Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday I went to Donington Park raceway with a couple of stang budies and my previously mentioned pesky friend with his pesky Z06.
It was unbelievably a perfect day without a hint of rain or clouds in the sky. The track is a former Formula 1 venue and there still hopingto entice that class back. In the meantime they host several touring car classes, open wheel types, and club races. Sunday's event included the Mazda Miata Club of UK and several other cars to include Lotuses, AWD Cosworths (just wave goodbye when you see one of these coming, TVR's, Caterhams, AWD EVO's, AWD Imprezas and AWD Porsches. The set up for the day was the Indy course which means lots of twisties and hairpin turns. After getting used to the track's layout I put the speed on and can happily report that the Bullitt held it's own. The balance of the car is exceptional and braking was consistent and fade free. The savior of the day for me was torque. That pulled me out of the corners and kept me from eating lots of turbo dust from the locals. The Z06 could only take me on the long front straight and just barely. After all he can get into his power band a lot quicker. I can't give before and after mod comparisons but I can say that everything added so far has certainly fine tuned this Bullitt into a "magnum" caliber machine. Next up is to install my MM caster camber plates and better brake pads and rotors. If you get the chance to Autocross go for it.
Arthur

·
Registered
123 Posts
So what mods were you running on the car? What tire pressure? I assume you were on 'stickies' (DOT legal tires designed for track work, about halfway between a true street tire and a slick).

I'm starting to get more comfortable with the car with each backroads 'session'. What I think I want to try first are aluminum rack bushings for steering feel, and an adjustable rear swaybar to get the car to turn a little better. What I would really like to do is pick up a used GT (pretty cheap around here), gut it, and slowly build up a real track car. I'm sure my wife would agree to the logic of that!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts