IMBOC

IMBOC (https://www.imboc.com/forums/)
-   Bullitt Nationals and Events (https://www.imboc.com/forums/143-bullitt-nationals-events/)
-   -   Gauging Interest in reviving the Texas Shootout (https://www.imboc.com/forums/143-bullitt-nationals-events/373949-gauging-interest-reviving-texas-shootout.html)

RonReam 06-14-2019 05:40 PM

Gauging Interest in reviving the Texas Shootout
 
.


Please cast your vote in the Poll....

You have to be logged into IMBOC in order to Vote.











.

greenbull4439 06-17-2019 11:03 AM

Here's to hoping....

bullit4404 06-17-2019 01:01 PM

Easy for you to say Kurtis, for me it would be at least a three day drive just to get there.

greenbull4439 06-17-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullit4404 (Post 3733985)
Easy for you to say Kurtis, for me it would be at least a three day drive just to get there.

Dont feel bad, will be lucky to get people to come out that live 3 hours away, much less 3 days!

That being said there are a few....

RonReam 06-17-2019 01:24 PM

I've been to five of the Shootouts. It takes me three days to get there.



One of the benefits is getting to drive the Bullitt !!!

greenbull4439 06-17-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonReam (Post 3733991)
I've been to five of the Shootouts. It takes me three days to get there.



One of the benefits is getting to drive the Bullitt !!!


Agreed. Love driving mine to the nationals every year, really bummed I missed out on this year's.

Cf-105 06-18-2019 01:16 AM

Shouldn't take too long to drive down from Toronto. 🙂

haberrj 06-20-2019 05:53 PM

Hey Ron count me in 24 hour drive, approximately 3,000 miles round trip piece of cake

Steve68Cougar 06-20-2019 07:48 PM

I'm thinking a post I had on FB probably was the instigator for this thread. I've been to numerous Shootouts and have had a blast at all of them. The fastest time my car has ever run was at one of the Shootouts when it was completely stock (a [email protected]). I was signed up for the last one that eventually got cancelled. The reason given for the cancellation was that there were not enough cars signed up to go racing. I don't know what the magic number is, but my guess is that if everyone that has responded so far would be a "definite yes", we probably would still be in the same boat we were last time.

RonReam 06-20-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve68Cougar (Post 3734267)
..... my guess is that if everyone that has responded so far would be a "definite yes", we probably would still be in the same boat we were last time.


Yes, the level of commitment is disappointing. This thread has had 220 views (as of now) and only a very few have even voted.

JackDW - 852 06-21-2019 11:41 AM

This is an event I would love to attend but, being honest, is one that I would not make. So, no I never voted.

Hopefully you get more response from the Mach I group. IMHO, the Mach I are more of a performance vehicle then the Bullitt. I think the Bullitt is a better overall car but the Mach I has it from a performance perspective.

Can the event be opened up in include the Cobra? Becoming the Bullitt, Mach1 and Cobra shootout?

Thanks Ron for running with this. Whether or not it works out, thanks for the effort.

RonReam 06-21-2019 12:26 PM

There are really no rules. The implied competition is to foster interest.

Fords are preferred, but it's all about having a good time.

Deuce 06-23-2019 12:36 PM

Since anywhere I want to go from where I live is a long drive, it's not really that big a deal to me. I think I've been to all but one since I've lived here. There is a friend in San Antonio that has gone before, but doesn't get on here much. Same with a friend with a Mach. I could probably drag them along.

Tom2291 08-15-2019 08:55 AM

A great Bullitt social event, count me in.

DavidMidgley 08-15-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackDW - 852 (Post 3734315)
This is an event I would love to attend but, being honest, is one that I would not make. So, no I never voted.

Hopefully you get more response from the Mach I group. IMHO, the Mach I are more of a performance vehicle then the Bullitt. I think the Bullitt is a better overall car but the Mach I has it from a performance perspective.

Can the event be opened up in include the Cobra? Becoming the Bullitt, Mach1 and Cobra shootout?

Thanks Ron for running with this. Whether or not it works out, thanks for the effort.

The last several Shootouts were advertised as an All Ford Event, and the Dallas location several years ago garnered all manner of Fords. There were even a few non-Fords. Same with Lufkin the past several years. We even had a diesel Dodge Dually, an Challenger and a few others. Calling it the Bullitt-Mach1 Shootout is historical insofar as I am concerned, not really a limiting parameter.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Post content is the responsibility of the individual posters.
All other content, (including aggregation, organization and indexing,) is 2001 to 2013 BullittClub/IMBOC(.com), All Rights Reserved.
IMBOC/IMBOC.com/International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club is a Trademark of MDA.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome