Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to try some of the Zaino products that so many people speak highly of. A neighbor has a Lightning pickup he uses daily and I've seen this truck up close. I couldnt find any swirls, scratches, or any flaws at all no matter what the light conditions were. Based on that I figured I'd try it on my car. I ordered the Z-PC Fusion paint cleaner, Z-2 & Z-5 polish, ZFX flash cure additive, and Z-6 spray. There are some swirls and very minor scratches in the paint that nothing I have tried yet has helped. My neighbor has seen my car and says that his Lightning had far more flaws than my car before he started with the Zaino products....Time will tell.....John R

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
It's ZAINO mania! :nerd:

It's good stuff, John...you'll like it. :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cochese said:
It's ZAINO mania! :nerd:

It's good stuff, John...you'll like it. :smile:
Thanks Collin-I know you have always spoken highly of their products. I did the "Dawn Wash" the other night so when I get home tonight I am going to try the fusion on the hood to see how it does with the swirl marks.....John R :cool:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kaylan1521 said:
My cars need a good cleaning so when you're done come by and we'll tackle my cars with your Zaino products. It's a win win situation. ;)
For a ride in both your cars and a few cold ones I'd be tempted....Aw crap no passport!!!:lol:

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
John, let us know how the Z-PC works. I haven't heard of that...must be relatively new?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Zaino! I was thinking Zamboni and wondering how you would get that machine up on your car without scratching it:shock: :shock: :shock:

DUH!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cochese said:
John, let us know how the Z-PC works. I haven't heard of that...must be relatively new?

The PC-Fusion is a mild abrasive which Zaino recommends for defects that the Z-5 wont correct. I probably should just try the Z-5 first, but there are also some mild water spots that I'm hoping the PC will remove.....John R

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DavidMidgley said:
Zaino! I was thinking Zamboni and wondering how you would get that machine up on your car without scratching it:shock: :shock: :shock:

DUH!
I bet the Zamboni would remove the water spots, probably wouldnt be able to see any more swirl marks either....:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Zaino is good... but labor intensive! Though, I know it lasts (beads up water) for well over 6 months with just a california dusting and occasional spray-down (been a bad summer for me... the bullitt has been neglected). Let us know how the scratch remover works, I have some and just have not gave it a shot! I think my B is soon due for a professional brightening (water spots that I'm pretty sure are actually light acid rain or other oxidation damage because nothing removes them!) but if the zaino product is pretty good, maybe I can delay the expense.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
clarktl said:
Zaino is good... but labor intensive! Though, I know it lasts (beads up water) for well over 6 months with just a california dusting and occasional spray-down (been a bad summer for me... the bullitt has been neglected). Let us know how the scratch remover works, I have some and just have not gave it a shot! I think my B is soon due for a professional brightening (water spots that I'm pretty sure are actually light acid rain or other oxidation damage because nothing removes them!) but if the zaino product is pretty good, maybe I can delay the expense.

I have to say that I don't hold high hopes for the water spots on my car. When I picked it up in Alabama the previous owner (MRaburn) gave me a great history of the car. Part of the history was that before he & the other owners of the first few Bullitts picked their cars up in Dearborn the cars sat outside for several months and were exposed to the wonderful chemically enhanced rain in that area. The spots are still visable under the right conditions to this day. I'm pretty sure that a wheel would be the only way to get them out for sure, but I figured I'd try the Fusion anyway as I have minor swirl marks also. I'll definately let you know how it goes....John R :cool:

·
Registered
106 Posts
The former owner of my bullitt used Zanio and I'd heard alot of good
things about it. true it is labour intensive but after purchasing the
the product and reading up on how to use it, and doing my 1st detail
of the car, man, I'm sold.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zaino review-Part 1-I'm sore

So I spent last night beginning my Zaino overhaul of #0005. I had already done the "dawn wash" the other night so last night I could just get to it. I started by using the Z-PC Fusion polish. I tried using a random action orbital polisher but it really wasnt making much difference so I switched to hand polishing. I ended up doing the entire car by hand, hard vigorous polishing I would call it. By using this product I was able to eliminate the vast majority of the water spots that were on the car and all but a few stubborn scratches are gone too. If I were really motivated I could probably get rid of just about every flaw that exists on the car. I have a deadline to deal with as there is a show this weekend so I needed to get the process moving.
The next step was to mix up some of the Z-5 with the Z-FX flash cure stuff. This allows you to apply up to 3 coats of the Z-5 back to back. Without the Z-FX I think you need to let each coat "cure" for 12 hours before applying a second coat. So I did end up doing 3 coats of the Z-5. This polish is supposed to fill (not remove) minor swirls & scartches to hide them. It can also be used on plastic, glass, & chrome. I used it on the whole car, glass & plastic trim and all. This worked great, as it did hide some of the remaining flaws that were left after the Fusion. The fusion made some of the worst flaws good enough that the Z-5 finished them off.
After I removed the 3rd coat I had to stop for the night because my arms were ready to fall off and it was the last coat per Zaino's recommendations I should put on. Tonight I will do 3 coats of the Z-2 which is more clear & shiny than the Z-5 but wont hide as much. I have a new product called Clear Seal which they claim will absolutely make the car look wet. I think it already does now after just getting through the Z-5, so I cant wait to see the Z-2 and clear seal results.
I will do picutres, though they can be misleading. I tried to take some before all this to show the flaws I wanted gone but couldnt capture the flaws well enough to show them. Most non car people who saw the before pictures would question why bother with any of this at all? I think anybody who is reading this thread is probably just as picky about their cars as I am about mine and you know the answer to that question....:cool:

·
Registered
370 Posts
It is well worth the effort and work. Zaino is the only stuff my Bullitt has had on since new.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bringing this one back from the dead because im thinking about ordering Zaino. MaineBullitt, How did the car turn out? are you happy with the Zaino and how long did water bead up for?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MisterBlack_3828 said:
Bringing this one back from the dead because im thinking about ordering Zaino. MaineBullitt, How did the car turn out? are you happy with the Zaino and how long did water bead up for?
I was/am extremely pleased with the results of the Zaino products. Most of the water spots and swirl marks were removed with the use of the Z-PC. I only did it by hand, I'm sure if I had used a good polisher the results would have been better yet. As for the water beading, it still does even now. My car lives somewhat of a pampered life, never seeing rain. In fact I never wash it either. It got the Zaino wash upon our arrival from Alabama in May of 2007, and since then had not been washed again until just last weekend when we got home from Myrtle Beach (Actually we did a quickie wash while in Myrtle Beach also). My plan now is to buy a good orbital polisher and use the PC again to try to get rid of the few flaws still remaining.
Overall, I recommend the Zaino products. There is no dusty residue to deal with, no wax on trim to deal with, and once you do your initial application you can just keep adding layers on top of layers. I use the Z-6 gloss enhancer spray frequently as a detail mist to keep it looking good. This works great on all of the trim on our cars also. Gives it a nice look, not too shiny like armor all can be, and not "greasy" feeling at all. Once in a while I will still do an application of the Z-2, though there are so many coats on there now I'm not sure it really is making a difference. I tried the clear-seal and was not impressed with that, just my opinion. Next time I will try the Z-8 grand finale spray.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts