Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks i joined your Bullitt forum here even though I do not have a Bullitt, I do have a 400hp 351 powered GT 350 fake and a 91 5.o with all the goodies, The game plan was to buy a new Bullitt then the layoff hit!!! So down the road I'll get one. What is the actual production, I heard all the stuff as it came out but seems to change with everybody you ask, You folks are the right source... Is there a 2002 or --- Planned? Next, C.McQueen got the first one from what I read, is that actually 001? Is McQueen active on any level as far as club, race or ? in the Bullitt world. I live near Willow Springs and I do know he was out here in his Dads Movie Porsche, and had his son on his lap as Dad had done with him. I do have photo's from the last Willow Shelby event and there were 3 Green Bullitts, a clean 68 and one Blue running on the track, Any of them on this board? I have a few Pictures if wanted. Good site and love the new one even if my heart is in a 68...

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Welcome to the board!!! As for production numbers are as follows - 5582 actually produced with the last sticker number used 5601. Can't remember the whole story but this was a Ford thing. One of our members works at Ford and has ALOT of info on the Bullitt. And for next year, not going to happen. 2001 was the only year for the Bullitt, so you'll have to keep your eyes open for a good used one. Check unde swap meet here and there may be able to find a couple. Unfortunately Chad isn't a part of the "family", yet. Hopefully one day :smile: If you want you can post a link to your pics or you can post them in your post, just use the upload image at the bottom of the "posting" page. I know I wouldn't mind seeing them! If you need anything else, just ask!
Cam

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yes I was in fear of the 1 yr production run, My wife and I look very sad everytime we see a new Bullitt that we should have bought.... Love the thing, Started to buy a new GT , but it was not the same and the price was close. I will find a used one, My favorite is the DHG, Then Black then Blue, My wifes co worker bought a GT, She was buying the Bullitt but wanted Ford to paint the Gas Cap and get rid of the rims....I went ape!!!!!!!! She bought some Sparkle Blue GT, looks like a Christmas light..But it is fast, It pulled my 65 ...until the tires hooked up see ya :smile: Anyway I'm now active with the SAAC(Mines a fake)and I have seen a few on the track, one at Willow was Supercharged with all sorts of goodies...very fast, I think I want a stocker, well close to stock. I will attach some pictures after I get my Scanner going in a few days. Great car folks, save me a nice one!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts