|Creating an IMBOC.com Account|
|There are a few key things to know when creating an IMBOC.com account:
1) It is important to read the user agreement and approve before being granted an account. IMBOC can be stricter than most car sites when it comes to certain topics and behaviors. You must agree to the rules before being granted an account, and when you do so, you are agreeing to act accordingly.
2) All new account requests are email confirmed, and moderated. You must allow IMBOC.com email (make sure your spam filters are not stopping it) and after you follow the instructions in the email, and click the confirmation link, your account request goes into a Webmaster queue and must be approved by a webmaster before it becomes active. You will receive an email when the account is enabled.
3) Basic IMBOC.com membership is free, although Supporting Membership pays the bills and keeps the site going. Supporting Membership also provides certain website abilities such as picture uploads, avatars, etc.. See the Supporting Membership item on this page for more info.
4) If you are a vendor. Stop now, read this and then contact [email protected] for more information.
Basic registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.
1) You must be at least 13 (thirteen) years of age to register an account on IMBOC.
2) Although the administrators and moderators of IMBOC.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of IMBOC.com, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. If you see a post or message that violates the rules, please contact the IMBOC moderators or administrators via email or private message or use the 'Report Post' function.
3) You warrant that you will not post any messages or photos that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented (no nudity or strongly sexually suggestive imagery), religious or politically oriented.
4) The webmasters and moderators of IMBOC reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. IMBOC also reserves the right to remove or disallow any user or user id, or ban IPs or host sites without notification.
5) Vendors please note: Using an account on IMBOC to send unsolicited email or Spam, or to generate email lists without explicit permission is NOT permitted and your account can and will be removed. Vendors are also not permitted to post product information for sale without first contacting one of the administrators. Be polite. Ask first. See https://www.imboc.com/forums/321-vendor-deals/353969-vendor-rules.html for more information.
6) Webmasters please note: It is not permitted to advertise or promote your website in the IMBOC forums without the expressed permission of the administrators. Please be polite and ask first, and we will usually okay it (but be aware that permission may not be granted in all cases).
7) Webmasters and site owners who post (or have others post for them) with the primary intent to generate traffic to their websites will be removed, along with the posts in question. IMBOC is NOT a free advertising forum for the promotion of other websites.
8) Please keep in mind that the sole purpose of this website is to promote the Ford Mustang BullittTM. If you came here to "flame," "slam," or "knock" the Bullitt, other Mustangs, or the Bullitt owners on this site, your account WILL be deleted, and your posts removed. This is NOT an open public forum, and ANY form of trolling or baiting others into arguments is not permitted. Although it should have been obvious, this includes "flaming" of members because of mods, stock vs. non stock, '01 vs. '08/'09 vs. '19/'20, etc.. Flaming (car-oriented or NOT) is not acceptable behavior on THIS site.
9) As stated previously, Religious and/or Political arguments and debates have no place in these forums and will be removed at the moderators' discretion. We don't like "drama" here, so this type of attention seeker should look elsewhere.
10) Commenting adversely or criticizing the operation of the Forum or the judgment of Moderator(s) must not be done in an open forum. There are other ways to provide feedback.
IMBOC reserves the right to change this agreement, at any time, without notification.
|HOW DO I POST?|
|Start by first reviewing this excellent tutorial created by "Mid Life Crisis #388":
You can find the tutorial here (PDF Format.)
|IMBOC Supporting Membership grants you the following web benefits:
* Access to "Supporting Members Only" private website forum "The Fortress of Solitude*"
* Uploading privileges
* Image Hosting Gallery Permission
* Special "Supporting Member" web badge
* Signature Pics
* Special "Online" Garage
* Additional Private Message space (500)
* Swap Meet Seller Permissions
* Calendar Events
* User Notes
For more info on current Membership Options and Items, go here:
|When does my Supporting Membership expire?|
|Normally, the system will email you around 30 days before your Supporting Membership expires. Please make sure IMBOC.com is in your trusted email users list in your email application, and also ensure that the email is not in your spam folder. You should also check that your email assigned to your account here on IMBOC.com is valid/accurate.
You can always see current subscription renewal information under the IMBOC User CP menu -> Miscellaneous -> Paid Subscriptions This will show the expiration date, (if it hasn't already expired.)
|Why can't I upload images?|
|Image uploads directly to the IMBOC servers requires Supporting Membership (IMBOC.com account needed to see link.) You can always use a free hosting service for images, such as Photobucket or Flickr.
|Why can't i stay logged-in/Why am I losing posts or replies before finishing?|
|IMBOC uses Vbulletin software, which requires web browser cookies to work correctly. If you do not check the "Remember Me?" box when logging in, your session will time out, and this could be while you are in the middle of a post/reply. Also, you should have cookies enable, for IMBOC at a minimum, for this to work correct.
|Why can't I create an Avatar/use the Garage/have large signatures/etc.?|
|These items are all benefits of Supporting Membership (IMBOC.com account needed to see link.) Basic membership to IMBOC is free, but Supporting Membership provides additional permissions and features, and keeps the website running.
|Why can't I sell things in Swap Meet?|
|Most likely because you are not a Supporting Member.
Based on numerous requests/suggestions/screaming in the past, the Swap Meet area will require supporting membership for thread starting. Unless further issues occur, non-supporting members should still be able to reply to threads, but they will not be allowed to either start a thread or sell items.
Why? Because we had a few instances where someone ripped off club members, and the membership as a whole asked for this rule, specific to parts (car sales do not require this.) It ensures a valid email/paypal account or address is on record.
I.e. it helps stop someone from creating a hotmail or yahoo account, creating an imboc.com account, sell "items" they don't have, and then disappearing.
|Why is no one responding to my email?|
|Be sure that emails from IMBOC.com are not being filtered by your spam filters. Add IMBOC.com as an approved sender. Also, be aware that we receive a high volume of email, traffic. Do not expect immediate response to emails, and sometimes, multiple days are the norm.