Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1743 is on the market. I'm the second owner and have had the car for about 15 months, during which I've had absolutely no problems with her. I've attempted to contact the previous owner of the car, who used to be a member of IMBOC (+P), but neither email nor sending a letter to him (returned with no forwarding address) worked. Suffice to say he seems to have taken excellent care of it, as well.

The car is straight as an arrow with 44,500 miles. The motor runs great, and I've changed the oil every 5,000mi with Mobil 1 full synthetic and a Mobil 1 filter, which is the only thing I use on any of my cars. The tranny shifts perfectly with none of the cold grinding issues that plague many 3650s. The fluid was changed (along with the diff fluid) at 40,000 miles. I keep a book on all my cars, with every fill up logged, along with all fluid changes and work performed on the car. The brakes were changed recently with Hawk HPS pads, and stop well, with no pedal issues or pulling in either direction.

The paint shows a deep shine with a dozen or so 1mm or less stone chips from NY roads. Not a lot, but I do not pretend or present the car as a show car. The picture below of the nose shows the marks looking their worst, as I had just waxed the car and used the flash, which really pops the wax in the marks. A little more time buffing took the excess wax out. From eight feet away, all but two or three are invisible. Additionally, there are a few small scratches and marks in the paint around the car, but none that warrant close-ups. I'll take them and email them if asked. There is one door ding on the drivers door that about 8 inches forward of the handle. The paint is not cracked or marked in any way and it is small (1-2"), but could be taken out with paintless dent removal with no trouble. I took shots of the paint on the hood, roof, and trunk to try to show the clarity of the paint and quality of shine. It looks like it's wet.

I had a carfax done when I bought it and it shows no accidents. I checked further through the VIN :wink: in the tri-state area and got the same answer.

The GT fender emblems have been changed to '68 GT hubcap emblems, but I kept the originals and they will go with the car. They are simply held on with double stick tape.

The car has on it 17X9 front and 17X10.5 Bullitt wheels with 275 front and 315 rear Goodyear GS-D3 rubber. The tires have about 10k miles on them and have very little wear on them. I don't do burnouts, so the rears mirror the fronts. I could measure the tread depth if you'd like. If the new owner would prefer, I could put on original stock Bullitt rims with 245 BFG KDWS tires that have approximately 12,000 miles on them, and I'll knock $500 off the price.

The car will come with a second set of genuine FORD Bullitt rims with Pirelli P240 Snowsports mounted on them. Lots of life left on these, as well. Yes, the car was driven in the snow, but it was thoroughly cleaned at the first opportunity afterwards, including the undercarriage.

The interior shows as new. There is very little wear anywhere, including the seat bolsters. I've included closeups of those to show them. I use a good leather conditioner twice a year, so it's soft and will stay in good shape for a long time. carpets are perfect, and there are NO cigarette burns anywhere. The Bullitt emblem coin cover is stick on and I kept the original fixture in the glovebox.

Everything else on the car is factory original. The tints are film and can peel off if not wanted. The airbag is not the normal running pony, but a Cobra cover. Don't know why, but it came that way from the factory, as evidenced by this post from the original owner:
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101345&highlight=airbag

Asking $11,500.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Looks like a nice clean car with lots of extra wheels! I wish I had the money and garage space LOL! You shouldn't have to much trouble selling it, reasonable price not hacked up. Where in NY are you? Might help sell it if people know location!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, and a good point. Suffolk County, Long Island.

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
I tried clicking on the pics to enlarge and it tells me I don't have those privileges....wonder whats up with that. Nice looking car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please disregard - keeping the Bullitt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts