Would you rather have a 2001 Bullitt vs. 2008 Bullitt

Votes: 44 57.9%

Votes: 32 42.1%
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming you absolutely had to choose... would you rather own a 2001 Bullitt or the new 2008 Bullitt?

Me, myself, and I would probably choose the 2001. There are aspects of both that i love but the 2001 just stirs something up in me that i dont get when i look at the 2008. But who knows maybe if i would drive an 08 my opinion would change but for now 2001 is in first place by a narrow margin.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
BOTH.. and if you make me choose, the 01 paint flaws and my crappy Tremec 360 might corrupt me a bit. :-B

Seriously, I love my 01, and I fell in love with the 08.

I have issues.

·
Registered
967 Posts
i love my 01. but i like the 08's also. i bet if i drove one i would like it as much as my 01. well maybe not as much but pretty close lol. but the 01 does have something to it the 08 is lacking in i think.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Let me just say that I love my Bullitt more than anything in the world but I have never owned a new car and I really do love the 08' Bullitt. But......I think I would stay with my 01'.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I am happy with what I have. No complaints whatsoever. I knew what to expect from it before I bought it and it has not let me down yet.

·
Registered
656 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
I am happy with what I have. No complaints whatsoever. I knew what to expect from it before I bought it and it has not let me down yet.

+1 What he said. :smile:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I'd pick the '08 simply because it's a better car. Not better looking, better mechanically. Honestly, I didn't like the '01 Mustang compared to my old '98 but the style grew on me and I fell in love. I can see me getting to like the '08 style after a while too.

But with that said, since I don't have to choose, then I guess I won't. I'm happy with 2759. I think I need a new mod.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I am happy with my '01, especially since I have added the S/C, 3.73's, Bilsteins and the T56. I am happy that I could do all of that for MUCH less than the price of an '08 and still be quicker!

Some would say that the '08 is a newer car and that '01's are 7 years old! My reply is that my car is the same as new because I replace all parts LONG before they "go out". Now, I agree that the '08 has the newer style engine, but it don't make the ponies that mine does!

After driving a car with a S/C, I see no way to go back!

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
if everything was equal in terms of condition , mileage ,price etc

2001..............I enjoy my 07 shelby gt a lot , it is more refined in many ways
it does lots of things easier/better....that being said dhg1994 defines ME and what I like in a mustang ( even with the trans issues , etc ).... the 08 bullitt has its own pluss's and minus's just like any other car ....but i can see trading my shelby in for an 08 bullitt, i cannot see trading in dhg 1994 for anything

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
B-Man said:
BOTH.. and if you make me choose, the 01 paint flaws and my crappy Tremec 360 might corrupt me a bit. :-B
What paint flaws? The paint on 1276 turned out real nice. :smile:

1276 is still a very low mileage car ... is there something I need to expect in the future? :confused:

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
What paint flaws? The paint on 1276 turned out real nice. :smile:

1276 is still a very low mileage car ... is there something I need to expect in the future? :confused:
I believe some of the '01 Bullitts had some orange peel issues as well as poor plant paint repairs. The AAI paint facility should be far more modern than the facility that was used at the old Rouge plant. The paint on my Bullitt is pretty decent.

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
I LOVE 3230.....and could never sell her, too many memories. She is almost thru being rebuilt for her 2nd of hopefully multiple lives. So '01 wins for me.

But, would I also want the '08 in my stable? Heck ya! I see them as two different renditions along the same theme though...can't really compare the two as they are way too different platforms. But...I also want a '69 Mach1.......a 'Cuda....a '63 supercharged Avanti....I have a '26 Model T, but also want a Model A sedan with a rumble seat, maybe a '36 Ford Flathead V8 roadster....heck...I need a barn!

And, go ahead and throw the barbs......instead of an '08.....if I really had the $$ to spend....I am still drooling over the possibility of owning a competition orange 6.1L Hemi with a pistol grip 6sp Challenger.....ya baby!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'd Stick With My '01

Ever since Ford introduced the new-for-2005 Mustang, I have thought it looks too big. I understand that the build quality and mechanicals likely are far superior in the '08 Bullitt, but I just can't get past the size of the car. Plus, from the front, I think the '08 car look "dumb", whereas the '01 looks "smart". The '01 Bullitt is the right size and looks great from all angles.

Having said that, I think Ford hit the nail on the head with the '08 Bullitt wheels. Those things are NICE! The biggest misses, in my opinion are the "Bullitt" on the steering wheel and on the faux gas cap on the rear panel.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Bullitt Bliss said:
Plus, from the front, I think the '08 car look "dumb", whereas the '01 looks "smart". The '01 Bullitt is the right size and looks great from all angles.

Having said that, I think Ford hit the nail on the head with the '08 Bullitt wheels. Those things are NICE! The biggest misses, in my opinion are the "Bullitt" on the steering wheel and on the faux gas cap on the rear panel.
That's really funny, those are EXACTLY the thoughts I have about the new Mustang and the Bullitt in particular.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Definitely the 01. The 08 is too plain IMO and I have had nothing but enjoyment from 2229 that I cannot picture being matched by an 05+ sytle stang. The eye appeal just isnt there for me on the 08, however until I see/drive one I am not going to be totally pesimistic.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
2008 ........... Have a 2001 with no room for another. :cry:

Much closer to look of the mustang in the movie.

I would buy it for the retro feel.

Neither one a powerhouse. :confused: ...... but sure to be a hit for the appropiate market.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts