Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were no Bullitt logos when the 01 debuted. The 08/09 models have the gunsight /
crosshairs, a good marketing ploy in my estimation. But,off hand, I did not notice any 01's with the new logo on them at the Nats at Indy. Is it acceptable for the 01's to add the 08/09 logo to their car? Maybe a two part question here:

Would the 01 owners put the crosshairs/gunsight on their car?
Would the 08/09 owners care if the 01's added that logo?

I can speak for one 08 Bullitt owner, my feelings are as follows - A Bullitt is a Bullitt, whether it be an 01, 08, or 09. I think the logo stands for us all, a quick identifier that you (we) have something very special. I don't consider it year specific, any Bullitt can wear that badge with honor. Despite some good natured kidding (I hope) between the two groups of Bullitts, in the end, we are as one.
The car is the STAR!!!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
shane said:
We GOT SHORTED ON LOTS OF STUFF.LIKE THE TRANS3650 LOTS OF FUN THAT THING IS!!
NO SH** I'm glad they (FORD) didn't call our cars A BULLITT 3650 :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Dyno Don said:
Would the 01 owners put the crosshairs/gunsight on their car?

Would the 08/09 owners care if the 01's added that logo?
Personally, I would not put the crosshairs/gunsight on my 01 Bullitt only because it is not [factory] specific to the 01 Bullitt. I like my 01 Bullitt to appear [and exist] as it did when it was built at the factory. Other 01 Bullitt owners may feel differently and that is cool...it is their vehicle and may change/add/modify as they see fit.

That being said, I would not be shocked if some 08/09 Bullitt owners objected to the crosshairs/gunsight on the 01 Bullitt since it is a 08/09 gig. But then again...they can't say 'chit' since it is not their vehicle. Actually, they can say 'chit'...but they can't do 'chit'.

:clap:

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Cochese said:
Would the 08/09 owners put the 01 'BULLITT' trunk lid logo on their car?

Would the 01 owners care if the 08/09's added that logo?
Personally, I do not know since I do not own a 08/09 Bullitt.

Good to go in my book...but I would not be shocked if some 01 Bullitt owners objected to the 01 'BULLITT' trunk lid logo on the 08/09 Bullitt since it is a 01 gig. But then again...they can't say 'chit' since it is not their vehicle. Actually, they can say 'chit'...but they can't do 'chit'.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Personally I am not a fan of the logo at all on the 08/09. Mind you I don't think it looks bad, but think it's somewhat corny. If I had an 08 or 09 I would more than likely remove it. To put in on my 01, heavens no! lol

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many people do not associate The Bullitt Mustang with the Steve McQueen movie. The younger one is, the less the movie's impact seems to be. I think that adding the crosshairs was meant to capture those with no attachment to the movie. On a generation born & bred on the Nike Swoosh, the New Balance "N", the McDonald M "Arches", the gunsight was intended to bring the current generation into the fold sort to speak.
Yeah, the 01's have it on the trunk (Bullitt), the 08/09 is on the gas cap. And this brings up another point. Which model is the more "stealthy"/"subduded" - the 01 or the 08/09?

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Dyno Don said:
...........And this brings up another point. Which model is the more "stealthy"/"subdued" - the 01 or the 08/09?
Oh boy!!!!!!!!!!! Here we go. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably the '08/09 because

Darker wheels
No emblem in the grill
No side badges
The '01 has red calipers

That being said, that in no way makes the '08/09 the better car. The two cars are worlds apart in many ways yet there are several things that make them common to each other. There are things I like better about one the than other and vice versa.

I've never posted this here but if I had to choose between one or the other and all things were equal I would definitely choose the ................................................................................... one I like the best. :wink:

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I agree with Collin.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Back when it first came out, I kind of winced at the crosshairs/gunsight being used on that particular car.

NOT THAT I THOUGT IT WAS OUT OF PLACE OR WRONG, ETC., ... I have a good reason for my apprehensions. I did not (and do not) feel it necessary to post those details on here.

As for the special detail it gave to the CAR ... I think it adds the right special touch to the car and righteously belongs to the 08/09 models. I also think it wouldn't look bad on any other BULLITT.

As for center caps mods, I've always like the black and white "BULLITT" aftermarket center caps I've seen and I think those would look also great on any model BULLITT. I'm a fan of 60(s) era tri-bar spinners, and I've bought a set to install on 1276. I also like the Moon Eye bullit center caps like Chili just put on his ride. They really do look good, IMO.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I pretty much agree with Collin and Charles.

As for the 01 having things of the 08/09 on it. Not so much. I think that the 01 would have looked better if it had been given the black wheels of the 08/09. Instead of the argent color it recieved. I always have preferred the black wheels on an 01.

As for the 08/09 Bullitts having things from the 01 model on them...Maybe the red calipers would be it. I didn't particularly care for them when the 01 came out, but now the 08/09 Bullitts that lack the red calipers seem a little cheated in the parts dept. It's a signature part of the model, imo. Then again, Ford made it that way...

Best to leave the logos on their respective models. Moving them around sort of cheapens the look of the receipient car. Then again, if you have an 08/09 and want the 01 logo on it. It is your car. And vice versa!

·
Banned
978 Posts
Dyno Don said:
...Which model is the more "stealthy"/"subduded" - the 01 or the 08/09?
IMHO the 08/09 is definitely more stealthy/subdued. Even though I'm a proud 01 owner, I believe Ford "hit the nail on the head" appearance wise with the 08/09. The 08/09 rocks.

·
Banned
978 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
And if they did do "chit" they could get into deep "chit".
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Yeppers!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like the Bullitt name on the tail of the 01, much more so than the 08/09 Bullitt gas cap. Is the Bullitt name on the car the same as the Bullitt font?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Ezekial said:
Personally I am not a fan of the logo at all on the 08/09. Mind you I don't think it looks bad, but think it's somewhat corny. If I had an 08 or 09 I would more than likely remove it. To put in on my 01, heavens no! lol
+1 But not corny, sniper like there I said It. :roll:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've seen the crosshair with & without the name "Bullitt" inside. Which one you prefer is in the eye of the beholder, some like it, some don't. IF, and I do mean IF, Ford makes a 45th anniversary Bullitt or a 50th anniversary model,(I don't think Ford will offer up any Bullitts for any other year) it will be interesting if they highlite the crosshair logo in some form or fashion.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts