty roads. and an teenage(15) female Mechanic who wants to track her car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #470 of 476 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:29 PM
Car Whisperer

Bullitt Year: No Bullitt
Bullitt Color: Black Cobra
Bullitt Serialized Number: 6840
looks like lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1996 SVT Cobra
was Frankenstang Bullitt #4923

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #471 of 476 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
looks like lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes it was a great time I am not sure how Brian felt being in the passenger seat but i don't think i scared him too much. it is very different not having control. that is probably the hardest part of instructing. I have been very lucky as there is a lot of run off and not a lot of concrete and so far had decent students.
Serpent and bullit4404 like this.

post #472 of 476 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:09 PM
Car Whisperer

and you have a lot of patience my friend which is critical in any teaching job.
FarmerDon and bullit4404 like this.

1996 SVT Cobra

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom.

"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"

post #473 of 476 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:30 PM

Bullitt Color: DHG
Bullitt Serialized Number: 01625
Garage
Ride 'em cowboy! Love it.
post #474 of 476 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well Spent the day here at the house working on Victoria's 2010 Ford Fusion. Also got over to Matt's and helped him with the install of his Variable Timing Solenoid on his 2008 Bullitt. That makes 2 cam sensors, Alternator and now this solenoid. hopefully this is the end of his issue. While I was doing this Rick was over at the shop working on his son Thomas's 1994 Chevy pickup with a 350. I have attached another Video for your enjoyment. Let me know what you think, and please subscribe we have some cool things coming soon. one is a 1979 Trans Am. and the other is Orange and has an 01 on the side?

post #475 of 476 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 11:56 PM
Car Whisperer

busy as usual over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1996 SVT Cobra

post #476 of 476 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 11:57 PM
Car Whisperer

TimSpeed been a bit busy over this way here lately........

1996 SVT Cobra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the IMBOC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode