Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i've gotten alot of mixed anwswers on this topic so I figured I'd ask the experts.

In 2001 the "bullitt" style rims came in two colours, a dark grey and a lighter grey. Which one of the two colours came stock on the Bullitt? I'm just wrapping up my V6 bullitt transformation and it's time to order some rims.

Cheers guys!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I'm not aware of two different colors. It's possible that you maybe saw some aftermarket replicas. They tend to be slightly different shades.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I thought that all 2001's,and maybe even 2002's had the lighter grey,while the '03 and up got the darker shade.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I never knew there was differents in shade on the stock wheels. I learn something everyday.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I don't think we are saying that the '01 Bullitts had different shades of grey for the OEM wheels.

As far as I know (which is to say an informed guess on my part :grin:), there was only one OEM color for the '01 Bullitt wheels, and it was s shade or two lighter than the aftermarket Anthracite replica's that you can purchase today.

As Greg said, after '01, the Bullitt style wheels found their way onto different Mustangs between '02 and now, and in different shades of grey.

I posted a pic of the aftermarket Anthracite wheel here, but it's not an exact representation of the real color.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
The 40th Anny also had a different color of paint applied specific to that car. Forgive me as I have forgotten the name of it, somewhat gold in color. But not obvious until you have the Bullitt wheel next to the Anny wheel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1LOW03GT said:
I thought that all 2001's,and maybe even 2002's had the lighter grey,while the '03 and up got the darker shade.
That's it! I never thougth about looking at the other years for the change. Thanks guys I appreciate it!

I'm trying to determine which I like better for my car. I'd prefer to go with 18" just for something a little different than stock. I've found a company that produces an 18"x9" that is the same colour as the '01, which is not something you see too often. As Black 2425 mentioned the 18" are usually the darker grey, and I'm not to fond of the silver coloured bullitt rims.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I have the American Racing Anthracite Torq Thrust M wheels on my car. These are slightly lighter than the stock Bullitt wheels, which seems to be contradictory to other aftermarket Bullitt style wheels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sganow said:
I have the American Racing Anthracite Torq Thrust M wheels on my car. These are slightly lighter than the stock Bullitt wheels, which seems to be contradictory to other aftermarket Bullitt style wheels.
Nice choice! The AR wheels are very nice pieces! Unfortunately, probably a little out of my price range right now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The 2007 FRPP catalog shows several Bullitt style wheels, including:

= = = = =
2003 CHARCOAL GRAY
SPECIAL EDITION
MUSTANG GT
WHEEL
M-1007-J178*
• Fits 1994-04
• 5-lug, 4.50" bolt circle
• 5.72" backspacing
• 17" x 8" wide
• Includes center cap
• NOTE: Charcoal gray
does not match 2001-02
production Mustang

2001 BLACK SPECIAL EDITION
MUSTANG GT WHEEL
M-1007-K178*
• Fits 1994-04
• 5-lug, 4.50" bolt circle
• 5.72" backspacing
• 17" x 8" wide
• Includes center cap
= = = = =

The lighter color for the correct 2001 Bullitt wheels is anthracite,
whatever that is.

I like the black wheels myself, since they are closer to the actual
'68 TorqThrust wheels. I also like the Magnum 500 style wheels as
used on the Mach 1s, but they'd probably look out of place on a Bullitt.

rd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts