Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I picked up my car from the port today and besides being very dirty it was just how it was when I shipped it. I took my chip from Paul's High Performance with me so that I could get some general impressions on the trip back home. Unfortunately, neither program would work (I have a flip chip) the engine would knock badly and it seemed like a few cylinders weren't firing. Took it out and used my chip from the dyno tune at Powertrain and she ran fine. I trust Paul enough to know that whatever the reason for the problem it will be taken care of although I am a bit perplexed. The only thing I could think was that maybe the exporters added some regular unleaded to my tank. In any case I'll be talking to Paul tomorow. As for my general driving impressions over here, well the suspension upgrades that I'm doing tomorrow will certainly tighten things up. The speed on the highways can easily be 80 to 90 and sometimes higher. Speaking of speed (all law enforcement Bullittheads look away now) On three separate occasions on very long isolated stretches I opened up #01333. With 3.73's out back on stock rims and tires at redline in 4th gear 120 mph. At 4800-5000 (I did'n pay close attention to the tach) in 5th 145 mph. Finally at 5200-5500 rpm in 5th gear 149 mph. Straight line was solid in corners still a little soft and unsettled but that will soon change. In any case the car's stock suspension is much improved over my ill fated 99 coupe. Overall I extremely happy that my Bullitt is here with me and just think I considered putting in bubble wrap and storing it. Someone else onthe forum is looking for 300hp, I'm not sure if he meant RW or FW however, I can say that at 304-305 FW and loads of TQ (350) this car rocks!!!! Pictures will come after the suspension install. One more thing my dyno shop had a fire so updates to my dynos will be delayed for several weeks. Meaning I won't be able to show on a graph the improvement of the Densecharger. But believe me it is an improvement. Thanks John Demolet and Mus408. tired must sleep

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
CONGRATS!!!
glad you finally got your baby roush. waiting is very hard!! i must agree with you on the handling too! it handles MUCH better than the 99 GT i traded in on it!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hey Roush,

How do folks in England react to your car? It's got to be really different to them...just curious

Rarecat

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a matter of fact there is a very large number of the British public who love American cars and most things American in general. As far as mine go, before I totaled the yellow Roush coupe people would stop, stare, take pictures, make all kinds of positive comments. I even had a bus load of 40 High School age teenage girls on a field trip ask me for my autograph because they thought I had to be famous. Of course I obliged. As for the black Roush vert, it has been featured in 6 British sport car magazines. And so far I have been asked by Top Gear and Classic American if they can feature the Bullitt. So yeah I guess they really like our cars.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way I installed the upper and lower RCA, Sportline springs and stainless steel brake lines. I decided to wait a while before I put on the caster camber plates because I want to see if the car handles well enough without them. I will post the pics if tonight if my friend will let me use his digital camera otherwise I'll wait til my photos get back from the developers. I can say this though it's a lot lower (only two fingers for front space and three for rear)and as far as driving over here goes it was the perfect mod. Besides I plan to go to the road track course at Donnington.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Roush,

Taking your car to England is a sure way to get some exclusivity. Love to see some pics when you get a chance.

Rarecat

·
Registered
394 Posts
Roush,

What mods have you done to get to the 300+ hp range. I'm curious because these are the numbers I'm looking for, at least initially. :wink:

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts