Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
that dealer is near me, I looked at that car when I bought mine they had it marked up into the 40's so I went to the ford dealer on the other side of town who took money off the msrp instead.
the dealer on that ebay page has alot of high priced custom mustangs in the 50 and 60k range nice looking cars but way to much for me.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Rob and Bill I also looked at it glad there stuck with it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I looked at it as well. They were jerks. Had $5,000 admin fee. I offered sticker. The salesman said "obviously" I did not know what having a low number meant ....

Frank

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's too bad that Ford seems to have 'held' many of the early retail orders, filling Orders of Dealers like that first so they got low numbers.
I wonder if any early retail order was filled with a car under #100 ?
i know some early buyers got low number cars but from what I can tell they were purchases from dealer stock, not personal orders.

I, as others did, ordered early because I wanted the car, a lower number would have been nice to go with it. It's just a little irksome when you see Dealers like that with such low numbers that were obviously ordered for stock.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
They're not greedy,They're opportunists:badgrin: Believe it or not in an unrelated car,There is an 09' GT500 locally available with a 3k markup right now.Are they insane!?!
They only local Bullitts left are at a dealership that tied the same thing on the markup and now have moved to a very secluded location off the beaten path and can't give them away.
Sorry about their luck!I'm with Kenny Rogers on this,"You gotta know when to hold em',Know when to fold em'" Looks like our local dealers gambled and lost:lol:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
"Home of the No-Hassle Deal", indeed. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
RCSignals said:
It's too bad that Ford seems to have 'held' many of the early retail orders, filling Orders of Dealers like that first so they got low numbers.
I wonder if any early retail order was filled with a car under #100 ?
i know some early buyers got low number cars but from what I can tell they were purchases from dealer stock, not personal orders.

I, as others did, ordered early because I wanted the car, a lower number would have been nice to go with it. It's just a little irksome when you see Dealers like that with such low numbers that were obviously ordered for stock.
The first Bullitt I looked at was ordered by a dealer for inventory, but I never knew what number it was. The one I bought was ordered by a different dealer's sales manager for himself, but he couldn't complete the purchase when the car came in so it went in the showroom. Sandra's WIP was ordered by the dealer's finance manager and ran into the same problem. She supposedly got the 2nd WIP made, and it is also the 1st convertilbe. They don't serialize the WIP's like the B's.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BB2008 said:
The first Bullitt I looked at was ordered by a dealer for inventory, but I never knew what number it was. The one I bought was ordered by a different dealer's sales manager for himself, but he couldn't complete the purchase when the car came in so it went in the showroom. Sandra's WIP was ordered by the dealer's finance manager and ran into the same problem.
yeah, that's a trick dealers use to order cars for stock that have retail order priority.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
08 Shifter said:
They're not greedy,They're opportunists:badgrin: Believe it or not in an unrelated car,There is an 09' GT500 locally available with a 3k markup right now.Are they insane!?!
Considering that right now on eBay there are a fair number of GT500's at MSRP, a few even slightly below, yes they are insane. :lol:

One local dealer still has a 2009 Bullitt that has been sitting for a few months now. No apparent mark up but I've heard they won't budge from MSRP.

Another local dealer proudly proclaims 'no mark ups' but he adds 'wheel and tire' packages at big mark up. (on his Bullitts he added FRPP lowering springs and marked them up)

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
RCSignals said:
yeah, that's a trick dealers use to order cars for stock that have retail order priority.

Not with these- we met the people who ordered them and they seemed hearbroken that we were buying their cars. The sales manager also owns an '01 B that he trailered home and stuck in the garage; it only has about 30 or so miles on it.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
One of the local dealers here has 4 2008's sitting out and collecting dust, the sticker on each one is $33,000 and change, and they will take $29,000 plus TTL. Good luck to that dealer getting sticker in today's economy, production number 50 or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts